20201003_080046 by burque_73, on Flickr

20201003_075001 by burque_73, on Flickr

And I agree; that's the one thing about their app I don't like
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Found a few survivors from the first day of archery season in PA.

Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

We enjoyed the ride home yesterday. 500 miles this weekend and plenty of good memories made. We're still learning to pack for weekend trips like this. We had the trunk and both bags stuffed full. With no helmet locks on the FJR, the only way to secure gear is in the bags. If they're full of other stuff, we wound up carrying our gear through the small towns, which wasn't fun. Sometimes if we were close to the bike, we'd drape her jacket over the tank bag and hang helmets on the mirrors. I think I'll bring a cable next time to run through a sleeve of the jackets and helmets and lock them up for peace of mind.

I'm very proud of her for minimizing a weekend's worth of stuff to fit on the bike. She suggested fitting a trailer hitch to the bike so we could bring more stuff. I'm not too keen on that idea.

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
        Here you go Burque
        And I agree; that's the one thing about their app I don't like
        Thanks Scott. That may be the only thing I liked about photobucket. It was easy to post pics from the phone.

After seeing that goofy selfie with the deer on my PC screen, I regretted posting it. It's interesting that even after deleting it from my Flikr account it remains.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

+1000 mile week logged despite work kicking my A$$$.... The colors are peaking a couple weeks early this year.
          Lots of rain last week and my headlight harness rubbed itself to the point of cutting. It is repaired and I added a rubber boot to protect the wires moving forward. It was a sketchy ride riding home in the dark, in the rain with slick roads and now bald rear tire. 33K miles for the season on thus far. Hope to get the Bonneville to 75K miles before winter hits.

Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

That muffler sure looks like its replacement would be an aesthetic improvement, Jedz. What a strange shape for a bike with such classic lines.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
              That muffler sure looks like its replacement would be an aesthetic improvement, Jedz. What a strange shape for a bike with such classic lines.
              Function over form...
              This is the second full exhaust I've tried and it works the best thus far...
              This bike is beyond spending more money on. I will consider reverting back to a stock look after it completes 100K miles and I get a replacement daily rider. For now... It just needs to run and run well.
              Best.
              -Jedz
              Last edited by Jedz123; 10-05-2020, 10:58 AM.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

They do sound nice. I like the look of Bassanis on those bikes, though.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                  They do sound nice. I like the look of Bassanis on those bikes, though.
                  I would love to integrate the peashooters back on... Issue is I really like how the bike performs with the larger header pipes, Even a reverse cone styled muffler (lBassani's are a great idea!) would look more "correct". These mufflers look meh on the bike but do sound great.
                  I'm currently saving up for the replacement bike (very likely a Yamaha FJ-09 variant). Once I get the new daily bike the Bonneville will go in and have a full detailed clean. I will likely swap back to the spokes and have it setup for pleasure riding. I would like to take another look at a muffler option at that point.
                  The VMAX is not doing so great in the cold wet (major traction issues) so I'm relying heavy on the T120 for the twilight of the season. I really do love my Bonneville but she is starting to show her age... That being said I'll trash up these mufflers now since they aren't going to be a forever solution for this bike.... They do look better than the Yoshi with the 2-1 system.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Another close call of a different kind last night.
                    I was returning home on a state road and rounded a curve to see a big mess of unidentifiable debris in my lane. Traffic was oncoming in the other lane so there was no room to avoid. I braked hard as I approached and saw that it was a decent sized dead and rotted tree branch that had fallen. Thankfully and luckily it had been run over multiple times and was already reduced to smaller chunks of wood. It was still quite bumpy riding over, but judging from the size of the unbroken part on the shoulder, I would have definitely had a problem if it was intact. If I hadn’t taken a short ride over the weekend to fill up the bike, that would be two close calls in as many rides...
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      Another close call of a different kind last night.
                      I was returning home on a state road and rounded a curve to see a big mess of unidentifiable debris in my lane. Traffic was oncoming in the other lane so there was no room to avoid. I braked hard as I approached and saw that it was a decent sized dead and rotted tree branch that had fallen. Thankfully and luckily it had been run over multiple times and was already reduced to smaller chunks of wood. It was still quite bumpy riding over, but judging from the size of the unbroken part on the shoulder, I would have definitely had a problem if it was intact. If I hadn’t taken a short ride over the weekend to fill up the bike, that would be two close calls in as many rides...
                      I'm thinking that autumn "brings it on" a bit, eh? Stronger winds, some rain, school is open...there's been a rash of accidents lately. Glad you dodged, anyways. it helps to remind each other, safety-wise.

Comment

I had a driver change lanes on me last week. Last weekend a truck was pulling into my lane looking right at me. A horn blast woke him up. FJR has a great horn!

With all these posts about mishaps, near misses and trees falling around us, I think the world is out to get us. I mean even more so than usual.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                          I'm thinking that autumn "brings it on" a bit, eh? Stronger winds, some rain, school is open...there's been a rash of accidents lately. Glad you dodged, anyways. it helps to remind each other, safety-wise.
                          For sure. I generally post things like that as a reminder.. I try to avoid superstition at costs, but with everything going on here lately it’s a bit tough.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            I had a driver change lanes on me last week. Last weekend a truck was pulling into my lane looking right at me. A horn blast woke him up. FJR has a great horn!

With all these posts about mishaps, near misses and trees falling around us, I think the world is out to get us. I mean even more so than usual.
                            Reminds me of a book a friend of mine, Ralph Angelo wrote:

Current Bikes:
                            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              For sure. I generally post things like that as a reminder.. I try to avoid superstition at costs, but with everything going on here lately it’s a bit tough.
                              Time to winterize that beast, Glen.
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

.... I didn't get a Christmas pic yet
                                I'm not quite ready to park it. There's generally a few warmish days in October into November. Sometimes December.

I could sure do without the drama though. I was thinking the other day that the U turn incident I had was pretty much the same scenario that caused the accident that my uncle had, and ultimately died due to the injuries received.
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X