2023 Brown County, Indiana GS Rally - June 8-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 Brown County, Indiana GS Rally - June 8-11

Greetings, gentlecreatures of supreme velocity and exquisite taste!

This year's designated dates of delight, delectation, derring-do, and demure debauchery are:

arrive
    Thursday, June 8, 2023
    depart
    Sunday, June 11, 2023

Based, as ever, at the palatial Rosemount Motel in bucolic Bedford, Indiana. Which is actually two counties away from Brown County, in Lawrence County, but never mind all that, we're keeping the name...

As is tradition (or what passes for tradition in these parts), this is the weekend preceding Father's Day. This seems to work pretty well, although anything you plan in June seems to collide with weddings and their aftermath.

As ever, please do not call or pester the Rosemount -- I'll be managing the rooming list as usual, and will get in touch with past attendees via email soon. If you're new-ish, and/or coming from some far land, mention that here or get in touch with me. My email is brian@bwringer.com

If your email has changed since last year, please let me know.

I believe there's still a pretty high demand for rooms in the area due to a nearby large construction project, so if you prefer other lodgings, make your arrangements ASAP.

Woooohooooooooo!
    Last edited by bwringer; 01-31-2023, 06:53 PM.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Will keep an eye out for your email. Got out for a couple hundred miles yesterday. But looking forward to some longer trips and more twisty roads.
    Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

I usually use the Brown County Rally as a springboard to start my summer vacation ride. However, this year I'll be using it as a landing pad.

I'll be swinging by the Rally on my way home from my western loop vacation ride.
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I'm in ! ! ! Will be riding slower this year (LOL). Bought C90 last fall. My brother in-law will be joining us as well.
        Don't kid yourselves. I still have the Rocket, and she still runs strong. My brother in-law rides a 750 Shadow, and I can't leave him in the dust all weekend, now can I?
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Here we go again...

On the calendar
          Dogma
          --
          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
          '80 GS850 GLT
          '80 GS1000 GT
          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

On my calendar.

Thanks for the notice Brian.

Brian, Sunday is the 11th (not 12th)

Note for anybody: Fathers Day is the next weekend Sunday the 18th

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks, Dave... ya caught me copying and pasting last year's stuff. Fixerated!
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I’m in as usual
                sigpic
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I will be there.
                  '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

I need to get out of Michigan and ride some different roads.
                    Will be bringing my G on a trailer ready for play.

PnOskz5.jpg
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Looks like a few first-timers. Welcome.
                      If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Don't see any Midwest tradeshows at that time yet this year..... oh well fingers crossed something will come up!
                        1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I will be there and believe Alex will be joining me again.
                          1982 Suzuki GS450TXZ
                          1985 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom DL650

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                            Don't see any Midwest tradeshows at that time yet this year..... oh well fingers crossed something will come up!
                            If you can find a show in Nashville, you're welcome to my spare bike. Ride up and back with me.
                            Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                            Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Count me in. Now, should I ride the FZ1 or the Goldwing?.....hmmmm.
                              Current Bikes:
                              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                              X