RVS Engine Treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RVS Engine Treatment

Hello everyone, I wanted to share a product I was introduced to by another rider when I was traveling back from Kelowna.

He said that he had a GS400 like mine and he used this product called RVS. It is suppose to seal any worn areas in engines, transmissions and steering systems with a "ceramic" like coating.

Has anyone used it or heard about it?

Here is the website for more info.
    Patented Triboceramic engine, transmission and power steering treatments. Improve the life, efficiency and smoothness of your mechanisms.

I did lots of research and the results sound impressive.

Sounds like "snake oil".

A classic US product. Been sold for 150 years. A triumph of marketing over engineering.
    Richard
    sigpic
    GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
    GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
    Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
    Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Looks and sounds a lot like the claims made by Slick 50, back in the early '80s. The only difference is that instead of building up the irregularities with ceramic, Slick 50 used PTFE (generic Teflon). I tried some Slick 50 in each of my vehicles, saw absolutely no difference regarding any of their claims.

I can't say anything about RVS as I have never even heard of it, let alone used any. However, if someone wanted to donate the products (or the money to purchase them), I would use my van as a guinea pig. It's maintenance is well-documented, as well as overall operating costs, so a comparison would be easy.

Anyone feeling generous? Engine treatment is $60. Transmission treatment is $70. Power steering treatment is $30. I see no mention of treatment for a differential. My van is AWD, so there are TWO.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I put a couple of ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil in my vehicles' gas tanks every fill up, and it does seem to yield better mileage by a mile or three per gallon, but I don't add much else. As E15 gets here, I'll be adding some Lucas stuff, I suppose.

I don't add anything to oil, though. I did once experiment with X1-R after Dale Walker started pushing it, but I think he only did so to make a few extra bucks.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Looks and sounds a lot like the claims made by Slick 50, back in the early '80s. The only difference is that instead of building up the irregularities with ceramic, Slick 50 used PTFE (generic Teflon). I tried some Slick 50 in each of my vehicles, saw absolutely no difference regarding any of their claims.

I can't say anything about RVS as I have never even heard of it, let alone used any. However, if someone wanted to donate the products (or the money to purchase them), I would use my van as a guinea pig. It's maintenance is well-documented, as well as overall operating costs, so a comparison would be easy.

Anyone feeling generous? Engine treatment is $60. Transmission treatment is $70. Power steering treatment is $30. I see no mention of treatment for a differential. My van is AWD, so there are TWO.

When Slick50 came out, I did an oil change on my CB350 Honda. Being young and dumb, I reasoned that if a quart in the crankcase would be good, then nothing but Slick50 in the crankcase would be better. Filled the case with it, started the bike, let out the clutch and it would not move an inch. Clutch disks slipped and spun and I went nowhere. LOL I think the moral is don't put slick 50 in anything with a wet clutch. eh eh
          Last edited by earlfor; 06-17-2019, 02:42 PM.
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
            Sounds like "snake oil".

A classic US product. Been sold for 150 years. A triumph of marketing over engineering.

Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
            Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
            Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

As Richard posted, SNAKE OIL !!
              My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

The biggest question, that I did not see answered on the sight, is if it is wet clutch compatible. As Earl brought up, it can be catastrophic if it isn't. I would use it, if I was confident it would not kill my clutch... I use Slick-50 in my cars. Average of every 3rd oil change. Hasn't done any damage. I have an 02 BMW with 170k, and the '99 Chrysler I sold last year has 265k (yes, 265,000 miles) and still runs like a top. Don't know if it is because of the additive, or not. But I use it...

Again, show me it won't hurt my clutch, I'll use it...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                X