This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
    Stator didn't see much of the PNW, you can send him here if you wish. He could meet his cousin Vernon Clank.

V
    ....and SuzyQ, I hear she's hot.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
      Well here in Canterbury we have a University called Christchurch. Will that do?

Stator is well rested now. Does anyone want a visit?
      If you sent him to me I'd take him from California to Ontario, Canada and back. I'd rather he went to main land Europe or elsewhere. I leave the first week in August.
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

That's one heck of a road trip there Charlie.

I think you've done your duty with Stator.

Unless you are really really keen, I'll send him on to gustovh
        Richard
        sigpic
        GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
        GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
        GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
        GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
        Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
        Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

I would love to send him on. Please PM me with your address and he'll be with you shortly.
          Richard
          sigpic
          GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
          GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
          Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
            That's one heck of a road trip there Charlie.

I think you've done your duty with Stator.

Unless you are really really keen, I'll send him on to gustovh
            I'm sure Stator will have fun paintballing with gustovh. The little guy will be in good company.
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Anyone know the status of Stator?
              81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

I haven't looked in on my old friend and travelling companion in quite some time. Tatu those are some fantastic shots! Stator certainly has moved on to bigger and more exotic things since leaving NJ.
                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

I'm hoping that this isn't the end of a great thread. Anyone have any idea of Stator's whereabouts?
                  • Suzuki GS1100 for racing
                  • Suzuki GS1000S for nostalgia
                  • Yamaha FZR1000 for touring
                  • Yamaha TR1 for a project

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

Yes I do.

Stator is here in Canterbury, UK enjoying breakfast with me right now.

I have made several attempts to find him a new home but I haven't had any takers.

If you would like a visit from him, sling me your address and I'll send him over.

Greetings
                    Richard
                    sigpic

Comment

If you can get him to me in NZ before 12 October I'll take him to the MotoGp at Phillip Island. From there I can get him to Sydney or Brisbane to meet up with anyone who wants to take him from there. Or I can bring him back to NZ and hand him on to someone over here. Any takers?
                      • Suzuki GS1100 for racing
                      • Suzuki GS1000S for nostalgia
                      • Yamaha FZR1000 for touring
                      • Yamaha TR1 for a project

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

Stator arrived in Vernonia on Monday, tired and weary after being 5 days late. Tuesday was so nice Stator and I went and played a round of golf before the election results. Have pictures if only I can get my camera to download. But know that Stator is safe and well and ready for new adventures.

V
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Nice. My older son enjoys this thread, and asked about it recently.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Excellent news, sorry for the delay. It was indeed a sad parting.
                            Last edited by londonboards; 01-03-2017, 04:14 AM.
                            Richard
                            sigpic

Comment

Good to hear Stators on the road again
                              My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Finally got a few pictures to download so here goes.
                                Stator arrives and is not too pleased.

DSCF0362.jpgStator relaxing, just finished a shot of 4 Spirits and watching Monday Night football.
                                Last edited by gustovh; 11-11-2016, 03:51 PM.
                                Gustov
                                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                                81 GS 1000 G
                                79 GS 850 G
                                81 GS 850 L
                                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                                80 GS 550 L
                                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                                2002 Honda 919
                                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Working...