No announcement yet.

No Nascar fans???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new change again for this week. I never knew why they started the 3 stage thing 7 yrs. ago, seemed they just wanted a little rest now and then. Today they aren't going to stop at the end of the stages, they'll just keep racing, like they us'ta do, but at the end of the lap where the stage would have been, they will give points to the top 10 cars... No clue why, just know it's changed this week... Very little interest in racing other than Nascar and Drags... Hope you enjoy the GP and maybe you'll kind'f enjoy the Nascar a little more being on the road course this week.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Not much excitement, most exciting was when Bubba Wallace entered a "U" turn waaay too fast and wrecked a few other drivers. The announcers kept say'in his brakes failed, he didn't even slow down... The replays show smoke coming off all his tires, brakes must have not failed... Keep hoping they would go back toward their roots... This kind of racing just ain't NASCAR... 2 wks. from now they are going to put dirt all over the complete Bristol track, ruining one of the best races of the yr.... If they want to dirt race why not go to a dirt track??? Duuuhhh.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

A NASCAR is racing in the 24 Hours of Lemans, and is putting awesome times. It is in a class ahead of the GT3 class and behind the LMP2.

Comment

I don't know what to expect from this 24 hr. thing .. Nascar has done some strange things in the past few yrs., I'm sure trying to get fans back, that their other changes have run away.... Changes include dirt racing, Fords, Chevys, & Toyotas all shaped the same, from 2 road courses to 6, even one on the streets of Chicago, not even on a track any more, mandating the springs and rear gear you are allowed to use, mandating 1 lug nut??? Where's this BS coming from???... Possibly why Bristol yus'ta have a 5 yr. waiting list for tickets, this yr., it looked like a practice, or qualifying day, appeared to be way less than 20% full.... I keep hoping someone will start a new series that's like Nascar yus'ta be.

Comment

Put some Moonshine in the trunk, take it to the private roads, and start all over again.

Comment

I realize little Nascar around here. BUT, did anybody see what Denny Hamlin did at Sonoma Sun. 6/11/23? One of the best veteran drivers out there, and he just misjudged where the concrete wall was and ran into it.. Nobody bumping, crowding, taking air off his spoiler, he just ran into the concrete wall, Took himself out but luckily didn't mess up anybody else's day. It's hard to imagine from this class of veteran driver. Also one of the most boring races I've seen, appx. 1 sec. or more between the cars, most of the time. Little passing or attempting to pass, probably why the stands seemed less than 10% full.... Wondering how long they can keep going, what seems to be, very backwards...

Comment

LeMans this year was incredible, truly history-making.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

For folks that understand it, probably a great race. Not familiar with it for sure, but it seems there are several classes of cars on the track at the same time, only each car is only racing against other cars in its own class, not cars not in its class.. I've not tried watching it but imagine I'd not know if a car was passing, or getting passed for position or just passing or getting passed by cars that really didn't matter as most cars wouldn't be in your class anyway.... Not exactly what I'm yus'ta watching and keeping up with... It'd be hard to imagine the four classes of Nascar, The Cup series, Truck series, Xfinity series, and Arca series all on the same track racing at the same time, but not really racing against the 75% of the cars out there as they wouldn't be in your class. . May be OK when you get use to it, but very strange till you did...I possibly may be leaning in that direction as Nascar seems to keep going backward. They changed things again this week. Instead of stopping at the end of the stages, that they came up with and instigated a few yrs back, they didn't stop. They decided to pick a lap, one appx. 1/3 way through and another appx 2/3 way through and the top 10 leaders of that particular lap won the top positions and points for that stage.

Comment

The NASCAR placed 10th in the GTE Class. That was due to a couple of mechanical failures. It started ahead of the GTE class as it's time around that class was the fastest. This being the teams first time out, it placed very well. This was the last year for the GTE Class, it being replaced with "I forget the name", new class. I only watch the 1st hour, middle hour, and the last hour. .

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                      They changed things again this week. Instead of stopping at the end of the stages, that they came up with and instigated a few yrs back, they didn't stop. They decided to pick a lap, one appx. 1/3 way through and another appx 2/3 way through and the top 10 leaders of that particular lap won the top positions and points for that stage.
                      And boy, did that change help make the race far more interesting. One of the best NASCAR races I've watched in years.
                      That whole stages thing was a big mistake, and turned me away for a long time. Give 'em the points and keep racing helped a bunch.

Anyway, it was a great track, and good racing.

But, but, but....Formula 1 this coming weekend. Montreal Grand Prix. The top, the pinnacle of racing. Enjoy!
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it more than usual Bob, it was just hard for me to find much excitement. rarely any side-by-side trying to pass, when cars are a sec. or so apart, there's just not much excitement. What did you think of Hamlen running into the inside wall, strange wasn't it? Yep, the stage thing always seemed to be a useless mess-up, this weekend better as they didn't stop, but the screwy points thing is still there. Years ago their point system was simple enough even I could keep up with it, today I can never keep up, seems you need to be a math wizard to figure it all out. Like you said, give 'em the points and keep racing, only give 'em the points at the end of the race, why points on a particular lap appx. 1/3 and 2/3 through, I've seen no benefit from the "stages"... Nascar finished 10th in the GTE class, that doesn't sound too good, tell me how many cars were in that GTE class & I can figure if they were near the front, rear, or middle of their particular race...

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                          For folks that understand it, probably a great race. Not familiar with it for sure, but it seems there are several classes of cars on the track at the same time, only each car is only racing against other cars in its own class, not cars not in its class.. I've not tried watching it but imagine I'd not know if a car was passing, or getting passed for position or just passing or getting passed by cars that really didn't matter as most cars wouldn't be in your class anyway.... Not exactly what I'm yus'ta watching and keeping up with... It'd be hard to imagine the four classes of Nascar, The Cup series, Truck series, Xfinity series, and Arca series all on the same track racing at the same time, but not really racing against the 75% of the cars out there as they wouldn't be in your class. . May be OK when you get use to it, but very strange till you did...I possibly may be leaning in that direction as Nascar seems to keep going backward. They changed things again this week. Instead of stopping at the end of the stages, that they came up with and instigated a few yrs back, they didn't stop. They decided to pick a lap, one appx. 1/3 way through and another appx 2/3 way through and the top 10 leaders of that particular lap won the top positions and points for that stage.
                          The history and significance of LeMans for R&D, and Ferrari's glorious return, make the race something special. I only watch bits here and there, first hour, last, but those cars-along with the old IMSA cars-were the ones that compelled my head and heart when I was growing up with a father who was a Porsche shop foreman.

A good overview of the significance of LeMans:
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

The Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus LLC is about 10 miles from me at a factory next to Danbury Airport. the cars they have sitting all around their shop are incredible.

Comment

Working...
                            X