No announcement yet.

Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've reached a milestone of sorts, and so I thought to share with you. Two years ago in mid July I began to have the first symtoms of something wrong. It was a constant acid indigestion, and after a few weeks I finally went to the doctor. We all thought it was maybe an ulcer. It took another few months, and lots of blood tests, scans and a biopsy until I was finally diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in October 2010. I share this now because I've been told that the survivability of pancreatic cancer is one year. Yet here I am, still fighting. Every day is a blessing, and I look forward to many more.

Comment

Keep the milestones coming, Pal ... positive energy continues to be sent your way! Glad you're doing well!!

Regards,

Comment

We hope to share some of those days with you Tom.......I know you will be diligent and keep up the fight.

Comment

Congratulations Tom...keep 'em coming.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

(Clapping)

Keep going Tom
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Proud of you Tom! Prayers keep coming.
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
                I've reached a milestone of sorts.
                That is friggin awesome !! My Mom is going on 7 years with terminal bone cancer. Keep fighting the fight Tom .
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Keep the Faith and dig deep. Hard work pays off and miracles happen every day... My sister beat a wicked ovarian cancer many years ago. Looking forward to news of your continued success!!!

Comment

Just thinking of you Tom. I don't visit here as often as I used to.
                    Just praying and hoping things are going well. Take care man.
                    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Wow Tom, those pics of you were quite inspiring!Z
                      Quite nice bikes I should also mention!
                      Kick it's butt, baby!!!
                      pmint

Comment

Lookin good Tom! Great to see you doing what you love.
                        EULC ON

Comment

And if his traffic fight against this disease wasn't enough to show what he is made of, back in July, when Tom was having another nasty bout with his cancer; doing chemo and putting up with all the crappy symptoms that come with it, he still came up to the hospital where I was flat on my back for a few weeks after my crash and visited. I could see how just the trip up there and the sitting with me for awhile was exhausting him, but all he saw was a fellow rider and friend who needed support and encouragement so there he was.

Thanks Tom, you are and always will be inspiring.

Comment

Keep pouring on that endurance!

I fully intend to hear many more words of wisdom from you Tom so you keep on fighting!
                            Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2012, 06:34 PM.

Comment

...................still praying... ......and,............... still believing.

Comment

I was thinking of Tom this evening while watching the world series and gave him a call during a commerical. Sure enough, as a loyal Giants fan he was watching the game as well. Let's all keep him (and the Giants) in our thoughts.

cg
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X