Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doby View Post
    Five years ago next month I went through the same thing as Tom. It was the most excruciating thing I have ever experienced and I almost died just from the shock caused by the pain. I lost 85 pounds in a few short months - down to about 125...

Hang in there, Tom. My prayers are with you and I sincerely hope you will make a full recovery, as I have. I thought my riding days were over but they weren't.
    I sure can't say anything more. I hope Tom reads your words Doby.
    Glad you beat it. Praying for you Tom.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Went to see Tom on Saturday, had a great visit. Picked up some really great parts for my next project. Looking forward to doing some riding with you Tom later this summer. Remember I'am only a phone call away if you need anything. Stay strong God bless see you again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
        Went to see Tom on Saturday
        Did the Doctor's make a decision as to when to do the surgery?
        I almost called yesterday, in fact.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
          Went to see Tom on Saturday, had a great visit. Picked up some really great parts for my next project. Looking forward to doing some riding with you Tom later this summer. Remember I'am only a phone call away if you need anything. Stay strong God bless see you again soon.
          Mitch, you left out the best part. About me chucking breakfast out by the wall near my jeep. I ended up in the hospital later in the day. Nausea, vomiting, and fever. Can't take any chances with my immune system out of whack. Turned out I was only dehydrated. After a liter of saline I was feeling much better.

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
          Did the Doctor's make a decision as to when to do the surgery?
          I almost called yesterday, in fact.

Eric
          No surgery. Make that call and I'll explain.

Comment

Well, it's been a good long while since anyone posted here. I guess it's time to catch you all up. It was never my intention to chronicle my health challenge. This thread had a life of it's own for a while.

Somewhere back in March I started a second round of chemotherapy. It continues as I write. Doctor's found that there was a slight increase in the size of my tumor, and blood tests showed progression as well. We all knew it wouldn't stay dormant forever.

My best hope is that the tumor remains localized. As long as it doesn't spread to other organs I have a fighting chance to stay alive. But my life will be a continuous battle with on-again off-again treatment. I have learned to live with it.

The treatment has been very demanding, both physically and mentally. Side affects are brutal. And sometimes I get so damned tired of it all.

But I can't quit. I won't give up. I recall speaking with a cancer patient who was getting his own infusion in the next chair. He said to me he was just waiting to die. I don't want to be that guy. There is absolutely no value in negative thinking.

I hope you don't mind if I share some of my dreary news. It helps me to shed some of that negative. Whether you read this or not, thank you.

Thank you.

Comment

Tom,

I for one have been concerned for you, but in a spirit of respect for your privacy and uncertainty of how to be supportive, I have been reluctant to post anything. Keep in touch with us.

Charlie G
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I am so sorry to hear you are still having to go through the trials and tribulations of having to deal with this horrible disease. I'm not a praying man but I keep trying to put out good thoughts for you and all my other friends with medical or emotional challenges.

Having recovered from heart bypass surgery myself but knowing the heart disease, diabetes and high BP still have their clutches on me I sort of know the feeling of something hanging over my head. Like you, I can see no value in giving in to it and just keep chugging away each day, enjoying all I can.

Friends of mine, locally, too are suffering and a good buddy was just recently diagnosed with a nasty form of lymphoma. Luckily there has been no spreading as yet and his tumor was successfully removed. Like you too he is not giving in to it and as positive motivation to get beyond it, he went out this week and bough a new Yammie 1100 cruiser and all new gear. He hasn't ridden in 15 or 20 years and it was great to see him back in the saddle and a wee bit funny too as he was rdiing like William H. Macy in "Wild Hoggs". Not quite bouncing off curbs but wobbling along and getting the odd jerky start and stop. Its all good and we are planning on burning a lot of rubber this season.

It is important to get things off you chest as I well know so please don't hesitate to let us have it when you need to.

Continued good luck fighting this bastard. I'm pulling for you my friend.

Happy Independence Day !

spyug

Comment

Tom, Just know that we are here for you and will support you in whatever way we can. Charlie, those were very thoughtful words buddy.
                  Here's hoping you feel up to joining the PNW Rally.

Keep the faith Tom,
                  Steve

Comment

Hi Tom,
                    Been wondering about you also.
                    ....Yeah, all the stuff the members said, and more!....

Doing any healthfood stuff?
                    MSM powder, found at the feed store, makes your body alkiline.
                    It's said that cancer loves to thrive in an acidic state in your body.
                    MSM (they say) fixes that...

Might want to check on that and some other things, like 1tsp baking soda and 3tsp maple sugar in an 8oz glass of water is supposed to be another "natural cure", I hear... Please don't think I'm an air head. Reasearch it.
                    What if it were true? Doesn't cost as much; and the medical field does not want us to use this stuff. Guess it would put Big Farm out of business...

Love, hugs and prayers,
                    pmint

Comment

Originally posted by pmint patti View Post
                      Hi Tom,

Might want to check on that and some other things, like 1tsp baking soda and 3tsp maple sugar in an 8oz glass of water is supposed to be another "natural cure", I hear... Please don't think I'm an air head. Reasearch it.
                      What if it were true? Doesn't cost as much; and the medical field does not want us to use this stuff. Guess it would put Big Farm out of business...

Love, hugs and prayers,
                      pmint
                      Well since he's throwing(stuff) out there I will too. Look up Dr Burzynski on the net. Very interesting stuff. There is a documentary out about him. VERY INTERESTING http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qG_ZWs04es that you can watch. We just want you well my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by pmint patti View Post
                        Hi Tom,

Love, hugs and prayers,

pmint
                        Thanks Patti. I'll ask my wife about the health tips. She's my expert. She's got me on some powdered stuff her sister sends from Japan. Also some natural herb remedy she found. Can't hurt, right? I'm also sprinkling saffron on most anything I eat. Saffron is supposed to be death on cancer cells. Yeah, we're doing our homework.

Patti, My mother and father are soon moving up to Prescott from Sun City. They've had enough of the heat down in the Valley of the Sun. As soon as they get settled in I'll be planning a vist. Maybe we can meet up for a hug.

Comment

Thanks all, for your support. I can use all the help I can get. Right now I'm just looking for some news from my Oncologist that all the struggle is worth it. Next blood test, and a CT scan are a few weeks away.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers will continue for you Tom.

Is the fund still up and running?

Comment

Tom got out on his red hot rod today with Mitch and I got these pics of them and their bikes! Tom is doing well and is handing light riding pretty well!

Comment

Good to see. Thanks for posting pics!
                                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                                X