No announcement yet.

Names for our machines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guys at work gave the 78 GS750E the nick name 'Hardly-a-Davidson' and the name seems to have stuck no matter how much I try to scrub it off.

Brian

Comment

My wife just calls them the bikes and points out to everyone that they are growing. "There are seven of them out there now."

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mdole
        My wife just calls them the bikes and points out to everyone that they are growing. "There are seven of them out there now."

Mike
        I like your signature Mike

Comment

My rides name

Solitude.....Got me through 2 child births. Wife did much of the work, as I did putting the ride together. Now I have 3 family members to take for a ride. They all love it too. So I have to ride all the time to make all family members happy. This is the life I ordered. THANK-YOU bike goddess out there where ever You are ............and gsresource...and members

Comment

Originally posted by miniengine
            The guys at work gave the 78 GS750E the nick name 'Hardly-a-Davidson' and the name seems to have stuck no matter how much I try to scrub it off.

Brian
            I think that is a good name like in the statement: "It's Hardly a Davidson, I ride it to rallies instead of carrying it on a trailer."

Mike

Comment

Just plain ole' SUZI..... :twisted:

Comment

When my son Deavin was 4 he named my 82 1100G "Big Bear". After the Dodge blue & white paint job my my wife calls it "ViperG". Not sure why she left the G on! Hmmm..... 8O

My beautiful Ducati 907ie I call "Rosa" because of her curves. But don't tell my wife.

The 82 KatanaSZ is known as Kitty-Kat. :twisted:

Comment

Past names: Yamadog (xs650), Honda(GL500),shadow(VT500),PacificCoast(PC800),Har ley(FLHT),Kaw(ZX600R),GoldWing(GL1500),400(CM400T) ,VFR(VFR800fi). Presently my 82GS1100GK was a the suzook, but now I also have a 80GS850G. Two suzooks now. I call the big one the 1100 or GK. The 850 is the 850, money pit would would also be a good name for the 850. Not very orignal names. They all have been "the bike" for the most part. I have loved them all.

Comment

I love riding and I love my bike[s] when I'm on them...yet, I've never personalized one with a name...I'm also kinda' slob about keeping them shiny...I've got other short-comings, but, I don't want to put ya'all off on me all at once...

Comment

Originally posted by lartross
                      I love riding and I love my bike[s] when I'm on them...yet, I've never personalized one with a name...I'm also kinda' slob about keeping them shiny...I've got other short-comings, but, I don't want to put ya'all off on me all at once...
                      I'm the same way I would much rather be riding than cleaning so my bikes usually look it.

Mike

Comment

Not everything I own has had a name, but there were a few:

85 GS550EF = Suzzy Kai
                        Can Am 250 MX4 = C*nt Am (sorry)
                        63 Ford 4*4 = Stormtrooper (Ted Nugent fan)
                        82 5.0 = The Brown Rocket
                        YZ 490 = Zed (like Lead with a Z)

But my all time favorite was my friends 69 Kawasaki Mach III = Satan...

In my group of friends, everyone else named your machine, thus I have ownership of -0- in the names of my rigs, but I did help name Satan!

Kenny

Comment

I bought my '80 gs 400 from my bro, he named it Mad-Max, with the whole mel gibson aspect to it. He said that it HAS to keep that name if i were to buy it, so i bought it. But just between us, i think im gonna call it Linus. :twisted: 8)

Comment

I have a '81 CB750 that I was working on before I acquired my GS450, and after spending so much time and effort on them (and usually in secret from my parent's prying eyes) my brother started calling them "Fat Man" and "Little Boy" (Fat Man obviously being the much larger 750). These are the names of the big nuclear bombs developed in secrecy used to end World War II. Kind of creepy you're probably thinking but my brother (twin brother actually) and I are big history/war/technology buffs.

Little Boy obviously being the later, smaller, technically optimized and more efficient weapon. 8)

-Andy

Comment

Welllllllllll, I kinda nicknamed mine "Lil Suzi", but I see others had the same idea or close to it. The thought struck me when I got my title back after putting it in my name, and it said "81 Suzi". Just stuck in my head. So I'm not original, but she's always been "Lil Suzi".

Comment

I call mine 1100ed. I think that name has a special ring to it. Its not the least pretentious as some of the names other give to thier bikes. HMMMM how about the 1100 love machine? Or maybe my hot 1100ed.

Comment

Working...
                                X