No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning, northbound on Hwy 101 in Sunnyvale. Spotted a blue GS. It had the tank from a '80/81 GS750 or 1100, but the tailpiece was wrong. Same color, but the style from the '80 GS1000. Turns out it was the 1000, with the wrong tank.

Rider was going slow. 50ish in a 65. He/she was either in distress, or nervous. I slowed down to see if he might need help, but he passed on by. Hope he's okay.

Comment

I drove a buddy of mine to his co-worker's place today... he just bought a Jeep from him, and was going to pick it up.

We showed up at the guy's place, went out back to get the Jeep, and the guy's neighbor has a Kawa 250 something in the driveway next to the 1980 GS 450L he's wrenching on.

I say "I recognize that bike..."

He just bought it a few weeks ago, and is having a little trouble with the choke, and the gearshift is leaking a bit too.

I told him I knew a hundred folks who could put a motorcycle together out of a pile of pieces, so hopefully we'll be seeing Chuck around here soon.
      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

kerrfunk recruit

And here I am!

Comment

Sunday april 18 2010, Gilreeath's store near Suches Georgia. Looked like a late 70's gs. Didn't get a chance to talk much, he later passed me on hwy60.

Comment

MN GSer

Who was riding a Blu/Wht GS700ES up Snelling avenue past the fair grounds around 4 this afternoon ?
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Stoped at a gas station just off hwy 26 between Portland and Beaverton. There was a fellow just leaveing on a GS 425. Looked pretty good.
              V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

850gl in Mullen, NE 9 this morning. Circled to look it over but gone up Highway 2 by the time the old truck made it around the block.

Comment

Black 1100E 1980

Black 1980 1100E In renton wa on sunset got a few seconds of conversation in between green lights. Nice V&H 4-1 smoked the **** out of my 750. Did not get a chance to ask him if he was on the boards here or not

Comment

There's a 750 on my route to work i see every morning near Main St. It has deer antlers above the headlight.

Comment

Yesterday, THursday 6pm.
                      North Of Holland Mich.
                      US-31 North.
                      On side of road.
                      80(?) GS850GL. Black.
                      Looked all stock, fairly clean.
                      Guy standing there, helmet on the ground.

He said "it just died, buddy going for a new battery."
                      I checked a few things with multimeter.
                      Yep, battery flat dead, 1.5 volts. (wow, that is dead.)
                      Connections from fuses to battery seemed okay.

TO make the story shorter:
                      Showed him a few things about the stator and R/R wiring.
                      Gave him a GSR card.
                      Suggest that, after put in new battery, first thing need to do is check charging system (see if headlight brightens when rev engine from idle). If not charging, need pull headlight fuse and head back home.

TOld him to look me up on GSR, I could help troubleshoot further next week.

Would have stayed longer, but was already late for something at home.

Oh, he is original owner.

Hey, you find us here ?
                      Should have though to put my phone number on the card.

Last edited by Redman; 05-21-2010, 04:19 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

gs1000l Lakewood wa.

Was going down steilacoom blvd. around noon a guy with gs1000l with a full size fairing passed me, We waved and i did not have a chance to talk to him.

Comment

Stopped at my local Ace Hardware store Saturday to pick up a couple metric bolts for the GK and as I was walking in, a GS550L comes rolling in the parking lot. I caught up with a nice young man inside the store and we got to talking. I told him about this site so maybe he'll show up. He got the bike for free and got it running pretty well.
                          Larry D
                          1980 GS450S
                          1981 GS450S
                          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Elkhart, Indiana, Monday, May 24, 2010. East side of State Highway 33, just south of 20.

Nice blue and white Wes Cooley GS1000 parked at what looked like a small insurance office.

Howdy!
                            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Yesterday around 7:00pm, going eastbound on US 50 in Addyston, OH, I was passing a couple of bikes. One was a Goldwing, the other was a grey and black GS750L.

Comment

Another GS in Newark

Saw a blue GS450T riding down Martin Luther King Blvd yesterday as i was walking to class. He parked very close to the edge of my campus so i may not be the only GS rider at my school.
                                The bike looked pretty nice but the paint was a little faded. I didn't get a chance to speak to him as I was already late for class but I'll keep an eye out for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X