Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill, It would be nice if you could forward him on. Let me know if I can help. cg RIP Flyboy
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I ran across a few pictures of Stator's stay here in Vernonia. He sure liked his cups.

He was pretty happy to get his new leathers.

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

How about one of the guys up north in Albuquerque give Bill a ring and find out what's going on. Maybe they can offer to help move him on if Bill is still having his health issues.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          How about one of the guys up north in Albuquerque give Bill a ring and find out what's going on. Maybe they can offer to help move him on if Bill is still having his health issues.
          I reached out to him. All is well, just a hectic time I hear. Sounds like Stator will be packing his bags for a trip sometime in the next few days.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Stator is on his way. Yup just got very hectic here. Between things at work, health issue, moving, and planning a wedding for me like real soon.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
              Stator is on his way. Yup just got very hectic here. Between things at work, health issue, moving, and planning a wedding for me like real soon.
              Congrats on wedding, mailing and recovery! Work is highly overrated. OK Norm, watch out for Stator.
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                Thanks Bill, 👍 Sorry if I was a bit foreword, I know life/health issues can get in the way of trivial things. I'm sure Stator had a good time in New Mexico, and is looking forward to some hot/humid Ohio weather. Thanks again friend. ☺
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

STATOR IS IN OHIO! (again)
                  Along with his collection of trinkets, and log book. Mr. Bill added some HOT and mild Green Chiles and some HOT Salsa all from New Mexico! Thanks Bill. (I'll bring the jar of salsa to the rally to share)
                  I was reading Stators journal and all the places he's been. It is really amazing. I can't wait to take him for a ride and show him off.
                  Attached Files
                  My Motorcycles:
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)

Comment

I also gave him one of my prized possession buttons. 👍 So many cool things he has collected!
                    Attached Files
                    My Motorcycles:
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)

Comment

That's the best salsa we've got here IMO. I loves me some El Pinto salsa!!!! When I make eggs for us I dump one of those little cans of hot chile in a pan and saute it for a few minutes with some onion and garlic, then add 5 mixed eggs and cook till done. Smother with some of that there New Mexican gravy (salsa) and that's a tasty breakfast!
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Ohhhhhh, real Hatch green chili....so Norm, what's your address again? I think the Bandit and the FJR need to meet up before next weekend
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

A bit of a update on Stator's travels.
                          Stator made it to the Brown County Rally, where he passed out some of the Chiles that Mr. Bill gave him. Thanks Mr. Bill. We also opened the jar of HOT Salsa. (There's still a couple of cans of Chiles that will go with Stator). Stator then came back to Youngstown, Ohio with me. I'll be passing him off later this summer. He was taunting me to see what the FJR will do. He didn't think the FJR would do 140mph. I had to show him! 139mph recorded on the GPS!
                          Saturday I had a friend over my house. She wanted to take the motorcycle home, even thou it looked like rain. We got soaked! Stator stayed dry sitting in the saddle bag.
                          I plan on taking Stator to a Bike Nite in Cleveland Wednesday. I'll get some more picture.
                          This is a picture of my friend Michelle &Stator. Michelle is really getting into motorcycling even in the rain! She passed the rain test, she might be a keeper...☺
                          Attached Files
                          My Motorcycles:
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)

Comment

Thanks for posting up Stator again!
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              A bit of a update on Stator's travels.
                              Stator made it to the Brown County Rally, ........☺
                              Evidence thereof:

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Glad to see Stator back on the travels. Also glad he still has the Tyne valley classic mc pin badge my wife Lorraine gave him when he was in UK.
                                My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Working...
                                X