Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for throttle stop (cruise control) that clamp onto the grip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Oh, you might be "special", but you are not the first (nor last) I have done this for.
    So that's how it's gonna be, huh? Put me on a pedestal and then shoot me down in flames.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

No flames, just lots of company on that pedestal.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I was taught not to stare or laugh at 'special' people. They're just like the rest of us, they just have special needs.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

There's PLENTY of room on my short bus.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I guess the video I posted was too non-specific... ?

I did not straddle the bike while making the video -- I was standing next to it

Buy the damn thing -- it works !
            Currently in the Stable :
            2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
            1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
            - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

There is relatively low risk in buying it and seeing if it works. I say go for it. You can always resell it to somebody here.
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
                I guess the video I posted was too non-specific... ?

I did not straddle the bike while making the video -- I was standing next to it

Buy the damn thing -- it works !
                Your video helped me out. Thanks!
                Yes, I could see you were standing on the side. I'm sure the thumb lever operates easy enough in any position. If I decide to buy a throttle lock, the Vista is the easy choice.
                Right now I'm trying to find a tail bag that will hold enough stuff for a 3-4 day trip. Once I have that set up, I'll try out the bike with a lighter throttle return spring and see how my wrist feels. For whatever reason, my throttle hand seems to find it's way to the far inside of the grip, resting over the grips collar. Always been that way with me. With the Vista in the way I'm not sure if it'll work for me. I suppose I can get used to it.
                I appreciate the help.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
                  For whatever reason, my throttle hand seems to find it's way to the far inside of the grip, resting over the grips collar. Always been that way with me.
                  Same for me. I just use a hose clamp with the tail protruding mounted to the inside end of the grip. It gives you a couple of different options for holding the throttle open while your hand is open.
                  Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

I use these, have for years. Cheap and cheerful, combine with throttle rocker and Bob's your uncle.

1982 Katana 1100, 1997 HD Ultra Classic, 1996 Buell S2T, 2002 BMW K1200RS, 1969 Royal Enfield Interceptor Triton project
                    New project 1979 GS1000S
                    Recently sold 1979 Honda CBX1000

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Easy...get one of these...I have one on every bike and thew work brilliantly!

https://www.advdesigns.com/gocrthascrco.html
                      Yep. I have used these on the last five bikes I've owned. They work great and are super cheap.
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

I’ve added this to my GS650G today. I’m taking a 2,000 km ride with some friends in June. I’ll post if this thing made any difference.
                        IMG_2537.jpg
                        Last edited by Admiral Beez; 05-19-2023, 08:32 PM.
                        1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Just curious, Admiral...where are you traveling? East Coast?
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

My thumb and fore finger do two constant things, wrap around the grip and my pointing finger and middle finger work the front brakes. I have never felt the need for anything to help hold the throttle in place. I certainly would not get one of those cruise control thingys. I have tried them, but found them superfluous. We stopped selling them after a few customers set them too tight and crashed their bikes. One threatened to sue us, but didn't. Even "not guilty" can close a dealership down, in legal fees.

Comment

I've been using them for decades and they are magic on long trips.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

When using the Cramp Buster type paddles that wrap around the throttle grip I highly suggest mounting them on the inside, not the outside of the grip. On the outside they are just too difficult get clear of when you have to brake quickly. I found myself squeezing brake while holding throttle open only a couple of times before relocating the paddle. Works great on the inside. Indispensable for long Interstate legs.
                                Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                                X