No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the view from my current camp just east of Bristol TN along The Snake US 421.

IMG_20230926_194256390.jpg
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

And here's my newest favorite spot to stop and shoot the.... with other riders.
      Attached Files
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Right now I'm parked at a state land spot watching the stars come out and listening to coyotes howl. Heading home slowly cuz the deer are quite active these days.
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Just 20 miles or so of forest roads today. This bike is fantastic.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Went out for a 40 mile spin down the 53 today.
            Oct12023.jpg
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
              Just 20 miles or so of forest roads today. This bike is fantastic.
              Ah... You got it... THe Explorer..

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rainy day here on the island so no better time than to take out the dr650....4 of us on them....funny since I bought my dr a few of my buddies have too
                Great bike

No signature

Comment

Been exceptailly warm last few days. Been getting out most every morning, sometimes afternoon/evening also.

Had something of an event this morning.
                  55degF this morning. Go for ride.

Heading out driveway, get to the street, making the slow speed 90degree turn ..... and Wham, my elbow has a sharp pain, my clutch side elbow, ow, ow..... and then Bamm, my throttle side wrist has a sharp pain and screaming ache, ow, ow, ow..... startling.... am trying to think what to do to relieve the pain... then thought, oh, what am I doing?, oh, I am in middle of slow speed sharp turn, about to fall over, need to attend to that..... do manage to complete the turn.... and continue on....
                  Man, that was starteling.

Did go for bit of a ride out of town, and then back into town.

Stopped here, at a bay/marsch off the river.

In first pic, off to the left, the white stuff in distance, is a group of swans at water edge.
                  Stayed there a while, more about that.....
                  This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

THen went for more of a ride.
                  Then meet wife downtown for lunch. Mid 70s by then.
                  Went for more of a ride, then back home.

Then later in afternoon, went for short ride and stop at grocery store, just for a few things.

Dern bike, I got to train it better.
                  I came out the store and could not find it.
                  It must have moved.
                  GOt to train it not to move around in parking lot while I am in the store.
                  Did find it, way over by the other enterance.
                  After carrying those things thru parking lot, I set them there for a while, to relax my wrist for a while.
                  THen those things easy fitt into side bags. And then get jacket out of trunk.

Oh, other thing:
                  I was approaching a school buss that was comming in other direction, on a very busy road, then its yellow lights started flashing. I started slowing down, down shifting and braking, and then the red lights started flashing, so I braked harder, and about time I was about to come to a stop, the buss went further and stopped a bit past me.... so rather than me stopping already past the front of the buss, I let off brakes and slowley proceeded. Could hear buss horn beeping and driver hollering.
                  Hum.. wonder if I am gonna hear more about that.
                  Last edited by Redman; 10-02-2023, 10:18 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went for a ride down to Penticton to meet up with some friends for a ride!

I just followed them while I was down there, but we went down towards Oliver and through Willowbrook to Marron Valley and back up to Penticton. Lots of fun, but not many opportunities for photos. Not a long enough ride for us to take any breaks, but I needed one on the way back up to Kelowna. Took this photo in Peachland as I was stretching my legs.

No side covers because I wasn't totally convinced that Burnie wasn't going to have an issue along the way, but I think I can now say that she's up to day trips without issues! Side covers are going back on and it's time to plan some longer rides!
                    Last edited by rustyspoon; 10-03-2023, 12:20 PM.
                    1981 GS650G - Burnie is ugly but running!

Comment

A GS at the end of the rainbow..cool..
                      1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Probably the last night I'll be able to ride this year without layers under the standard gear.

GS 1150 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          ...Hz]GS 1150[/url] by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                          About same here. TOday about 25 degF colder than 2 days ago.

Nice pose. Nice image.
                          Looks like a calm scene.

THe two overhead lights, red.... railroad crossing.....?
                          But if that is a train in the crossing, then, not such a quite calm scene.
                          Last edited by Redman; 10-07-2023, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Earlier this week I took some vacation days and spent them with Joe Nardy in the Smoky Mountains. alke46 even joined us for a day. What a great place to ride. So many curvy mountain roads. As usual, I didn't take many pictures. But, here are the ones I did take:

At one point we stopped for lunch at Deal's Gap Resort. The restaurant ceiling is covered in t-shirts from all over the place. Joe mentioned that there is a GSR shirt up there somewhere. He found it and pointed it out to me. Looks like it's been up there since 2005. Don't know if you can see it, but it's covered in signatures. Is your signature up there?

Here's a picture of my bike parked alongside Joe's in his garage, and my 2 favorite Killboy pictures on 129 over the mountain.

And, for something unusually different, we did a touristy thing and visited Clingman's Dome. It's the highest point in Tennessee. To get there we suffered through heavy, slow traffic, and hiked half a mile to the observation deck. The hike clearly demonstrated how out of shape I am. But we were rewarded with amazing views at the top. You can see 100 miles in any direction. Absolutely lovely.

Visting with Joe is always a good time and the roads around his home are a real motorcycle playground. Can't wait to go back.
                            Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                            Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Took a 65 mile spin today. Ended up out at El Calderon.
                              todayride.jpg
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                                Earlier this week I took some vacation days and spent them with Joe Nardy in the Smoky Mountains. alke46 even joined us for a day. What a great place to ride. So many curvy mountain roads. As usual, I didn't take many pictures. But, here are the ones I did take:

At one point we stopped for lunch at Deal's Gap Resort. The restaurant ceiling is covered in t-shirts from all over the place. Joe mentioned that there is a GSR shirt up there somewhere. He found it and pointed it out to me. Looks like it's been up there since 2005. Don't know if you can see it, but it's covered in signatures. Is your signature up there?

Here's a picture of my bike parked alongside Joe's in his garage, and my 2 favorite Killboy pictures on 129 over the mountain.

And, for something unusually different, we did a touristy thing and visited Clingman's Dome. It's the highest point in Tennessee. To get there we suffered through heavy, slow traffic, and hiked half a mile to the observation deck. The hike clearly demonstrated how out of shape I am. But we were rewarded with amazing views at the top. You can see 100 miles in any direction. Absolutely lovely.

Visting with Joe is always a good time and the roads around his home are a real motorcycle playground. Can't wait to go back.
                                I didn't know you bought a GT....how are you liking it?
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X