No announcement yet.

Friday afternoon safety meeting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One might start to get suspicious about the true nature of these so-called “safety meetings”

Happy New Year, Trevor.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

The things you have to do to get your buddies to come over to shovel snow. I bet you don't have a CBC Daybreak sweat shirt either. Happy New Year my friend.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
        The things you have to do to get your buddies to come over to shovel snow. I bet you don't have a CBC Daybreak sweat shirt either. Happy New Year my friend.
        Haha.....Happy New Year my friend! Snow is long gone here and I'm actually going dirt biking today with Rob (AZR) and a couple of other buddies.
        No signature

Comment

Another successful Friday Afternoon Safety Meeting!
          First one of 2023! Happy New Year.

No signature

Comment

Remember what I was saying about the eccentric collectors and collections on the Island? Well I got an invitation to see something very special in nearby Sooke.
            First an article about the man
            Ted Forbes collects and restores 1950s era automobiles and memorabilia

Among the cars Forbes is most proud of is his Canadian-only 1958 Pontiac Parisienne convertible and matching American-built 1958 Pontiac Bonneville convertible, which is awaiting restoration. Although both cars look alike, they are very different. The Parisienne was built in Canada on a Chevrolet platform, borrowing its frame and mechanical components from its sister car. The American Bonneville is larger because it is built on an Oldsmobile platform and is powered by a unique and much larger 371 cubic inch engine. Forbes’ rare example has factory tri-power carburetion. Ted Forbes bought his first car at the age of 14. Growing up on a farm in Souris, Manitoba, he loved machinery and cars specifically.

Last edited by trevor; 01-17-2023, 12:54 AM.
            No signature

Comment

Some more.....

=https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/t513/trevorf1/F8F02916-96FD-42B1-88B4-BC5AA34487DF.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bound s][/URL]
              No signature

Comment

So yours is not the only deluxe man cave in Canada.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                  So yours is not the only deluxe man cave in Canada.
                  Lol.....this guy's garage is on a way different level...
                  No signature

Comment

Those are probably the ugliest cars I've ever seen. I mean they're beautiful but hideous. And I used to drive an AMC Gremlin so I would know.
                    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I like that el train!
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                        Those are probably the ugliest cars I've ever seen. I mean they're beautiful but hideous. And I used to drive an AMC Gremlin so I would know.
                        Lol…agreed! Not my style at all… I liked the truck the most. But I can appreciate the cars for sure.
                        No signature

Comment

Vancouver Island would seem to have more vintage vehicle enthusiasts per capita than anywhere else on the planet. Except maybe Cuba?
                          Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                          80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Little snow no salt.
                            1983 GS 550 LD
                            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                              Vancouver Island would seem to have more vintage vehicle enthusiasts per capita than anywhere else on the planet. Except maybe Cuba?
                              I've noticed that myself .... A quarter of the size of the UK and less than 900.000 people a large number of who are vintage motorcycle and car collectors ..... A fair number with deep pockets ..... I don't know what is in their air but it must be " vintage " oxygen ........
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

I've noticed that myself .... A quarter of the size of the UK and less than 900.000 people a large number of who are vintage motorcycle and car collectors ..... A fair number with deep pockets ..... I don't know what is in their air but it must be " vintage " oxygen ........
                                I think the fact that we have so many people from other parts of Canada that end up retiring here because of the climate...we get guys with money (because we know it ain't cheap to live here) that were maybe collecting already, decide to up their game while here....and as Cipher says, no salt and rusting vehicles helps.....plus the island is for sure known to attract the weird....I mean I'm here....Lol
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X