No announcement yet.

What's a T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was kind of wondering where the square headlight came from. '80-81 750/1100Es and Katana's were the only bikes I can remember having square headlights.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

The '80/'81 750E and 1100E had square headlights in what was affectionately known as "the lunchbox".

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I believe you might be slightly mistaken.

The T models were available in '83. Probably not in all displacements, but in post #14, Spyder shows his '83 T. It started as a 750, but he has transplanted an 1100 into it.

You are correct, I was mistaken. There was an 83 750T for sale up Whistler way a while back that was an 83 I believe with a black engine for $2700 Cnd that was in nice shape. You learn something new everyday or as you age you remeber things you forgot, if you're lucky.
        GS550T 1981
        GS850G 1983
        GS650G 1982
        GS650G 1982 Under Restoration 😳🏍👍

Comment

It's interesting that they put square turn signals on the 1983/750T even though it had a round headlight. I noticed the lunchbox '80/'81 models posted above by Steve and figured they go hand-in-hand. Small detail differences that keep the dialogue going. Thanks for everyone's input on the "T"/Triumph...duly noted RICK!

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I couldn't comment on the turn signals, as mine had cheap after market ones when I bought it...
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
              I couldn't comment on the turn signals, as mine had cheap after market ones when I bought it...
              Were they square or round? The pic I posted on the "T" Nation thread shows they came with square ones.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                Were they square or round? The pic I posted on the "T" Nation thread shows they came with square ones.

Ed
                I actually prefer the rectangular turns. No chrome pitting.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                  I like the round ones...guess it's because that's what was on her when I took ownership.

Ed
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                    That would depend on whether you had chrome bodies or black.

sigpic
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

This may need clarification for those who don't know about the chrome rectangular indicators.
                      Dogma
                      --
                      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                      '80 GS850 GLT
                      '80 GS1000 GT
                      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

To tell the truth, I don't think I've seen chrome rectangle turns on a GS, but obviously I'm referring to the black ones.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                          This may need clarification for those who don't know about the chrome rectangular indicators.
                          Clarification? How about pictures?

sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride

Comment

Thanks Steve!

I wonder if they produce the black with the round lights. Wait a minute...I think I prefer the chrome.

Ed
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Clarification? How about pictures?

Yep, I don't think I've ever seen those chrome ones on any of my bikes.
                              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I think the chrome ones might have only been on the shafties. And probably only on the G models, not the GL.

Might have started the chrome with the '82 1100G, then the 850 got them in '83, but I'm not real sure of that.

sigpic
                                Family Portrait
                                Siblings and Spouses
                                Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                                X