Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

let me recommend Bowman Brothers Small Batch
    Thanks for the suggestion Bob! I'll definitely pick some up for the trip.
    Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
      Will try to make that lunch appointment in Danville. I assume it is Thursday afternoon at 1pm EDT ?
      Yep, 1:00 EDT at the Mayberry Cafe in Danville, IN. Watch the time change if you're on Central time.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Have fun guys! I'll look forward to the pictures. Still looking to get back for this rally hopefully next year.
        Bob
        Current:
        2008 BMW R1200RT
        Past History:1971 Honda CB350; 1972 Bonneville
        1979 Suzuki GS550E
        1979 Suzuki GS850G
        1980 Suzuki GS850G
        1983 Suzuki GS1100E
        2006 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
        2004 BMW R1150 RT
        2009 Triumph Bonneville SE

Comment

Originally posted by indybob View Post
          Have fun guys! I'll look forward to the pictures. Still looking to get back for this rally hopefully next year.
          Bob
          would be great to see you Bob. But, if I were you, I'd just head west on 67 for a while and spend the next 4 days getting lost in the Mountains.

I've never ridden out your way, but I bet it's motorcycle nirvana.
          Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

I will be there is spirit. Looking forward to pics & stories. Have fun, all. Keep an eye on Dave (redman).

June 16-17-18. Jedz, I, and maybe some others are going to have our own mini rally at a campground near the PA Grand Canyon.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Greetings and salutations.

Long time since I've attended the Brown County GS Rally, much less any GS Rally for that matter, and that unfortunately does not appear to be changing this year. Despite my desire to show up, I just have too much on my plate this time of year. However, I would like to extend the offer of assistance, if anyone passing through my area experiences trouble to/from Rally HQ. I'm about 140-miles from Bedford IN, in Southwest Ohio, Northwest of Cincinnati. I have a small basement workshop, tools, truck, trailer, some minor GS mechanical experience, and general motorcycle knowledge.

If you're anywhere in Ohio or Eastward, you're likely passing through my turf.

I'm not likely to come TO the wonderful town of Bedford to rescue you (I think you would have better options via those who are there), nor am I likely to transport you home to Pennsylvania, but.... I know the value of having contacts along the way, and I could potentially help you out of a jam depending on the situation. I also know that sometimes situations dictate a greater urgency for help, and there is nothing worse than being helpless, hopeless, with no fix in sight.

I'm not a particularly social individual and the older I get, the more I value my privacy (get off my lawn!), however.... Brian/BWringer has my contact info, and if you know me from years/decades passed, the contact information you have for me is probably still valid. Ha!

∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
              13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
              PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

Packed and ready to go. Will be camping tonight in WV. See you hosers tomorrow!!

Packed and ready for Bedford.jpg
                '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Looks like a BUNCH of first-timers this year.

Would be nice to meet y'all.
                  If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                    Packed and ready to go. Will be camping tonight in WV. See you hosers tomorrow!!

Packed and ready for Bedford.jpg

Niiiiiiiice!

Ya know, I don't think we've had a visit from a Duck before. Darn near everthing else, and there were years where this happening was in danger of becoming a Triumph thing.

It'll be great to finally meet you, Rich!
                    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Also, if I remember correctly. Jay likes cash over the "Big City" cards. I think it saves him money and hassle.
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Morning all. The Bandit is packed and waiting on a phone call from Steve and Bonita. The GS is looking a bit sad and lonely; hopefully I'll get it running before the summer is out IF the shop will let me.

Packed and Ready to Go by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post

would be great to see you Bob. But, if I were you, I'd just head west on 67 for a while and spend the next 4 days getting lost in the Mountains.

I've never ridden out your way, but I bet it's motorcycle nirvana.
                          Hey Greg! It is beautiful out here. You are certainly welcome anytime. We have plenty of room. Enjoy the rally.
                          Bob
                          Current:
                          2008 BMW R1200RT
                          Past History:1971 Honda CB350; 1972 Bonneville
                          1979 Suzuki GS550E
                          1979 Suzuki GS850G
                          1980 Suzuki GS850G
                          1983 Suzuki GS1100E
                          2006 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
                          2004 BMW R1150 RT
                          2009 Triumph Bonneville SE

Comment

Pics later

but here are two (that have stories)

3929EE5A-BD5F-4594-AC7B-7AD381153AE5.jpg

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

BC549C05-A5CA-4EBE-91EA-CCBDE3A584A3.jpgDifferent bike, different story,……Discussing the progress…….

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

We had an unscheduled "tire repair 101 class" hosted by Greg. And he looks so very happy doing it!
                                Ron
                                When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                                1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                                1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                                1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                                1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Working...
                                X