This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomo View Post
    Well, Stator has seen some amazing places and had some fantastic experiences on his travels, but think this trip has to have been the highlight. Thanks Tatu, really enjoyed those pictures. Only downside is that my wife has been nagging me about going on Safari for years, now she has more ammunition !.
    Thanks and you're welcome, my advice is don't hesitate much longer the tourist industry is depressed at the moment and so there are some cracking deals to be had. KWS have just reduced the park fees and the cost of a visa also fell when I arrived this time as an effort to encourage visitors. Too little too late but it's something hotels, very good ones, are giving good deals.
    sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Yeah. I'm the same, used to fish for salmon off the tug. The only reason I did it in India was I knew the owners and it was free. Tigers in India are pretty much done for. Poaching isn't the problem anymore, encroachment and inbreeding is. The official numbers they give are BS. Here is a picture of a friend of mines dad. He was the last official man eater hunter.........

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

I read somewhere that the locals used to put masks of faces on the backs of their heads while they were working, apparently it spooked and threw the would be attacking tigers as they stalk from behind. I think you put that photo up before?
        sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by tatu View Post
          I read somewhere that the locals used to put masks of faces on the backs of their heads while they were working, apparently it spooked and threw the would be attacking tigers as they stalk from behind. I think you put that photo up before?
          Yeah I did. Can't remember what thread. He was an interesting guy with lots of stories. He and his family were pretty involved in Project Tiger. From what I was told the only chance they have is to bring in the army for the encroachment but even that may be too little too late.........
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Do you live in Kenya tatu ? I've never been able to figure it out as you often post from England. It sure looks like an interesting country.....
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              Do you live in Kenya tatu ? I've never been able to figure it out as you often post from England. It sure looks like an interesting country.....
              I post from all over, yes I have a foot in both.
              sigpic

Comment

Awesome travel log Tatu

Comment

Thanks to Tatu, Stator has had an awesome time in Keny.

Stator has now flown back to the UK and is back with me. I am packing him up and getting ready to send him to his next caretaker.

I am quite willing to send him anywhere! Just let me know where you are and we can get going.

I'm thinking that back to the US or Canada is a good idea.

Let me know.
                  Richard
                  sigpic
                  GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                  GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                  GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                  GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                  Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                  Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                    Awesome travel log Tatu
                    Cool, Did you recognise the Merlin engine?
                    sigpic

Comment

Wish I could take him, but I don't know if he'd like the 'ol El Camino...
                      (Still trying to figure out the starting problem w/the bike.... I have another idea, just have to get to it!)
                      Tatu, you outdid yourself! Great job everyone... Maybe Stator needs a little rest after THAT trip!

Comment

Right Stator is rested up and needs to move on. He's currently with me in Canterbury, UK but I'm willing to send him and his trunk of goodies on to anyone on the planet.

Let me know . . . . . . . .
                        Richard
                        sigpic
                        GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                        GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                        Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50

Comment

Has he been over to Scandanavia yet? I'm not going, but there are a few members over there who seem to get out and about, and the thaw must nearly be on them
                          '83 GS650G
                          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
                            Right Stator is rested up and needs to move on. He's currently with me in Canterbury, UK but I'm willing to send him and his trunk of goodies on to anyone on the planet.

Let me know . . . . . . . .
                            Good to know he made it to Canterbury, your side of the globe. His 2nd stop was Christchurch, in Canterbury NZ...Has he been to your Christchurch yet ?

Comment

Well here in Canterbury we have a University called Christchurch. Will that do?

Stator is well rested now. Does anyone want a visit?
                              Richard
                              sigpic

Comment

Stator didn't see much of the PNW, you can send him here if you wish. He could meet his cousin Vernon Clank.

V
                                Gustov
                                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                                81 GS 1000 G
                                79 GS 850 G
                                81 GS 850 L
                                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                                80 GS 550 L
                                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                                2002 Honda 919
                                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment