Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have to add that Charlie didn't miss anything,when he was~ahem~"sunbathing",it was in the 45 minutes while there was a minor incident that had stopped racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Drummond View Post
      I also have to add that Charlie didn't miss anything,when he was~ahem~"sunbathing",it was in the 45 minutes while there was a minor incident that had stopped racing.
      Was it a bit of sunshine?

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Good stuff!!!!! Thanks for the pics!

Comment

Yep Gustovh it was around 24 Degrees C(75 Degrees F) which is about as warm as it gets here in Northern Ireland.

Johnny

Comment

Great report Charlie. Good to see Stator getting out and about.
            • Suzuki GS1100 for racing
            • Suzuki GS1000S for nostalgia
            • Yamaha FZR1000 for touring
            • Yamaha TR1 for a project

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

Yesterday the five of us took 4 trains down to the south east part of England ,while visiting the ancestral town who's name I bare (a bit of let down) and on toCanteberry to visit Londonboards. What a fabulous day! Visited the Catherdral, Robinson's Suzuki, Richard's home and the fabulous collection of Mr Tatu . My appreciation and best wishes go out to Tatu & his wife for their reception & consideration for sharing . You couldn't ask for a friendlier & gracious host to greet and welcome you than Richard. I only wish I could post some pictures to provide a visual of the rich experience of yesterday!
              Until I get home! Take care Tatu!

cg
              Last edited by Charlie G; 07-30-2015, 06:14 AM.
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Stator Arrives in Canterbury, England - July 29th 2015

Great to see Charlie arrive off the train with 3 ladies and a bear. I took him back home and showed him my office:

And he took a ride on my powder coated GS1100G frame:

And he met my wife and sister. I'm told he has a penchant for the ladies!!

We are hoping he will come down for a longer visit in a little while after he has had a tour up north.
                Last edited by londonboards; 07-30-2015, 05:41 PM.
                Richard
                sigpic
                GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

That's great Richard! Had nice long chat with Tatu this evening, really nice to hear from him. I leave London tomarrow a.m. and hopefully be back home to check GSR by bed time. Cheers to all!

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

More Out and About in Canterbury, UK

After meeting my ladies I took Charlie and Stator to the garage to meet my bikes.

Here he is with the GS1150/GSX1100:

Then they had a look at my GS1100G bike which is the only one I have on the road at the moment:

Charlie then took Stator for a ride down the road after he worked out where to put his feet on my rearsets:

Charlie, Richard and Stator:

I then took them both to Robinsons Suzuki which just happens to be at the end of my road:

Where we found a GT750 belonging to our very own Tatu:

Next stop is to pop over to Tatu's place and check out his shop and bikes.
                    Richard
                    sigpic
                    GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                    GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                    Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Cool to see Stator and Charlie in the UK. Richard, I have more then once ogled the picture of that 85 1150 seen on your computer monitor. Looks like a sweet GT that Tatu has as well. Enjoy.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

So Charlie,

When do we see the pics of Stator in the Armoy pits??
                        Johnny

Comment

I made it home yesterday afternoon and left Stator with my daughter to mail off to Tomo in Durham as soon as she has a chance. I considered going back and adding a few photos to posts, but I think I'll just starting posting my pictures from here on as not to confuse and loose them.

[/URL]

A short layover in San Francisco waiting for ore flight to London on July 15. A lady asked "Whats up with the bear?" Told her it was my motorcycle forums mascot. Not sure she understood. Should have got her picture.

[/URL]

Heathrow on the morning of the 16th.

[/URL]

A rising up from the "Underground" in London with my daughter giving Stator a few tips on sidewalk techniques.

I mentioned in another thread in the Vortex that my daughter was formally married on the 19th and we rented a car for me to drive to the celebrations and on up the the "Yorkshire Dales". I was chosen to be the driver. Traveling with 3 ladies is always fun. I was encouraged to squeeze past a dbl decker bus by them only to have Stator find, a few days later, evidence of the event.

[/URL]

A little polish made the removal of this short work the night before I turned the car in.

I took over 200 pictures on this trip and it's taken several hours to down load them because my computer and photobucket is so slow.
                          Last edited by Charlie G; 08-01-2015, 06:41 PM.
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g

Comment

We drove up to Yorkshire on the 20th via "Betty's Tea room in Harrogate. Stator refused to go in and stayed in the car. A fancy place. I had water and a Yorkshire fancy melted cheese sandwich.

[/URL]

We started our trek the next from Bolton Abbey. I put Stator in my knapsack with his head poking out so he could see.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Photobucket is being a pain. I'll try again later.
                            cg
                            Last edited by Charlie G; 08-02-2015, 12:15 PM.
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g

Comment

Wow Charlie! This is the best vacation I ever/never took! The pics are beautiful. I soooo miss the greenery, here in the high dessert... And, you have a beautiful daughter...
                              So how did the red paint get on the rental car? It looks like motorcycle paint, almost... Would like to hear that ​story... .....Oh, and THANK YOU !!!

Comment

Grandma Peppermint, I had to squeeze past a double decker bus on the inside of a right hand turn that I thought was too tight. My ladies said it was fine and insisted, as ladies sometimes do, to make the turn. I might add that the left hand side mirror folded back against the window as I went by, so i knew it hand been a close one.

[/URL]

The abbey in Bolton Abbey. 6 1/2 miles to go to Burnsall where we were meeting Tomo and his wife.

[/URL]

My daughter noticed a large fallen tree along the way with coins wedged/pounded into the damp wood. Every reachable square inch of tree had these coins. I was told by my friend Johnny Drummond that it is as thought you were making a wish in a wishing pound when you place a coin this way.

[/URL]

Quite forested along this section of the "Dales Way". We follow the river Wharfe all the way.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Here the river cuts through the Sandstone called locally "Gritstone" forming a deep bell shaped trench, which the trail sign say many of the locals have died in.

More in a bit, if my computer is in the right mood..... cg
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g

Comment

Working...
                                X