No announcement yet.

Names for our machines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Suzi-Q" Short for Suzi-Quick. Though at the moment she's gettin an overhaul.

"We will rebuild her better than before."
    I was in to the 6 million dollar man as a kid.

Comment

I have called my bike so many names like %$#@&*!!..............and *%$#!!@# but the two names that stuck are Michael (Short for "Mental Michael Motorcycle")This name originated after I let a friend of mine try the bike after a few mods. He got off it said "That thing is F......ng mental!" The other name was given to me by a friend at the dragstrip he calls it "the bottle rocket" for obvious reasons

Comment

Originally posted by skip[
        I have called my bike so many names like %$#@&*!!..............and *%$#!!@# but the two names that stuck are Michael (Short for "Mental Michael Motorcycle")This name originated after I let a friend of mine try the bike after a few mods. He got off it said "That thing is F......ng mental!" The other name was given to me by a friend at the dragstrip he calls it "the bottle rocket" for obvious reasons
        This month im calling it the oil leak.

Comment

Did I ever tell you my brother in law calls his 84 GS1150EF 'godzuki' because he is a little guy he refers to it as a cross between a MC and godzilla.

Comment

mine is the "frickin' b***ch" because she is so cold hearted and temperamental and is mean to my husband :twisted: if he doesn't treat her nice
            but we love her and keep her anyways because she is like a member of my family like my 15 year old kitty cat
            she may be somewhat geriartric but we still love her

Comment

Since i bought my bike last fall its name has been "The Stubborn Beast" cause the damn thing just won't run right no matter what i do. So far last summer i put in a new head gasket and carb boots, did a major carb job on it twice, had to drill and tap a broken header bolt, and helacoil a stripped spark plug hole. To top it off my buddy dropped the tank while helping me one day and then my other friends dad knocked it over with the semi!!!!!!!!!!! Its comming back together finally so hopefully by spring it has a new name.

Comment

Name

I call my gsx1100 '83/84? "Drag-on" . Because it just keeps dragging on to the next corner. And "Dragon" without the"-" is a fire spitting, bulky dinosaur kind of beast, just like mine.

Comment

During the winter months,I can call both of my bikes,
                  Cold and Dusty
                  Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                  2000 Kawasaki Concours
                  Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by Motomedic
                    Other good dirtbike names: Conan, Mufasa(a big old CR500 that you could hear 2 valleys over), BB (Bone Breaker). Many guys just called their bike after an ex wife or girlfriend so they could cuss at them!
                    A buddy of mine called my '82 IT250 "The Blue Death" :twisted: after he discovered how quickly the power came on and promptly crashed it. He was used to his PE175, which had a little more of a linear powerband. 8)
                    Kevin
                    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

All vehicles that I have owned had names. Some I named, some my wife named. Here they are:
                      1981SuzukiGSL850 -- Nick
                      1972Datsun510 -- Sparky
                      1977VWSirrocco(?) -- The Bomber
                      1973ToyotaLandcruiser -- Grunt
                      1990DodgeShadowESTurbo -- Bone
                      1990JeepWrangler -- Tonto
                      1988FordF250 -- Wilbur
                      Whatever pops yer cork, know what I'm sayin.....

Comment

My two riding buddies named my 79 gs1000 “old school” they both have SV 650s.

Comment

Name for bikes

The 850G is referred to as "The Mistress". Seems as though I spend more time with "her" than my bride. (Not true really) And the 1100G has been called several things when not running well, but none of them have stuck thankfully. Most often referred to as the "1100".
                          Bob Young
                          GS850G/GS1100G

Comment

My nephew (FOMOGO on here) has named my GS1100GKZ "Suzibago". I kinda' like it (the name, that is... I LOVE the GK!)

Comment

My GS650glz is commonly refered to by myself as my '$20 motorcycle'. As in what do you think about my '$20 motorcycle'? Usually responded to by "no blanking way". No really I paid $20 for it. It only had 6300 miles on it and It was being riden after two hours of work. Boy did that guy feel like an idiot when I came back for the backrest for the bike he found in the attic a few months later. I really felt like I should give him several hundred dollars more. NOT.

Comment

My wife calls mine the mistress. Says I spend more time and money on it than on her.

Comment

Working...
                                X