No announcement yet.

New owner here with Carb issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE= ALWAYS trust your own eyes... My advice, go get your bike, and handle these carbs yourself. You just might need a new set of carbs, or not... You really won't know until you get them, inspect them, and let THESE guys see what you have going on...[/QUOTE]

I do handle some of my own carb work. I just finished rebuilding my DR650 carb and I just got lazy I guess. Not only that when I brought the bike into the shop it had a host of other problems... allow me to list.

Random leaks in several places on the engine = Complete Gasket Kit $68
    Worn sprocket shaft seal = $11
    Rear brake rebuild was needed = $50
    Fork tubes were bent = Used fork tubes $149
    Rear tire rotted out from age = $135
    Ignition coils were corroded = New Hi Perf Coil set $68
    Exhaust was leaking = New Exhaust from Delkevic $335
    Rust in the gas tank = Tank expoxied and new petcock = $375

I just didn't have the time to do all that, fortunately I had the funds lol. Now the last thing that's giving me trouble are these carbs. Hopefully the boots I bought will work out and I can put this to bed.

Comment

If you really want to give the RS carbs a shot, they can be made to work.

That being said I can't find anything wrong with the picture of the carbs you posted. Maybe I'm blind but I've looked a couple times and don't see anything.

One more thing is that I'd really be interested to hear how the Delkevic exhaust sounds, I have an unknown brand drag pipe on my 78' that scrapes every time I try to turn right. I had a delkevic on my CB350F and loved it
      The current garage:
      1978 GS750
      1975 GT750M
      1984 CB700SC
      1982 XJ650 Seca Turbo
      1975 RD250 - 350 conversion

Comment

[QUOTE=The1970's;2492530]

One more thing is that I'd really be interested to hear how the Delkevic exhaust sounds

Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by The1970's View Post
          If you really want to give the RS carbs a shot, they can be made to work.

That being said I can't find anything wrong with the picture of the carbs you posted. Maybe I'm blind but I've looked a couple times and don't see anything.
          I really do, I can tell this to anyone else thats trying to do this that the stock airbox will not fit with RS carbs. I'm going to have pods installed. I'll post a video up soon to let you know how it works out.

Comment

Working...
          X