X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    I have been wondering that, too.

If he could make it in my direction by the first of August, he is welcome to join us on our "little ride".

Steve I can have him to you long before August.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Get him riding a bit in your neck of the woods, then see if there is any other interest before getting him to me.

Hey, if nothing else, meet up with Burque73, he can bring Stator to Brown County in June.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Get him riding a bit in your neck of the woods, then see if there is any other interest before getting him to me.

Hey, if nothing else, meet up with Burque73, he can bring Stator to Brown County in June.

My riding group has some rides in the planning stages now, some very interesting spots. Might look them up for a preview, Spring Canyon/Rockhound state park, Catwalk, City of Rocks to name a few. Oh all in New Mexico.
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Hey Mr. Bill, do you still have Stator? Why don't you send him to me for when I go to Florida. Then I'll give him to Steve at the Brown County Rally.... Private Message sent.
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            Hey Mr. Bill, do you still have Stator? Why don't you send him to me for when I go to Florida. Then I'll give him to Steve at the Brown County Rally.... Private Message sent.
            Yeah I still have him, I haven't received anything yet. Thought I was going to be able to do more with Stator here, though luck would have it, we are doing some major upgrades at work and my weekends have been crap because of the ugly winds and dust here and other commitments . And for April I'm not going to be able to ride either due to some eye surgeries.
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Send him to me in Oklahoma since he is close and I can snap some pics and send him to Ohio from here.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Okay, it's prime riding season. Where's STATOR... I hope he's not cooped up in box somewhere... Time to pass him on.
                My Motorcycles:
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                  Okay, it's prime riding season. Where's STATOR... I hope he's not cooped up in box somewhere... Time to pass him on.
                  I'll second this!
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

And I third it. It's been sitting in the same spot of the country for way too long. Time to send him on.
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I agree to those comments, let him move on.
                      My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

I sent Mr.Bill a private message with my address. Told him I'd pass him on to Steve at the Brown County Rally. It's no big deal but I'd like to entertain him a week or so. 👍
                        My Motorcycles:
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)

Comment

Stator buddy, where are you? Red Bird needs to know.

by soates50, on Flickr
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Sorry guys for hogging Stator, my plans with him didn't work out like I hoped. I'll be sending him to Norman here in a few days. I still have pics I need to load to a SD card yet so it may have to catch up with him at some time.
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

STILL NO STATOR! What the heck Bill, you get him for 7 months and I can't have him for 2 weeks before giving him to Steve at the rally?? I wasn't planning on riding to Las Cruces but I will...
                              Last edited by storm 64; 05-29-2018, 03:28 PM.
                              My Motorcycles:
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                                Hi there, my name is Stator & I am a biker bear.

I am wanting to meet as many GSR members as I can & I want to bum a lift whenever there is space on the bike. I am not very big & weigh about a kilo.

I do not pay my own way, I expect to be pampered, given rides & fed entirely at everyone’s expense.

I am particularly partial to good beer & since I am a bear, I will try to reciprocate to most on GSR by turning into a biker after 6 beers.

Colin Green has given me a logbook & has promised me a ride tomorrow. I will be keeping an accurate log of all my rides & experiences & will keep everyone informed of my whereabouts.
                                I expect the GSR folk who take me for rides to give details of the ride as well.

I also expect photos to be taken of me & the bikes that I ride on & posted here.

I am looking forward to riding all over the world & meeting fellow GSR members.

Regards

Stator

I was just reading some old posts. This is post number one by the late Stan "Flyboy". What a journey Stator has been on. To bad one person can screw the whole thing up! Oh well it was fun while it lasted...
                                My Motorcycles:
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)

Comment

Working...
                                X