No announcement yet.

Friday afternoon safety meeting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good meeting last Friday....started out sunny then we had to move everything inside because of some rain...cozy

A buddy showed up on his 72 Kawa 750...the REAL Widow Maker!

Oreo on guard

No signature

Comment

We had a nice turn out yesterday

Nice colours in the front yard

No signature

Comment

Re last week's meeting:

That H2 Mach IV (Kaw 750) is a MAN'S bike. It could use a few 'safety' meetings!

I like those three teen boys hovering in the distance. Remember when we were them?
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          Re last week's meeting:

That H2 Mach IV (Kaw 750) is a MAN'S bike. It could use a few 'safety' meetings!

I like those three teen boys hovering in the distance. Remember when we were them?
          Yeah I didn't notice them when I took the pic but saw it when I posted here....pretty cool
          No signature

Comment

I remember looking at a new 750 Kaw that colour at the dealers when I was young. I just couldn't afford to buy it then, probably a good thing.
            1986 1150EF
            2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
              I remember looking at a new 750 Kaw that colour at the dealers when I was young. I just couldn't afford to buy it then, probably a good thing.
              My buddy paid close to $20,000 for this one a couple of months age. He just retired as a chief engineer at BC Ferries and I guess he decided to give himself a retirement gift.
              No signature

Comment

Yes. You could've been walking 'the streets of glory' right now if you had.

It's near impossible to impress on today's youngsters what an over powered beastie that Mach IV was in 1972. And Kawasaki was just getting started...
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I can't remember the price back then, Under $2k CDN I think. I was leaving smoke trails with my little GT250 at the time, I can't remember if I paid $650 or $850 for it brandy new, I think it was $850.
                  1986 1150EF
                  2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Brother in law in Nelson bought one new back then. Rode it a bit, sold it and has never been on a motorcycle since. That did it for him. I think he bought a 340 Dart after that.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post

Brother in law in Nelson bought one new back then. Rode it a bit, sold it and has never been on a motorcycle since. That did it for him. I think he bought a 340 Dart after that.
                      Lol...that's funny
                      No signature

Comment

I can't remember the price back then, Under $2k CDN I think. I was leaving smoke trails with my little GT250 at the time, I can't remember if I paid $650 or $850 for it brandy new, I think it was $850.
                        A 1972 Mach 4 was either $1200 or $1299 Canucklehead bucks . I can't remember exactly ..... My friend bought a water buffalo the same year and it was $1595 ......
                        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

I noticed the track decals on the VW Scirocco, but the Ridge decal is backwards & I see Laguna Seca next to it, but don't recognize the other tracks.

Back in 1986 my roommate & I drove a VW Dasher to Sunshine Village Alberta full of Sims Hi-bak snowboard bindings for the North American Snowboard Championship.
                          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                            I noticed the track decals on the VW Scirocco, but the Ridge decal is backwards & I see Laguna Seca next to it, but don't recognize the other tracks.

Back in 1986 my roommate & I drove a VW Dasher to Sunshine Village Alberta full of Sims Hi-bak snowboard bindings for the North American Snowboard Championship.
                            VW Dasher!!! Had one too. Man I hated that car. Couple of years after I gave to somebody I was doing some IT work down in our industrial park and watch a car crusher have it's way with it. That was a great day. LOL.
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post

VW Dasher!!! Had one too. Man I hated that car. Couple of years after I gave to somebody I was doing some IT work down in our industrial park and watch a car crusher have it's way with it. That was a great day. LOL.
                              Ha! Regardless it got us into the Canadian Provinces & we got to drink Molson & Labatts, before Micro brews showed up.
                              Don't really drink beer anymore, but the higher octane at the time was special. What was the hate all about?
                              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post

Ha! Regardless it got us into the Canadian Provinces & we got to drink Molson & Labatts, before Micro brews showed up.
                                Don't really drink beer anymore, but the higher octane at the time was special. What was the hate all about?
                                Mostly flaky wiring and melted contacts in the fuse panel. It was a bit of a beater though.

Comment

Working...
                                X