This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uk gs nut View Post
    Glad to see Stator back on the travels. Also glad he still has the Tyne valley classic mc pin badge my wife Lorraine gave him when he was in UK.
    👍 He has a bunch of cool badges and trinkets. Even a small bottle of Rum!
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      STATOR IS IN OHIO! (again)
      Along with his collection of trinkets, and log book. Mr. Bill added some HOT and mild Green Chiles and some HOT Salsa all from New Mexico! Thanks Bill. (I'll bring the jar of salsa to the rally to share)
      I was reading Stators journal and all the places he's been. It is really amazing. I can't wait to take him for a ride and show him off.
      I have a bunch of pics of Stator on what rides we were able to get in and working on his log book. I'll send them once I can get those worked out to who ever gets him. Still trying to catch up as it is here from the crap this last spring.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Norm,

Thanks for pic of Stator with the GF.
        Did Stator ride with you at BrownCounty? Could have gotten pic of him with you guys with your sport-touring bikes on some small back country gravel road..... haa haa

How about some pics this weekend from Allegahany Natn'l forrest.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'm not going to be making the Traveling Picnic this weekend. However there is a Professional Motorcycle Drag Race (Manufacturers Cup) going on a little west of Akron. I'm thinking about driving over with a buddy and his kid. I'll bring Stator with me. Maybe I can get a picture of him with Larry McBride... Well since the King Racing Top Fuel Puma Suzuki is not going to be there.
          My Motorcycles:
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)

Comment

A bit of a update on Stator's travels.
            Stator made it to the Brown County Rally, where he passed out some of the Chiles that Mr. Bill gave him. Thanks Mr. Bill. We also opened the jar of HOT Salsa. (There's still a couple of cans of Chiles that will go with Stator). Stator then came back to Youngstown, Ohio with me. I'll be passing him off later this summer. He was taunting me to see what the FJR will do. He didn't think the FJR would do 140mph. I had to show him! 139mph recorded on the GPS!
            Saturday I had a friend over my house. She wanted to take the motorcycle home, even thou it looked like rain. We got soaked! Stator stayed dry sitting in the saddle bag.
            I plan on taking Stator to a Bike Nite in Cleveland Wednesday. I'll get some more picture.
            This is a picture of my friend Michelle &Stator. Michelle is really getting into motorcycling even in the rain! She passed the rain test, she might be a keeper...☺
            So then Stator was right.... 139<140
            sigpic
            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260
            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Norm.....?

How about Stator at your everyday activities....?

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'm getting ready to pass Stator on to Steve. I wish I could say it was a fun filled summer, but that is not the case with me. I've been layed up since July 1st with Gout in my wrist (a form of arthritis). The doctor tried a small does of Prednisone. Then a larger dose of Prednisone. The Prednisone helped my wrist feel better but only temporary. I'm off the Prednisone and I'm on a different medicine, I hope this medicine helps. Next step is some sort of surgery and I don't want that. With all these nice evenings and weekend plans I had, I've been stuck at home. I was planning on riding up to Port Clinton this weekend with Stator to ride in the "Tin Goose". That's not going to happen. So, I'll be sending Stator to Steve in the next week...
                My Motorcycles:
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)

Comment

Make it quick, we leave in 10 days.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Make it quick, we leave in 10 days.

He'll be mailed out to you tomorrow. 👍
                    My Motorcycles:
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)

Comment

................... I wish I could say it was a fun filled summer, but that is not the case with me. I've been layed up since July 1st............. ...
                      Oh, Sorry to hear that. I know you did have such a problem at one time. Sorry to hear it is continouing.
                      Yah, we didnt need to see pic of Stator at doctor appointment. Take care, Bud.

Comment

Highway_glider is wondering if he can meet up with the person that has Stator, in order to obtain Him for his trip the length of Route 66.
                        Last edited by rustybronco; 09-17-2018, 09:17 PM.
                        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Most certainly.

Does H_G realize that "Stator" involves more than just a fuzzy little bear?
                          Yep, there is a small box of trinkets, mementos and a logbook that go along with him.

I am in the process of writing up his (abbreviated) travels with us, but have no immediate travel plans for the near future.

Shall we meet somewhere or will a Postman be involved?

What kind of a timeline is involved?

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Steve, H_G is currently staying with us and as far as I know, there is no timeline to when he's leaving. If Stator comes with more than Danielle has room for on his trip, I may have to make arrangements to have the extras shipped to my place so he can pick them on His way back to Montreal. I'll let you know tomorrow what his thoughts are.

Comment

Hey all.

Stator and Daniel here.

Sorry no pics for now. I do have some but they are locked in my cameras for now.
                              Just so you know that Strator is doing well and is actually behaving.

After picking him at Steve's place we made our way to Chicago and have been following Route 66.

We are currently in Amarillo Texas. In a motel. We got clobbered by rain in Oklahoma City and felt that a bed and electric heat was mandated.

The GK is doing well. The stator got changed at rustybronco's place before picking Stator—the bear.
                              The no 4 plug got fouled up yesterday. Stator helped with changing all 4.
                              Today a small leak on the left side got bigger. Looks like the base gasket is leaking.
                              The rear tire wore down a lot today. I blame that 75 mph speed limit they have in Texas.
                              At that rate i will need a new tire in southern California.

That's all for now.

Stator says "Hi".
                              Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                              1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Daniel, slightly loosening then torquing the cylinder head nuts to 40 Ft Lbs will slow the oil leak if it starts to get much worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X