Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Motorcycle most like a real 80's UJM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Admiral Beez View Post
    To me the Moto Guzzi V7 and V9 are closest to the UJM. Today's Triumph-Thailand Bonneville may originate closer to Japan than the Guzzi, but the Bonnie is liquid-cooled. Put aside its CBX-like v-twin configuration and the Guzzis with their air cooled motors, shaft drive, long flat seat, exposed coil deal rear shocks, mostly metal body parts and classic lines, and IMO the V7/V9 is the definitive UJM of the 2010s.

Too bad the V7 has 50-odd hp from a 750cc? My 650cc GS650G has 25% more from less displacement.
    As far as Guzzis go, I prefer the older V11 Calis. A Jackal is high on my desire list.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      .........Guess I can officially announce!!! .......modern retro motorcycle:

Jedz Moto's 2018 T120

..... Pretty Stoked!!!!! A proper standard is coming into the Herd!
      Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
      I love my Triumphs! The new 120 motor is sweet. Hence the name Limee x(times) 2. I enjoy WW2 history. Britain's were nicknamed Limey's. I have 2 Triumphs. Limeex2
      Congratulations Jedz! Great choice! Not meaning to go off topic here, but it seems quite a few of us are Triumph fans - I really enjoy riding this bike, but the very aggressive riding position means I only go for shorter rides compared to the GS850G!

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Working...
      X