Cafe Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allie View Post
    I do like that bike, it looks like a decent job with a good eye for balance. All it needs is a stoplight, turn signals, and a license plate holder to be perfect.
    It's hard to see, but they are all there....look behind the bevel drive hub- you'll see the curved plate holder.....look voer the rear shock top- there's the brake and a turn signal...and the front turn siganls are just centered with the headlight bracket bolt.....I had to look rather hard to see them since they blend in so well.

Comment

Originally posted by chucksuki View Post
      That being said, there is a hatred for L's here on the forum that is a country mile wide
      I gathered that to an extent...but not as bad as some towards cafe bikes. Shouldn't be in either extent- imho.{but what do I know}

Comment

Now, if the above bike was mine- I wish- I'd loose the front fender for a matched wheel fenderless look - and I'd have a rise on the seat foam to back into like some cafe bikes have. I, however, don't own said bike, do like it as stands, and the owner can do whatever he/she likes with their bike.

Kudos for the red ring around the headlight ...nice subtle touch of color!

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
          It's hard to see, but they are all there....look behind the bevel drive hub- you'll see the curved plate holder.....look voer the rear shock top- there's the brake and a turn signal...and the front turn siganls are just centered with the headlight bracket bolt.....I had to look rather hard to see them since they blend in so well.
          Oh I saw them, they don't count . Well it's not my bike so it's not a problem lol.
          "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

"Don't count"?...lol...uhm, ok.
            Me, I like to be seen. Might be why I painted my H-2 HoK hot pink shimmer'in....I was young then and wanted a statement- I got it.
            Now a days I'd settle for running lights in my turn signals but those oem GS thru tubes are so dang tiny, ID wise....unless I swap to a different turn signal type that allows 3 wire or two thru plus grounded post.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words on my bike. The lights are all there...

I will be redoing the seat this winter. I initially wanted to keep it open to be able to ride 2 up, but have since decided to keep it solo seater and instead look for a 250 or so for the wife when she's ready. Or get another, bigger, bike for the 2 of us.

Some other modifications will be done this winter too. I don't want to take it off the road for too long during the riding season. Its just too much damn fun to ride. Planning on cutting down the front fender some too. I did make a small change and put the stock airbox back on... its painted to match and looks pretty sharp. New side covers this winter when I do electrical work to clean up the electronics under the seat.

Comment

Oooh, nice scallops on the tank...didn't see those from the side view. Still kind of chuckling about the gators on the rear shocks- I'm jusy used to those on the fronts of my old Hondas is all- don't mind me.

Comment

Mario,

The bike colors look nice but a cannot imagine the seat and handlebars are usable for any length of time without serious discomfort. Am I mistaken in that thinking ?

Comment

Rear shocks in picture are what the bike came with. I actually just recently replaced them with a set of Sportster take offs with only 5 miles on them. They are all chrome, though, which I will be painting in the winter.

Regarding the comfort, with the rearsets, the bike is VERY comfortable. It feels right the way it is. This is not a cross country cruiser by any means, though. Not anymore at least. I'd likely get something like Jedz's Connie for something like that.

Comment

That seat looks a heck of a lot more comfy than a lot of modern sport bike seats.
                      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                      X