anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
    Went out for a ride to Tanto National forest. Didn't do the whole Apache trail loop as I am still working out some issues but the bike performed flawlessly.

Man, I'm sweating just thinking about riding out there. Nice looking 750! Did you drop a mirror on a dirt road? I had a maddening ride where mine kept coming loose, thought for sure I'd lose it. Every ten seconds I had to grab and hand tighten it till I could stop and grab a wrench.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

IMG_20170516_124014.jpg

Went for a ride with my buddy Stevie.
      1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        Man, I'm sweating just thinking about riding out there. Nice looking 750! Did you drop a mirror on a dirt road? I had a maddening ride where mine kept coming loose, thought for sure I'd lose it. Every ten seconds I had to grab and hand tighten it till I could stop and grab a wrench.
        LOL .. No when I bought it the right mirror was cracked and I was worried about throwing broken glass at my face. I usually ride with a helmet but .. honestly not always so broken pieces of glass was not an appealing thought. I have new mirrors supposed to arrive tomorrow. I am still working at making this as reliable as my old self can handle. There is an absolutely gorgeous run here that involves some 16 miles of hard pack gravel and dirt. It is a ride I wish I could share with the world its so awesome but .. it can shake stuff loose!

Soon as I think this bike is reliable enough .. I am taking that ride!! I have done it about 8 times on 3 other motorcycles. Unfortunately .. Tow trucks wont pick you up out there so if you fail .. you are in trouble! Think 100+ degrees, snakes, coyotes and javelina. Of the three the javalina scare me most. A few cars and other bikes make the run so you should be able to find a ride .. you hope!

But your bike will sit there until you figure out a way to get it.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-21-2017, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Back on the road, after the steering bearing and fork seal project.
          Left the lowers off for now so easier to adjust the spot lights and need to replace tach cable.,

And back to my "vane" pictures.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Back on the road, after the steering bearing and fork seal project.
            Left the lowers off for now so easier to adjust the spot lights and need to replace tach cable.,

And back to my "vane" pictures.

Looking great!
            How many miles do you have on it now?
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Man, did I do some riding this weekend, 525 miles total. Went up for the Aspen Cash Rally Saturday with my group and back Sunday with a friend of mine who bought a new BMW. DSCN0643.jpg
              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Sunday's ride with my friend Cindy.DSCN0650.jpg
                Last edited by mrbill5491; 05-22-2017, 12:48 PM.
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                  Sunday's ride with my friend Cindy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]51098[/ATTACH]
                  AH... one of those things with cyclinders sticking out both sides.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Looking great!
                    How many miles do you have on it now?
                    75 K

I have had since 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      75 K

I have had since 2005.
                      Awesome!
                      Wouldn't have guessed but I knew it had to be up there by how much you ride
                      Enjoy!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Sunday's ride with my friend Cindy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]51098[/ATTACH]
                        Hey Mr. Bill. Is your friend Cindy single? A lady riding a BMW is someone I could hang out with! ☺
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                          Hey Mr. Bill. Is your friend Cindy single? A lady riding a BMW is someone I could hang out with! ☺
                          Umm...if I told you anything, I would have to take all your bikes away from you LMAO
                          2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Umm...if I told you anything, I would have to take all your bikes away from you LMAO
                            Thanks for the chuckle guys....
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Took my gs850g out for the last ride with the old tires yesterday.IMG_0440.jpg

Comment

Only a 50 mile ride today but took a few hours when it's mostly on dirt roads. The 850G stripped of extras and with the Shinko 705 rear makes for a decent back country bike.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X