No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate when beers get popped open like that. Terrible waste.

I got the old GZ250 on the road the other day. It's been sitting in the back of the shed since 2017. Here's a picture of the first ride around the neighbourhood. Bike runs great.

So we loaded it into the minivan for a family weekend trip to a state park on Lake Ontario.

On the beach..

I took the little bike a couple miles to a trail head and went for a stroll. The bike is parked on the other side of that hill.

This place is called Sitts Bluffs. There was no trail to here, the edge was kind of sketchy and the bugs were horrendous. But I had to get a look cuz it was awesome.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Sasquatch in NYS? Who knew?

Like the looks of the Bluffs.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Sasquatch in NYS? Who knew?

Like the looks of the Bluffs.
        Looks like he's heading north. I wonder if they'll give him a hard time at the border...
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Not today, a few days ago... right-click for 1600px pics.

---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Hey Dave (Grimly), did you happen to catch a glimpse of Danny Hayes as he made his way around Ireland recently? I've been watching his videos. What a nut!
            High quality moto-vlogging regardless of what you might think of the guy and the way he treats his poor HDs.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-22-2022, 02:36 PM.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Yesterdays morning ride, earlier than typical, for the 6am arrival of a lake freighter.

More pics:
              This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

Last edited by Redman; 07-24-2022, 09:29 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The wife, youngest step-son and I left Friday night after work for Waterville OH with the intent to head east to Cleveland then back home via Charmayne's. Our plan Friday was to catch a glimpse of the Roche de Boeuf, otherwise known as the Interurban, bridge built in 1908 and slated for demolition by the state next year after they couldn't get any buyers for it. It's supposedly known as the largest earth-filled reinforced concrete bridge

Bandit at Roche De Boeuf Bridge by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Helena and Paul at Roche De Boeuf Bridge by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Here's a quick history of it:
                https://historicbridges.org/bridges/...erurbanbridge/

Woke up Saturday to rain and the threat of severe thunderstorms but found a gap between two lines and made our way east to Port Clinton to see the lighthouse there.

Bandit at Port Clinton Lighthouse by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Unfortunately, the rain opened up just as we started to leave and I wasn't in the mood to ride the entire day in yellow and some red colored radar markings since it was moving in the same direction we were. So, instead we made our way home with the intent to go back to Cleveland next weekend when it's cooler.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I got out for a little ride of 110 miles this morning. Was wearing a long sleeve t-shirt under my mesh jacket and I was chilly for most of the miles. We got down to 58° here this morning and our extended outlook for the next 7-10 days is calling for highs in the upper 90s to the triple digits. What a difference.

Made one stop for gas and coffee and when I go to start the bike again, the starter had given up the ghost. Been working fine since my trip to Ky. last month, but not anymore.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of two of my favorite rides.

IMG_20220729_092238098 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

IMG_20220729_092231821_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

So, Scott, then we will get to see more ride pics this weekend.

hey, Larr, what aircraft is that?

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

image_59721.jpg Been going for rides most every day am home. Maybeonly half hour, or an hour or two. A couple times road somewhere expecting a ship to come in, and then have to find a good vantage point, and wait. But, hey, it gets me out for a ride.

here are some ride pics.

yes, officer, I saw the no parking signs, I am not parking, am just hesitating… for a picture, engine still running.
                      yes, officer, I see all the barricades,… they would need to be closer together if meant to keep out motorcycles.
                      Last edited by Redman; 07-29-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

​ North side of muskegon. That is coast guard helicopter.

Comment

336A126E-C0CD-4FE6-BF88-A6BB7B55D209.jpg And a thing that happens on north side of grand haven.
                          the dern draw bridge. Yes, on a US highway.
                          When I get caught by it, I like to get out/off and look to see if the boat really needed to request the bridge to open.
                          Last edited by Redman; 07-29-2022, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

hey, Larr, what aircraft is that?

Not real sure Dave. I'm not up on all the different models, but I think it might be a b1b bomber.
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Actually no, not this weekend. Something came up that made me choose to postpone it (related to the pictures of Rose earlier today)
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Another morning ride today, stopped at the same place so you can see a different bike with the same jet.

IMG_20220730_084846028 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
                                Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Working...
                                X