What's a T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
    The '82, and '83 750T were almost identical. The only major difference between the 2 were the engine color, and the paint schemes were flipped. Both years only came in Black/Charcoal, and Black/Red. Both years had a ROUND headlight. Both years had the same engine, same HP, and same displacement. The '82 was a silver engine, and the '83 had a black one. Other than those few differences, they were virtually identical... I personally like the black engine, and the paint scheme of the '83 better...

OH ! ! ! And the '83 speedo went to 140, where as all '82's only went to 85...
    Here's the RED tank and Covers for those who have not seen it! It's not the reverse of the colors mentioned but a nice paint job, nonetheless.

I can't believe I waited this long to display what I have!!!

Ed
    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 09-19-2019, 05:27 PM.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
      Axle under forks is one difference from the L..
      my axle is under my forks
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

As I recall from Suzuki adds in the day, "T" was for "Traditional" and "L" was "Low Slinger". (Sorry to disappoint anyone who bought an "L" in the belief that it was for Penny Marshals sweaters in Laverne and Shirley... it just looks like that).

I believe that Suzuki went to the square turn signals in '81 when they also added running lights on the front. My '81 1000G has black ones, the '82 1100G I gave to my brother has chrome ones. The black goes fine with the black plastic headlight shell. Honestly, I can't say that I hadn't cared which I had. Now I'm wondering how the '81 would look with chrome ones. I have some spare chrome round ones which are metal. Not sure what they are from, or if they are aftermarket. A Motorcycle salvage yard in Phoenix had them behind the counter, and I bought them. Nearly all have been used up in Windjammer removals.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
          As I recall from Suzuki adds in the day, "T" was for "Traditional" and "L" was "Low Slinger". (Sorry to disappoint anyone who bought an "L" in the belief that it was for Penny Marshals sweaters in Laverne and Shirley... it just looks like that).

I believe that Suzuki went to the square turn signals in '81 when they also added running lights on the front. My '81 1000G has black ones, the '82 1100G I gave to my brother has chrome ones. The black goes fine with the black plastic headlight shell. Honestly, I can't say that I hadn't cared which I had. Now I'm wondering how the '81 would look with chrome ones. I have some spare chrome round ones which are metal. Not sure what they are from, or if they are aftermarket. A Motorcycle salvage yard in Phoenix had them behind the counter, and I bought them. Nearly all have been used up in Windjammer removals.
          Thread revival...only because of this thread:

Use this forum to tell everyone the details about the GS that you own and a little about yourself as well.

Calling @jstedmanb

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
          X