GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the schwartz View Post
    I was leaving work and got to "the motorcycle parking spot" outside the lincoln tunnel (a median without any no-parking signs) when i noticed a distinctive red tank and emblem and saw a fellow standing near a GS. "78?" I asked, and he said, "no, good eye though! 77"

So this is John. He's had his 77 GS750 for about a 1 1/2 years (same time I got my 850). He didn't know about our little crew here but I got his email address and sent him some links and hopefully he'll post up here soon to introduce himself. I gather that he'll want to do some work on his ride soon and will be glad to have the support.

~a
    Good of you to chat with a fellow GSer, and recruit him.
    Thanks for posting picture. (but, ah, only need to be about half that size)

I dont think I have ever seen that many bikes covered in a parking lot for the day. What do you think? Dusty Dirty? Predicted rain? THeft/vandal detrerent?

I see what looks like GS wheel on bike, under cover, just behind him. That yours?

Last edited by Redman; 11-14-2012, 07:56 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Good of you to chat with a fellow GSer, and recruit him.
      Thanks for posting picture. (but, ah, only need to be about half that size)

I dont think I have ever seen that many bikes covered in a parking lot for the day. What do you think? Dusty Dirty? Predicted rain? THeft/vandal detrerent?

I see what looks like GS wheel on bike, under cover, just behind him. That yours?

haha yeah i know, that's the resolution my phone shoots in. sorry it's huge.

it's not really a lot, it's just a median strip where people stash their bikes. (finding legal parking anywhere near midtown is impossible - it's all commercial only during the day)
      so a lot of the bikes there are actually parked maybe for days or weeks or even the winter. others are just there for the day, like mine.

not sure about the other bike, and i've been riding my v-strom recently as the 850 is for sale and the 1000 in pieces

Comment

Originally posted by the schwartz View Post
        Maybe dropbox has some features for storing pic to a certain size, or has feature to select what size to provide with the IMG code.

THanks for the map link. I bumped the mouse and ended up inside the tunnel somehow.

Ah, so some bikes parked ther for more that just the day. (Thanks for explaining that to this mid-west country boy.)

Yah, that first bike undercover; what can see of wheel looks like GS to me -- maybe, maybe not.

Last edited by Redman; 11-14-2012, 10:41 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

sticky?

pl;ez sticky this thred

Comment

Saw this gem in the Municipal Parking lot at the train station in Kenosha. Anybody here?

sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
            1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

1985 gs1150e

well went to Pawtucket RHONDE ISLAND yesterday to buy some mikuni rs36 and i saw this real nice red and black gs1150e .its on ebay for sale now only thing i saw was it had no battery and the back caliper was locked up he said he was going to fix it .good deal for someone i have no more room in my garge

Comment

that yellow is righteous! It would match my Hi-Viz Roadcrafter

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                My good buddy called me a few days ago and said he picked up a GS for a very fair price. FREE! A thoughtful friend we know from our community gave it to him. 82' 1100GK
                The fella had just painted it, unfortunately a little too yellow but its a decent job. Nice side luggage and matching trunk all in nice shape. Freshly cleaned carbs and tune, fork seals, new tires, new Slipstreamer on the front. A little rougher up close than it looks in the pics, but absolutely turn key. We did an 85 mile loop out to the PA. border and back, both bikes running nicely. Only incident to report is at about 75mph one of his side covers blew off and flew into the grassy ditch. His rubbers are split but we recovered the undamaged side cover.
                The YELLOW is a bit loud for his (and most poeples) taste, he started talking about flat blacking the whole bike, engine, body, tank, luggage. I not so tactfully told him it would look like a total piece of crap and he agreed it would look totally featureless and show little detail or have much appeal so he is gonna do black luggage boxes and some body striping of some sort. Whew! tragedy averted! Its his bike tho, he will do as he wants in the end.
                Great ride, Frank is a good friend. We will now doubt be riding till the snow flies.

Comment

If you were the GS rider I saw crossing the bridge on Fort Henry Drive in Kingsport, TN this morning about 7:15, I give you ALOT of credit! It was 21 degrees at the bank and there were icy spots on the road. I hope you made it to your destination safely.
                  Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                  '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                  '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                  '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

saw this bad boy parked on "my" one-of-the-only-safe-parking-spots blocks in midtown manhattan earlier this week.

not sure i can place it. the single front disc paired with the cast wheel is confusing me right off the bat.

Comment

I'm working in Los Angeles for a couple weeks. Had to run over to LAX to pick up some parts. Westbound Century Fwy (I-105) about 1:15 pm.... I was in Lane 3, Suzy GS-something came scootin' down the diamond lane.

Passed me before I could ID the model and/or year, but sure looked like early 80's either 850 or 1000.
                      Never did catch up...you were tooling right along. We both got off at northbound Sepulveda at LAX

One of us?

Comment

At my local gas station I saw this 85 gsxr 400, super rare! I spoke with the guy and discovered that he has several older bikes...RZ's,Rd's Ducati's etc. I know it's not a GS but I think you can appreciate it.
                        No signature

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                          [IMG][/IMG]
                          I saw this last year at the Alvin Home Depot down here in Texas.

Beautiful bike, these pictures don't do it justice! I looked all over, this bike was spotless, flawless restoration. I could not find the owner... as I was on the clock I couldn't hang around and wait for him.
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

You taunt me with images of that impeccable GT. I love 2 strokes. GT 750 is on my list of cycles to own before i die.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I saw a clean blue smaller GS (a 550 I think...) with PA plates today on my way to work.

Comment

Saw this little guy at a show in Ardingly in the UK. Purple framed 550:

Greetings
                                Richard
                                sigpic
                                GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                                GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                                GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                                GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                                Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                                Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Working...
                                X