What's a T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
    Personally, I think the '83 750T is the best looking GS of them all. Absolutely LOVE mine...
    Ageed!

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
      QUOTE=Mr.humbucker;2460098]

And I found a GS650T ... wow ... Suzuki was quite diverse in the day ... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rawlings-GS...0AAOSwBwBandon

suzuki les paul.jpg
      Yep, they even made these.[/QUOTE]
      Is that an LP made by Suzuki musical instrument division?
      Lawsuit era?
      Suzuki GS550; Kawasaki H-1E, GPz900; Honda MT250, CB400F, CB550, GL500, CBR929.

Comment

The GS750T Rules! Hahahahaha!

Here is the article I was talking about:

Ed

EDIT: I'm typing up the article but I'm having a hard time zooming in.
        Last edited by GSXR7ED; 03-06-2018, 08:33 PM.
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Canary View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]54185[/ATTACH]
          Yep, they even made these.
          Is that an LP made by Suzuki musical instrument division?
          Lawsuit era?[/QUOTE]

It's a bolt on neck for a LP ... don't work for me!

How's the winter going in Saskatchewan? Lots of RAIN here ...
          GS550T 1981
          GS850G 1983
          GS650G 1982
          GS650G 1982 Under Restoration 😳🏍👍

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
            Ageed!

Ed
            I also agree, very clean balanced bike and hence it is on my bike bucket list ... only thing missing is a dual disk up front ...
            GS550T 1981
            GS850G 1983
            GS650G 1982

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.humbucker View Post
              I also agree, very clean balanced bike and hence it is on my bike bucket list ... only thing missing is a dual disk up front ...
              Agreed!

The dual disk from the 1982 GS1100E will be a nice upgrade.

Ed
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Here is the article I re-typed myself:

To Suzuki, the GS750TZ is more than another new model, it's a solution. In the final analysis it might not prove to be the solution but for now it's at least a solution to a dilemma that the entire Japanese motorcycle industry, not just Suzuki has been stuck on the horns of for the last few years: how to design factory-custom motorcycles to have precisely The Look that is so vital to their sales success without having them all look alike.

A Catch-22 situation, indeed, and the GS750TZ is Suzuki's response to it. The TZ is a decidedly conservative approach to the problem, though, not just in a way the bike looks but in the fact that it will be the only model in the company's entire 1982 lineup styled in this fashion (all the other customs will be in the usual L-model configuration). Apparently, Suzuki wants to test the waters of acceptance for a new generation of factory-custom motorcycles by cautiously dipping in with just one toe rather than jumping in feet-first. And instead of breaking any all-new styling ground, the TZ simply attempts to split the difference between customs and standard models. The styling still captures the essence of The Great American Street Cruiser, but some of the more practical ergonomic elements have been lifted from the standard-issue Suzukis.

What emmerges from this marriage made in Hamamatsu is a clean, simple, unpretentious motorcycle that almost looks more "classic" than "custom". There is, in fact, more than a hint of Triumph, circa late sixties, in the TZ lines.

Much of that Britbike look is no doubt due to the particular profile of the TZ's 4.5-gallon teardrop tank, especially with its Triumph-like color-contrasting knee cut-outs. But the overall effect of being a latter-day classic might be the result of the bike having an unfamiliar (for this day and age) combination of familiar pieces. The gas tank, for example, has the requisite custom-bike shape and the handlebar is conventional (read: not high-rise pullbacks) fare, but the two usually aren't found on the same motorcycle. Likewise for the stepped seat, fat 17-inch rear tire and simple rear fender (all custom-bike traditions); but the seat is not radically stepped, the fenders are not bobbed short and the front fork is not--and doesn't even look to be--extended (all standard-bike traditions). The difference, therefore, between this bike and the usual factory customs is that the TZ resembles a vintage Triumph before customizing, not after.

Mechanically, the TZ offers no such controversies, being essentially an E-model GS750 with major cosmetic differences and a few mechanical dissimilarities. Most of the latter are obvious (single front disc, drum rear brake, no anti-dive mechanism on the fork, different spoke pattern on the cast wheels), and the instrumentation was lifted directly from Suzuki's L-series street customs. Otherwise, everything else is identical to it's E-model counterpart.

That should assure the GS750TZ of being an extraordinary fast, fine-handling boulevard cruiser; but the issue at stake here is not how quickly it will move in the showroom. Suzuki believes, obviously, that the custom-styled market simply has to expand and that this is one of the directions it will expand in. It's our belief that there is a growing number of riders out there who will agree with Suzuki's philosophy. And for them, it can't happen a day too soon.

Ed
                Last edited by GSXR7ED; 03-07-2018, 07:37 AM.
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

"Suzuki believes, obviously, that the custom-styled market simply has to expand and that this is one of the directions it will expand in."

Sadly if I am not mistaken this was the last year for this model. Thanks for typing this out for all to read!
                  GS550T 1981
                  GS850G 1983
                  GS650G 1982

Comment

Don’t know much about them but they fit well.

I know bad Dad joke.....
                    David
                    1998 Suzuki Bandit
                    1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
                    1978 GS1000 - gone
                    1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

"Suzuki believes, obviously, that the custom-styled market simply has to expand and that this is one of the directions it will expand in."

Sadly if I am not mistaken this was the last year for this model. Thanks for typing this out for all to read!
                      There were two years this model was built...1982-83/TZ and TD designation. The TD had a black engine, different valve covers and square lights. Spyder and yasser can fill in other differences

Originally posted by portdave View Post
                      Don’t know much about them but they fit well.

I know bad Dad joke.....
                      I had to think about that for a second...hahahahaha!

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I believe you might be slightly mistaken.

The T models were available in '83. Probably not in all displacements, but in post #14, Spyder shows his '83 T. It started as a 750, but he has transplanted an 1100 into it.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I told you T stands for Triumphish, but nooooooooooooooooooooo, don't listen to me.

I think it's Suzuki's attempt at making a British influenced bike. They have a Triumph look to me, especially the 550T.
                          79 Triumph Bonneville 750 T 140

82 Suzuki GS750T

GSRick
                          GSRick
                          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I think Lawrence Tureaud rode a T... Yeah, that's how he got the nickname "Mr.T" I pity the fool who tells me different!!!
                            Attached Files
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              I think Lawrence Tureaud rode a T... Yeah, that's how he got the nickname "Mr.T" I pity the fool who tells me different!!!
                              Good one, Norm. I remember the first time I saw Mr.T. They had a bouncer competition on NBC, Americas Toughest Bouncer, back in the early 80s and he was the winner. They had dwarf tossing in that show. I wonder how we'll that would go over now that everybody has to be upset over everything.
                              GSRick
                              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

The '82, and '83 750T were almost identical. The only major difference between the 2 were the engine color, and the paint schemes were flipped. Both years only came in Black/Charcoal, and Black/Red. Both years had a ROUND headlight. Both years had the same engine, same HP, and same displacement. The '82 was a silver engine, and the '83 had a black one. Other than those few differences, they were virtually identical... I personally like the black engine, and the paint scheme of the '83 better...

OH ! ! ! And the '83 speedo went to 140, where as all '82's only went to 85...
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X