This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Home in Canterbury

After a long a tiring day driving to London and back, Stator and I had had enough. As I pulled into the garage, he was already trying to get out of the tank bag:

and so to bed.
    Richard
    sigpic
    GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
    GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
    Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
    Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Very fine job Richard. Some of those sites i can recognize now without the narration. I'll have to make it to the Ace Cafe next time. I think you really need a motorbike when you go there. Was there an event the day you went, or is it always that busy?

Think this Bentley is carrying an Irish diplomat? (1 IRL)

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Just catching up on this. Richard, great coverage as usual. I thought when I saw the tester pulled out that it was heading in the direction of your Rectifying an Electric Problem thread.
        Nabbed another 1150 I see?
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

This thread has to be the best one I've ever witnessed on the GSR... KUDOS TO ALL who have participated in it!!!
          Not only does it have fantastic pictures and story lines, but, a great lesson in History also! Thank You!

Comment

dorkburger - rectifier on the new GS1150EF was working fine. One of my pals noticed that there was only one bulbs lighting up in the rear cluster. As soon as I put a second bulb in it would burn the fuse. I was trying to figure out why the current draw went over 10 amps just with another bulb.

Still haven't figured this one out so just running on the single bulb for now.
            Richard
            sigpic
            GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
            GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
            Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50

Comment

I'd like to volunteer my abode and bike shed for the next international Stator visit, I'm in Perth Western Australia and I'm sure Stator could do with some warm (blistering hot sometimes) climes in his next travels, after his frosty trip in England is finished.
              I'm sure the bear can help warm the hearts of the lovely Aussie girls here in the most remote capital city in the world, and he can help with the beer tasting that has to be done.
              Of course we'll keep him away from the drop bears, they are currently fighting off all the Tiger snakes and Wedge tail eagles.
              Looking forward to a reply!

Comment

That would be an interesting finish Sinkankan since he started in New Zealand then to Australia before coming to the states
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Charity Toy Run with Stator

The bear and I decided to go on the annual toy run to a local hospital. Childrens toys are donated and passed on to needy children.

Stator was raring to go until he saw what our gift was to be - oh horrors - another bear!

This was going to be tricky. I could see that they were an instant hit with each other and parting would be painful.

We are arrived at a local fire station where all the riders assembled:

There were some stunning bikes there. This was my favourite:

The only other GS I could find:

then I had to take the bear to the gift car to be handed over. Stator wanted to go with all the other bears that had been collected. It was a tough moment:

But he saw sense and came back with me in the end!
                  Richard
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
                    I'd like to volunteer my abode . . . . .
                    Looking forward to a reply!
                    This sounds like a good idea. Initially I thought I could parcel him up and send him home with my sister who lives in Perth and is visiting us for Christmas. But Tatu has requested the pleasure of Stator's company on a trip to Africa ("I had a home in Afffricaaa . . . . . ") and I'm thinking that this may be his only chance to visit that continent.

I would be happy to send him onto you in Perth when he gets back . . . . . . providing he isn't hijacked by any other African GSer. This will be sometime in the new year.

Greetings
                    Richard
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't mind whatever you think, I don't know how long I'll be in K for and post is..patchy so he'd have to be hand carried, not impossible but still a complication.
                      Anyway its "I had a farm in Africa" That bit where she gets invited into the mens bar at the Muthaiga club wasn't filmed at the Muthaiga club because women are not allowed in the mens bar, So they had to make a set up somewhere else. How's that for dusty tradition?
                      However, Karen Blixen is the only woman to have ever been invited into the mens bar ever.
                      sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

That was a good turn out for the toy run Richard, but green with envy of whoever owns that Vincent !. I do have an old spanner from a Vincent toolkit, stamped with the name, but just need the bike to go with it. Guess I`ll just have to keep getting my lotto tickets then maybe one day !. Do you think the owner would swap for my old CX500 ?
                        "Betsy" 1978 CX500 ratbike
                        1978 GS750
                        1979 GS750 chop
                        1979 GS550
                        2003 GSF1200 K3 Bandit
                        2000 Enfield Bullet 500
                        1992 XV750 Virago
                        2016 Harley 883 Iron

Comment

You should take him Tatu and leave all the other stuff with me. Have some great adventures and then bring him back. We will post him on from here.
                          Richard
                          sigpic

Comment

That's cool, I didn't realise there was a "hosts" list. Africa will do him do good, broaden his horizons and keep him away from his randy bear cousins. Come to think of it, is Africa the only continent without bears? Strictly speaking koalas aren't bears either.

Comment

I was hoping Tatu would have a chance to include Stator in a trip to Africa. Glad to hear you're up for dealing with the little rowdy fellow.

cg

P.S Tomo, I have first dibs on the Vincent
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Stator Flies to Africa

Well he's gone off to Africa with Tatu.

I've kept his travel bag here in the UK and he will be re-united with it all in the New Year.

In the meantime, stand-by for some posts from Tatu.
                                Richard
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X