Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hit and run at speed on the Pacific Coast highway, GS1150Ez, 3/16/2023.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Because there is more to the story imo.....like he might have had some more responsibility in the accident to share than he's letting on....would be my guess
    Ya I would agree, and this from another post "She should be charged with attempted murder." his reaction "Normally, I would agree.​"
    He is all over the place.

Comment

So she was upset with the way you were riding?
      He was using her road and she didn't like it.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Let me try to resolve this by stating that if she had not come back I would have pushed for the full weight of the law.

If Y'all can't figure it out from there then I guess you won't.

Comment

I don't know you, but I was still very sorry to see this, and I'm glad you're going to be OK.

I was hit in 2011 by a left-turning triple-fake phone poker with no license. She was driving her Mom's car, who only had the state minimum insurance. I collected a broken leg, wrist, and ankle. For reasons I'll never understand, she didn't even collect a citation.

To her credit, she was horrified at what she had done and did not try to leave the scene. She did try to change her story, but fortunately a witness stepped forward. (Again, no citation whatsoever...)

Anyway, yeah, I get it. You have to forgive to let it go. I mean really forgive. Put it behind you for real, spit the poison out instead of holding it in. You've got better things to do with your life and energy.

Never mind the forum tough guy bozos agitating. You did the right thing.

Now deer, I don't forgive... &^%$ deer. "Eat more venison" stems from an incident in 2013... 'nuff said.

And also, gear works. In my incidents, everyone who saw the accidents or treated me was beyond astonished at how well helmets, armor, pants, boots, and gloves work.

This is hardcore black t-shirt and bandanna country, so a rider in proper gear around here is a truly rare and special sight. The first responders are used to motorcycle accidents resulting in more of a mop-and-bucket sort of response, with a "meat crayon" and closed casket sort of result. A fully conscious wrecked rider who's not dripping fluids everywhere is unusual indeed in these parts.

Now, if we could just perfect that Iron Man style suit, maybe we could do away with broken bones...
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Thank you for understanding. You are right, with Johnny Law Dog satisfied and the insurance paid out, I'm focusing on healing and moving on. I hate to see my bike go but I promised those that care for me I'd cut this lifestyle out and relax.

Comment

Originally posted by craz1 View Post

Ya I would agree, and this from another post "She should be charged with attempted murder." his reaction "Normally, I would agree.​"
              He is all over the place.
              It's not being "all over the place" simply because you don't understand. Yes, I was partially culpable in the eyes of the law as were all of us, including the logging truck: we were ALL exceeding the posted speed limit of 50 MPH. The pack was doing 60 ish and I was doing 65 according to the tracker onboard. I knew lying to a cop is a crime and I wanted EMS to understand the dynamics of the wreck so I WAS HONEST. I told them the TRUTH. They asked how fast I was going and I told them.

I rode for 50 years and NEVER got a ticket.

Lying to a cop is never a good idea and it is in fact a crime.

I hope that clarifies the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by KG0WX View Post

It's not being "all over the place" simply because you don't understand. Yes, I was partially culpable in the eyes of the law as were all of us, including the logging truck: we were ALL exceeding the posted speed limit of 50 MPH. The pack was doing 60 ish and I was doing 65 according to the tracker onboard. I knew lying to a cop is a crime and I wanted EMS to understand the dynamics of the wreck so I WAS HONEST. I told them the TRUTH. They asked how fast I was going and I told them.

I rode for 50 years and NEVER got a ticket.

Lying to a cop is never a good idea and it is in fact a crime.

I hope that clarifies the situation.
                It's not a crime here.....when I had my accident where the guy ran a stop sign and hit me....when police asked him what happened he said he stopped at his sign....the cops told me this in the hospital....I said "he's lying"...she said they knew he was lying (And video proved that)...but that it was not a crime to lie to police and that people did it all the time. He got charged for running the stop sign and for "undue care and attention of a motor vehicle. But nothing for lying.
                It's not like people are in court under oath
                No signature

Comment

If the road contained only drivers with a motorcycle endorsement, I'd ride again.

Comment

It's not a crime here.....when I had my accident where the guy ran a stop sign and hit me....when police asked him what happened he said he stopped at his sign....the cops told me this in the hospital....I said "he's lying"...she said they knew he was lying (And video proved that)...but that it was not a crime to lie to police and that people did it all the time. He got charged for running the stop sign and for "undue care and attention of a motor vehicle. But nothing for lying.
                    It's not like people are in court under oath
                    What a bunch of pussies !...... If someone gets hurt " Undue Care and Attention " is almost always upgraded to " Dangerous Driving " .......
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

What a bunch of pussies !...... If someone gets hurt " Undue Care and Attention " is almost always upgraded to " Dangerous Driving " .......
                      Maybe in Canada but not in the US

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

Lol...yeah I wasn't very impressed but that was all the Crown went after
                        No signature

Comment

What an amazing story.
                          The shoes coming off bit especially. Few can imagine the forces at work in a spill but here you have it.
                          If all our ATGATT stories were compiled ... there is a bestseller there for sure.
                          The poison metaphor made me smile. Forgiveness is such a powerful decision for all parties. It separates the human from the system with far reaching transcendent effects.
                          In spite of much of what we say about insurance, they too recognise truth and want to move on.
                          The Law is in the mix and they do what they have to, but, compared to decisions by the central actors to return and forgive, it is a sideshow.
                          97 R1100R
                          Previous
                          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Well put Sir!

Just sold the bike.

Comment

Working...
                            X