Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me more of this BMW silliness. I've never had a negative encounter with a beemer pilot but I've heard that it exists.
    Like to know more.
    Suzuki GS550; Kawasaki H-1E, GPz900; Honda MT250, CB400F, CB550, GL500, CBR929.

Comment

You meet the nicest people on a Honda.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I have only met a few but they seem cold and aloof in their over priced clothes and equipment.
        Actually stopped to help a guy on onne dem fancy paris dakar bikes way back when and he was a total C word type of guy. I suppose all behaviors and fashions in the extreme are absurd and worthy of ridicule.

Nice vis out there somewhere of a guy explaining the differences tween a KLR 650 and the de riguer BMW equal. The ultimate part of the vid was when the guy kicked his klr over on its side. Funny and unfair.

Comment

Snotty then, but not the same kind of snotty as the do-rag herd?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Canary View Post
            harley power.
            One winter day I walked into a hydraulic shop to purchase cooler fittings. Being looked after by the counterman was an old chimp in a harley jacket. As I was waiting at the counter, he looked at me, gave a sniff and moved a couple of feet down the counter. He was obviously buddies with the employee because when the clerk finally paid attention to me, before I could fully explain what I was looking for, he told me that they didn't have it and to go elsewhere.
            By now the wife was getting used to this kind of retardation but I couldn't myself figure out how they'd known that I was a jap rider.
            Then the wife reminded me that I was wearing my Honda wing hat.
            And no, I've never experienced anything remotely like like this with:
            Wingers
            Beemers
            sportbikes
            any other bike
            All good examples of azzhole harley rider behavior. Get no argument from me, they are easily some of the worst. An like all posers they don't even know how commercial and confirming they are. A lot of the vintage guys that ride Hudsons and Indians dismiss Harleys as dentist bikes for the masses.

My buddie in CO has a Dyna and we went to the dealer for some part. If I remember right it was on a weekend and the place was packed. It was obvious to me that they liked hanging out way more than actually riding.

All that being true it is also true that Harley builds a very nice machine. Many criticize it for being far too expensive for what it is. I have no problem with that criticism.

Looks are fairly subjective. Some guys like the B-King or V-max. To me the Road King is a good looking bike. It functions well and has a good feel. Many would say it is slow steering and slow especially for how much it costs. Again, can't argue with either of those comments.

I'm not saying anyone should go out and kiss a poser Harley owner. The South Park episode about idiots with loud Harleys is funny because its true. But the bikes themselves are another issue and from my side are pretty good bikes.

Comment

It was one of those days I wish I was able to get a picture......
              I saw 2 guys on Harleys practicing their rugged individualism by riding EXACTLY the same bikes..........
              And both were dressed the same as well.....denim and leather as if it was needed to be asked.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

A machine can't ever be anything more than just a machine. As with anything that involves homo(sort of)sapiens, it's human ignorance that causes problems.

Comment

I'm on my way back to Victoria from being at the vintage in the valley show. I get to the ferry and as a motorcycle you are instructed to go to the front of the line. So I do this and pull in behind the 7 or 8 bikes that got there before me. Next this husband and wife on two Harleys pull up and of course don't park behind me but go to the front and cut in in front of everyone. Obnoxious. So of course he is going to get to board first now. I watch him while we are waiting to load and he takes his helmet off and ties it to his backrest and puts on a ball cap. Now I know bc ferries will not let you board without your helmet on . So we get called to board and he get to the boat and a deck hand stops him and tells him to get his helmet on. He yells are you kidding and th guy says put it on or turn around its the law! Lol.. So this arrogant pri@k has to stop, get off his bike to put the helmet on. I took this opportunity to go around the pirate parade in board first. karma at its best!
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                    No the engineering is what makes them bad.
                    Sadly several other manus are now into mystique BS for marketing their bikes.
                    Ducati and Moto Guzzi are two as is Triumph.
                    Selling a lifestyle for folks who cannot choose their own wardrobe.
                    Watch a Bud Lite commercial.
                    sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Canary View Post
                      Tell me more of this BMW silliness. I've never had a negative encounter with a beemer pilot but I've heard that it exists.
                      Like to know more.
                      I've owned three BMW bikes: 1986 K100RS, 1987 K100RT, and a 1983 R65. All good bikes that I bought for under $2000 and sold for more than I paid for them. They handled and ran well. Parts can be expensive. I still consider myself a nice guy with no pretenses. Some BMW riders are cliquey but in a gentleman way I suppose to non BMW riders. I've ridden thousands of miles on four different Harley models. It reminds me of why I never thought they were worth it nor wanting to buy one. Some Harley riders can be cliquey but in a douchebag sort of way. Hope this helps.
                      I ride a vStrom 650 now because it's the best all around bike I've owned out of forty some odd bikes. I'll ride with anyone who wants to ride with me. Any make or model as long as they don't go too slow.
                      Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2015, 07:56 AM.

Comment

I am on a BMW forum as well. I post lots of pics of my old Suzukis on there and get absolutely nothing but positive feed back from the other forum members. They love seeing the old bikes. But here, I get some flack over my "over priced euro trash ego machine" from certain members. Wouldn't happen there. For what it's worth.
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          I am on a BMW forum as well. I post lots of pics of my old Suzukis on there and get absolutely nothing but positive feed back from the other forum members. They love seeing the old bikes. But here, I get some flack over my "over priced euro trash ego machine" from certain members. Wouldn't happen there. For what it's worth.
                          Well you do kind of have that ego trip thing going on... just sayin.
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2015, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecklund View Post
                            Well you do kind of have that ego trip thing going on... just sayin.
                            How so?...
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              How so?...
                              Sorry, you seem to me to be a very level headed fellow and anything but an ego maniac.

I thought it was funny to poke at you about Jeep's line about the K1300 being a bike for a guy with an ego trip.

I don't remember seeing a post of yours that was selfish or petty. In my mind saying you were about your ego was just funny as it was ridiculous. Obviously that sentiment didn't make it through the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecklund View Post
                                Sorry, you seem to me to be a very level headed fellow and anything but an ego maniac.

I thought it was funny to poke at you about Jeep's line about the K1300 being a bike for a guy with an ego trip.

I don't remember seeing a post of yours that was selfish or petty. In my mind saying you were about your ego was just funny as it was ridiculous. Obviously that sentiment didn't make it through the post.
                                Lol...I guess that you see I'm insecure now though. Thank you Ecklund, I feel the same way about you.
                                Cheers
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X