Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
    Great news, Greg!

It'll be magical to see all of you, but it's been an age or more since I've gotten the full "in the flesh" Robin Dean® patented skin-to-skin experience.
    Here's hoping Mr. Dean doesn't let you down.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Won't be able to make it this time. Things happening. Maybe next year.
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Looks like there will be plenty of food and entertainment in Farmington!

And.......the "way too early" weather forecast looks great!

So......who is gonna be there?
        Ron
        When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
        1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
        1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
        1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
        1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Who's gonna be there?

Only the best people you want to spend time riding with.
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

I am SO READY for this rally after missing BC. See yas all there.
            sigpic
            2020 R1250 GSA - 2008 CBR600RR
            My exes:

2018 Goldwing - 2017 CRF250L - 2016 VFR1200X
            2009 SFV650 Gladius - 2016 Caponord Rally - 2018 K1600 GTL - 2017 Trophy SE
            2015 Versys 650LT - 2010 R1200RT - 2009 R1200GSA - 2004 R1100S - 2001 R1200C Euro
            2002 883R - 1975 CB550 - 1994 Shadow 1100 - 1985 Elite 80

Comment

Yeah, weather forecast looks great for the whole trip. I choose to believe it when it's in my favor Will be great to see everyone.

The Blues, Booze, and BBQ thing didn't interest me until I saw cornhole. It's less than 2 miles from the hotel!

From the thread it looks like attendees will be:
              alke46
              1978GS750E
              bwringer
              Neil
              Robin
              me
              Last edited by gbw; 09-12-2022, 09:25 AM.
              Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
              Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Still need to hear from Wazz, Tim, and oramac (Rodney), past regulars.
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

I know Gtem (he's local to me) isn't going to make it, nor are Tim or Wazz. I'm pretty sure Rodney is not going to make it; his summer is ridiculously full.

I'm planning on showing up Wednesday with my wife Marge and my FJ-09 on a trailer, and we'll find interesting things to do Wednesday and at least the first part of Thursday. We may have to depart on Saturday; not sure on that.

Any other early birds?

Any suggestions for local activities?
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

"The Blues, Booze, and BBQ thing didn't interest me until I saw cornhole."

Greg, that's just wrong!

I'm planning on riding there and arriving late Wednesday afternoon around 4-5'ish. (An extra day on Missouri sweepers is always a good thing!)
                    Ron
                    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                    1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                    1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Yeah; regretfully, I'll not be there this year. It was my intent, but life is very busy right now. I've been riding so little that I've actually contemplated *gulp* selling the bike. I don't like seeing anything mechanical sit this long, and in my experience, the mechanical things don't particularly like it either. I will still follow this thread with interest!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oramac View Post
                        I will still follow this thread with interest!
                        Well...don't expect many pictures. We'll be too busy riding fast and shifting a lot to stop for scenery. I anticipate that most pictures will be of motorcycles at gas stations.

BTW...Robin Dean arrived at my place this evening. We'll be headed out bright and early tomorrow morning after the obligatory stop at Waffle House.

Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Small update...

My wife and I arrived Wednesday; we'll spend part of Thursday exploring in the van and I hope to get out for a few hours of riding Thursday afternoon.

Ron and Larry also arrived Wednesday.

Can't wait to see the rest of the gang!

The weather is glorious.
                          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Wish I could make it down and ride with ya'll again, but with the new job and a 1 year old baby, wife says no.

Have a great time, last year was a lot of fun. Let us know who has to wrench on their bike since I won't be down there this year LOL!
                            83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

I was the last one to leave this morning and I landed in Harrison, Arkansas around 3:00.
                              Had to make the obligatory Walmart stop for needed items and now I think I will take a short ride out on the Suzuki.
                              Nice seeing those who were in attendance and hopefully you all will chime in that you made it home safe and sound.
                              Until we meet again........
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Robin and I arrived in Murfreesboro about an hour ago. Today was just another in 4-day string of awesome riding days with good company. Lots of joviality and good stories to tell.

I'll post a before/after picture of my rear tire later. Needless to say, I was right. That thing had plenty of tread for the ride home. I'll probably take a couple more good local rides on it before I'm forced to replace it. All the skeptics that said I'd never make it are a bunch of worry warts.

Oh, Ron...by the way, thank you for the new route across the Mississippi. It's my new favorite. So much better than spending the extra time in Illinois.

And, as always, thank you Brian for leading some great rides.

And finally, thanks to Nardy, Baatfam, JonR, Wazz, and everyone else connected with scouting these amazing routes. There just aren't enough days to do them all. We'll need to extend this to a 3 day rally.

Comment

Working...
                                X