Clear All

My bike just told me her name is Izzy.

Comment

The 1100 is called "Da Beast".

Hap

Comment

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My bike is known as White Lightning!

Two reasons, due to my motor and V&H competition baffle........the boys use to say when you here thunder and there is not a cloud in the sky: it must be white lightning coming.

Also if you don't treat her with respect she will bite you like a bad moonshine experience.

8) 8)

Andre

Comment

I affectionately call mine "The Pig" short for "half a ton of pig iron" as a mate affectionately calls all "Jap" bikes. The name sorta stuck.
          At the moment it needs a bit of work so it indeed handles and runs like the proverbial cochon!

cheers Katana

Comment

The Geezer, or GeeSer.

Comment

I've decided to call her "Spicy II". My Toyota truck is bright red and my GF named her Spicy so seeing my bike is maroon and my other vehicle I settled on Spicy II.

Mark

Comment

Well, I'm a bit of an aircraft nut as well and when I look at my GS1000 I can't help being reminded of an old Republic P-47 Thunderbolt.
                Big, heavy and unwieldy, BUT also fast and as tough as nails.

So I christened mine "The Jug" (short for "The Juggernaut")

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Gaech
                  Well, I'm a bit of an aircraft nut as well and when I look at my GS1000 I can't help being reminded of an old Republic P-47 Thunderbolt.
                  Big, heavy and unwieldy, BUT also fast and as tough as nails.

So I christened mine "The Jug" (short for "The Juggernaut")

Pat
                  My dad was on the assembly line for the thunderbolt when he worked at republic for a while during the war.

Comment

My bike hasn't told me its name yet... or its sex, for that matter. Given that I get along so well with it, it damn sure isn't a woman.
                    ---
                    Update: OK, she (yeah, *she*) told me her name last night whilst I was fixing her broken left foreleg:

Concorde.

No, not the airplane. Think Python.

Comment

Names for our machines

I call mine a few names.
                      Most of the time I call it Suzooka, probably because of the V&H pipe and the shorty glasspack on it, cause it get`s a real nice bark going when you roll it on. Also Got Speed for GS.

Comment

My dad was on the assembly line for the thunderbolt when he worked at republic for a while during the war.
                        That's really cool, Slopoke. I'm a bit of a WWII airplane nut, and I love the T-bolt. It's funny I read that the GS (especially the 550) is a very tough engine, but it could take tough lessons from the T-bolt, flying guys home with two and three cylinders shot off. Got any cool stories passed down?

Comment

We had a dog named "girl." I suggested to mom (this was about 15 years or more ago) that we call her "Love" ... because, ain't Love a bit.., well, you get the idea. The dog was "Girl" until the day she died.

In college I had a black and blue Volkswagon Beatle. Old friends and I still talk about the "Bruise" and all the fun we had in him. Another friend had a VW sedan of some sort; when he bought the car, "Clair" had been neatly painted on the back fender area.

Now that I'm old, and boring, I have "The Mini Van" and my wife has "The Murano." "The Taurus" is hardly ever driven. Up until two years ago we had "The Little Black Car" (a 1990 Nissan Sentra), which has been the most creative name in a while.

The GS850 will probably simply be "The Bike." Which, I guess, is an upgrade from the name my wife gave it during a long period of inactivity: "That Eyesore You Have Pushed Up Against The Wall."

Comment

I call my GS850G "Trusty Rusty". Living on the coast has not been easy for this ole gal. But she always comes back for more each spring after I fiddle with it all winter.

Mike

Comment

My friend thought I should call it Laverne because the L on the side cover looks like the L on Laverne's sweater. I cracked up, somehow it kinda fits.

Comment

name game

My Harley buddies originally named my bike Mad Max...and I always thought that was a bit too cliche', but still kind of cool. 8) The name stuck for a while..."Hey, are you takin' Mad Max" sounds better than, say, Sally (apologies if your bike's named Sally)
                                Then, one fatefull night in Puerto Rico, after a wreck in which I almost killed myself evading the local constabulary, one of my buddies said "Hey, Mad Max was a cop". So, in an attempt to cheer me up while my punctured lung was slowly filling with blood, he then said..."Lets call it "The Toecutter". (Toecutter was Max Rocketansky's nemesis in the original film, in case you've been living under a greasy box of old GS parts for the last 20 years)
                                ...after you rebuild it!
                                That was the first...and the last time I laughed for a few days...

So...Toecutter it is. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                                X