No announcement yet.

Left for dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being a big fan of spoked wheels, all i can say is nice work mating the GS parts with the aftermarket rims.
    I have a Sun 3.5" x18" on the '79 CBX and a 150 BT45 tire works well.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

wire wheel test (8).jpg

Are your rims polished? I'm thinking it would look better than the anodized finish now.... Just not into trying to get the anodize off.

Comment

Mine a light gold anodized although they look grey in the pic.
        I agree the polished would look great.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I love the way your CBX looks with the 6 into 6 setup. I remember when they were available years ago, I almost got a set for my CBX....but I was too cheap and already had a stainless Supertrap setup... What are those front calipers off of?
          Also...how do you get your pictures to come out so big.....I can not get pics big, like I did when I first started to post?

Comment

The PipeMasters 6-6 are still available but i think they are now $2200.00. That is nuts.
            I got lucky on this used set for a grand. They do nothing for performance but they look great and sound amazing.

The front calipers are Pro-Link and the rotors are CBR F3 i think. Fuzzy memory. Lots of experimenting with spacers and brake pads.

Not sure about photo sizing. Mine are on Photobucket and when i transfer them over here they are automatically sized to these dimensions.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I just won a battle for a 78 gas tank..... One of my biggest concerns for this bike, as I did not want to use ANY other year or model tank.
              I was getting to the point of seriously considering buying an entire bike to get a tank.....
              Also soda blasted my engine, and pulled the bottom cover off to check out internals a bit. The thing is SPOTLESS inside....it's been a very good day

Attached Files
              Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2015, 07:54 AM.

Comment

No turning back now.....

Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2015, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Post deleted.
                  Last edited by 83GS1100E_Tornado; 11-05-2015, 03:30 PM.
                  Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                  87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                  99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                  15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Well... the key word was considered.
                    Luckily for me, someone else stripped apart a seemingly perfectly good bike, because they could get more money out of it that way...something I have never done.
                    There are those who see a bike needing some work, and see only $$$ in the parts
                    There are those who see a bike needing some work, and see more in it than the value of it's parts......Give it a new life, the bike then adding smiles to those who ride it again.
                    As long as those two opinions work together, everyone smiles in the end....

I see skunk tanks regularly also...but they are still being used on the bike.
                    Or full of holes like mine.
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-12-2015, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Donate that one with holes to me. I will GLADLY recondition it. To me throwing one out is like not eating the last bite of a great cheesecake..WRONG!!!!!
                      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Not thrown out, but hung up on the wall.....might be more incentive to save it in 15/20 more years....
                        Kinda looks cool as moto/art right now.

Comment

Fix it now..may not last that long...LOL. Ever you want me to give it a go just say the word and PM me.
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Post deleted.
                            Last edited by 83GS1100E_Tornado; 11-05-2015, 03:31 PM.
                            Current stable:

Comment

Post deleted.
                              Last edited by 83GS1100E_Tornado; 11-05-2015, 03:31 PM.
                              Current stable:

Comment

Gee whiz - Chuck, Tornado; you guys need to quit sh*tting up a pretty cool build thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X