Friday afternoon safety meeting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpep View Post
    Vancouver Island would seem to have more vintage vehicle enthusiasts per capita than anywhere else on the planet. Except maybe Cuba?
    So communism works?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

So communism works?
      Holy crap, you could be on to something
      No signature

Comment

Lol that would be a good reason for me to move here.
        The first year I lived here I had 14 family members and friends come visit
        Never have I had a problem with family or friends coming to visit lol
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block
          B.C. is known as Bring Cash. Relatively decent climate brings in the retired from other places in Canada. The problem with the island is the inconvenient and highly priced ferries, plus you have to drive through the Vancouver area on top of that to get over there. We thought of moving to Qualicum Beach but I figured no one would ever visit us over there.
          Is that near Echo Beach or not so far away?
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

I've noticed that myself .... A quarter of the size of the UK and less than 900.000 people a large number of who are vintage motorcycle and car collectors ..... A fair number with deep pockets ..... I don't know what is in their air but it must be " vintage " oxygen ........
            Its the legacy of laxv weed laws.
            1983 GS 550 LD
            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block
              The weed laws are a bit of a problem. I'm afraid to move in case I end up living next a weeder and am stuck with the stench wafting over all the time. BBQ's I can deal with but not that. I don't care if someone smokes it, I just don't want to have to smell it.
              Lol....I don't think that would be a real issue...I smell it once in while here...no biggie....and I know one thing, I'd rather live beside a stoner than a drunk.
              No signature

Comment

What about the smell of fresh baked muffins? Or does that go over your heads too?
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                  What about the smell of fresh baked muffins? Or does that go over your heads too?
                  I was simply responding to Big block
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

I was simply responding to Big block
                    Jaysus!
                    1983 GS 550 LD
                    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post

Jaysus!
                      Love some Martha!
                      No signature

Comment

Had a special Safety Meeting yesterday....I brought in lots of food and booze for the occasion to celebrate my insurance case being over....my buddies were very supportive during my recovery and this was a way to thank them for that. Free food and booze is always a good hook with my buddies....lol

And we had a special guest Bevan Gore-Langdon a friend of mine with an amazing collection of over 30 bikes including a 1914 Indian and a 1938 Brough Superior. He's 87 years old and he played the piano for a living....some years ago while shopping for vinyl I found one of his albums and purchased it...and I got him to sign it. I love this man...he has so many stories and I could listen to him all night. Love going over to his house too.
                        What a fantastic night!

With Bevan is my friend John....he too is a bike collector with of 40 motorcycles in his collection lots of British stuff.....he's a retired pilot.

It was a dry day but a little cool but I have some hardcore riding buddies....

Kevin on his awesome 82 1100e

And of course Oreo was there looking for treats as always

My buddy Todd's cool ride, although I like is 1978 Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am ,,,,Todd owns a commercial sandblasting business and a motorcycle rental business, he's Ukrainian and does amazing work in the community since the war started and I was able to donate to his cause last night. He's been feeding refugees at the Ukrainian club. Good man

[/URL]

Last edited by trevor; 01-22-2023, 12:19 AM.
                        No signature

Comment

Wow !! I bet you could squeeze a keyboard in there somewhere......
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                            Wow !! I bet you could squeeze a keyboard in there somewhere......
                            Lol.....good idea!
                            No signature

Comment

The one jarring note is what appears to be Carl Fogarty on the telly in the background.
                              ---- Dave
                              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                                The one jarring note is what appears to be Carl Fogarty on the telly in the background.
                                Wow...I'm impressed! You are correct////I always play motorcycle related DVD's from my collection,,,on mute of course. This was the "100 Greatest moments at the TT Isle of Mann" DVD.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X