X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^Ughhhhhhh!

Holy cow, Redman!

We are more fragile as we get older...

Glad you got RNs running around coaching you...Physical Therapists, are they?

Heal up, buddy!

Ed

P.S. I went to the beach today and do water exercises for my TKR (Total Knee Replacements-both). I see these young kids sliding around on the shore with skinny boards and think to myself, I'd break lots of bones if I did those flips.
    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 08-18-2019, 06:00 PM.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I would think a good alternate exercise would be to drink your beer left handed...

Glad you’re getting better Dave.
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        I have an xray of my clavicle break too.
        I remember seeing xrays of a Moto GP racer. He got the deluxe treatment; a metal brace with screws so he could race right away, and so it would heal just as it was.
        Made me feel so ghetto poor…
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

An other milestone in my recovery is evidenced here:

Having a round of disc golf with my son and family is certainly one thing of some return to previous activitys.
          But the other thing is: That was the first day I could put on a t-shirt ! !

Other part of my therapy today:
          Paddle-step walking bike out of garage and and then giving it a wash down.

Wash off the road grime from June 23rd (from when Tim twr rode it thru heaviest storm I have ever seen rode thru)
          DOing that this afternoon was very therapeutic.

Dont think I can hold off for all of the next 4 weeks.
          Two or two and half might just have to be good enough.
          Last edited by Redman; 08-19-2019, 05:59 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dont think I can hold off for all of the next 4 weeks.
            Two or two and half might just have to be good enough.
            And this is why I like you so much, Dave....

But be careful....
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Was discussing my exercises and my PT appoinments and orthopedic appoints with wife (Homecare RN) last night.
              She was saying that 3 months from June 22nd is September 22nd, which is almost 3 weeks from now.
              I was saying that, No, 12 weeks from June 22nd is September 14th, which is the end of next week.
              I said right now is 10 1/2 weeks, and I have full range of motion, and can do all the exercises, and have pretty much resumed all activity, and am doing stuff pretty much without regard for which arm am using, all without problems.

Wife said doctor said I cant ride until after September 22nd.

I said, this is the 10 and half week mark, am doing well.... and ....
              ..... AND ... and I have an AMA card

(She knows what A.M.A. means in her line of work, and she knows that is what I meant.)

In her profession AMA means : Against Medical Advise

Just rode out of town, then back into town to meet folks at coffee shop, then rode around town, back out of town and back home.
              On the road for about an hour (not counting time at coffee shop). Was great. No problem (other than new helmet being tight).

I thought a new helmet and a new jacket at the same time was too much for me, so I patched up the old jacket and left the new jacket in the closet.
              Did cut up the old helmet (well, 2 year old, that is new to me) so I would not be tempted to use it.

Friday maybe a longer ride.
              Last edited by Redman; 09-04-2019, 02:54 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Was discussing my exercises and my PT appoinments and orthopedic appoints with wife (Homecare RN) last night.
                She was saying that 3 months from June 22nd is September 22nd, which is almost 3 weeks from now.
                I was saying that, No, 12 weeks from June 22nd is September 14th, which is the end of next week.
                I said right now is 10 1/2 weeks, and I have full range of motion, and can do all the exercises, and have pretty much resumed all activity, and am doing stuff pretty much without regard for which arm am using, all without problems.

Wife said doctor said I cant ride until after September 22nd.

I said, this is the 10 and half week mark, am doing well.... and ....
                ..... AND ... and I have an AMA card

(She knows what A.M.A. means in her line of work, and she knows that is what I meant.)

In her profession AMA means : Against Medical Advise

Just rode out of town, then back into town to meet folks at coffee shop, then rode around town, back out of town and back home.
                On the road for about an hour (not counting time at coffee shop). Was great. No problem (other than new helmet being tight).

I thought a new helmet and a new jacket at the same time was too much for me, so I patched up the old jacket and left the new jacket in the closet.
                Did cut up the old helmet (well, 2 year old, that is new to me) so I would not be tempted to use it.

Friday maybe a longer ride.

WHAT are you riding ??
                Good to see you are getting better
                Currently in the Stable :
                2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Is 86 (cobbled with some 83-84 parts) Honda Shadow VT500.
                  Was obtained for wife to learn on (low seat height, and low end torque).

Comment

Good to see you back in the saddle Dave, even if AMA, even on a Honda.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Welcome back to the world Dave. I was up to Silver Beach Pizza last Saturday. Still not that close to you, but I'll get up that way one of these days, lol.
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Nice, glad you're back at it Dave
                        1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Congratulations Dave, felt good to be out I'm sure but how did the arm/shoulder feel?
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            . . . ...........how did the arm/shoulder feel?
                            was no problem.
                            Was not any stress-strain that exceeded what exercises I have been doing. Just normal riding was no problem, for the time I was out. Concern would be any unusual that, say, would have me having to hold up the bike, but even that would not be too much of a problem since I took the small bike. Other concern would be repeat injury.

oh, fooiey, just remembered a commitment for Friday.
                            and have other stuff going on Saturday, and Sunday, and Monday. So, maybe Tuesday, can get out for a 4 hour ride .... after last PT appointment.

Comment

oh, fooiey, just remembered a commitment for Friday.
                              and have other stuff going on Saturday, and Sunday, and Monday. So, maybe Tuesday, can get out for a 4 hour ride .... after last PT appointment.
                              LOL...Retirement....The busiest time of your life.

Glad you're doing well, Dave.
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I am very glad to see you healed up well, Dave! Best wishes for the final rehabilitation steps to "back to normal".
                                1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Working...
                                X