2023 Brown County, Indiana GS Rally - June 8-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbw View Post

If you can find a show in Nashville, you're welcome to my spare bike. Ride up and back with me.
    Thanks mate, offer is much appreciated! I'll see what I can find...
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Brendon, Steve G. and Red(?) throwing in for this year. Will have a new GS in tow
      1982 Suzuki GS650G - "Blackbird"
      sigpic
      Progressive Fork Springs; Gas piggyback shocks; Electrosport Stator; Dyna 3 Ohm Coils; Shindengen SH775 Series Regulator/Rectifier; Avon Road-Rider Tires; Salty Monk Front Brake Mod [CBR Aftermarket Rotors, Concours Calipers / Master Cylinder]; Steel brake lines
      [Much Love to my wrenching Jedis: TheCafeKid, Steve, Dogma; without you, Bird's awesomeness would remain unrealized.]
      http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...psef4f3ca6.jpg

Comment

Just sent out the traditional massive email to see who plans to be here this year!

If you didn't get the email, and you think you should have, check your spam filter. If that doesn't do the trick, email me at brian@bwringer.com . That also applies if you've changed your email, or never given it to me.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I'm in! Looking forward to it. Once again, I haven't been riding nearly as much as I'd like, so it's about time to go wobble around Southern Indiana!
          sigpic

Comment

Just FYI, the rooming list is full.

If you didn't get in quickly enough and want a room at the Rosemount, don't despair; jobs, life, motorcycles, people, etc. inevitably get in the way and there are always a few cancellations.

If you'd like to be on the waiting list, just let me know via email: brian@bwringer.com

People who can commit to staying all three nights will have priority. If your plans are uncertain or your time is limited, there are four chain hotels nearby in Bedford, Indiana, a few other independents, and even a few romantic BnBs, AirBnBs... You're obviously welcome to show up and hang around at the Rosemount no matter where you're staying. We're not organized enough to keep anyone out.
            Last edited by bwringer; 03-21-2023, 10:16 AM.
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

The sad irony is that last year, when I first heard of the existence of this gathering practically in my backyard, I had FOUR GS bikes: a GS750E that I had sold just a few weeks before learning of this ride, I had just taken the forks apart on my 1100E and was waiting on some parts, and the two shaft drive bikes (650G 1100G) were nowhere close to being rideable yet.

A year later, All but one GS are gone, and the GS1100E will likely be sold as well by June. I will do my best to attend, likely just for a day trip down with the Bandit on a trailer unless a room opens up.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting more of you guys in person!
              Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
              Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Just a note: if any of you lone wolf types might be willing to move into a room with two beds and save a few bucks, let me know. (If you've already indicated that you're flexible, thank you -- I've been able to accommodate more riders this way.) I'll check with both parties before making any moves to make sure you know each other and are comfortable.

If you're apt to thunderous snoring, night shrieking, nude sleepwalking, laundering underwear in the sink, etc. then, uh, never mind.

Also, if anyone's plans change, please let me know ASAP; there is a small waiting list. And if you'd like to get on that waiting list, just let me know. Things always change, ya know.
                Eat more venison.

Comment

Originally posted by gtem View Post
                  The sad irony is that last year, when I first heard of the existence of this gathering practically in my backyard, I had FOUR GS bikes: a GS750E that I had sold just a few weeks before learning of this ride, I had just taken the forks apart on my 1100E and was waiting on some parts, and the two shaft drive bikes (650G 1100G) were nowhere close to being rideable yet.

A year later, All but one GS are gone, and the GS1100E will likely be sold as well by June. I will do my best to attend, likely just for a day trip down with the Bandit on a trailer unless a room opens up.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting more of you guys in person!
                  You absolutely DO NOT have to be on a GS for this rally. This really is more about the riding, and camaraderie of riding.
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I appreciate that Spyder and I get that, looking at the photos it looks like many long time GSR forum members have moved on to other makes/models of machines and come back. I just think it'd be ironic if after all this GS-wrenching, I may end up not even showing up on a GS for the rally. Well, the Bandit is a GSF1200 at least
                    Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
                    Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

I hope there's gonna be some women folk attending, wives & girlfriends.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        My wife will be there, at least for a night or two.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                          Based on pictures I have seen of previous events, there are usually a few in attendance.
                          If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

I'm hoping to bring my lady. Not a rider, but used to wrench heads. She would be more comfortable with other women around.
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

"Not a rider." Does that mean she doesn't 'passenger' either? Just curious, because there is usually a vehicle or two there with more than two wheels. Might be a new experience for her.
                              If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Not a rider, my designated pick up the pieces after crash partner.

Comment

Working...
                                X