No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been a year since we said goodbye to Max. We had no plans to get another pup... until we did..... Lily is the complete opposite of Max... and wonderful.

Lily by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I am saddened to report the death of my friend Buster, the epileptic goofball mountain dog that thought he was a lap dog. See previous post with 100 lbs of Buster trying to climb onto my lap. My brother-in-law said he fell after they returned from a walk so they thought he was having a seizure. After falling a second time he didn't get up again. The vet thinks it was a stroke. Buster was seven years old, which is average for his breed. He will be missed.

Jim
      1981 GS550T (Long gone)
      1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Comment

Jim, I'm sorry to hear about Buster
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

So Oreo is doing well but on my trip to California she was for sure out of sorts...my wife is always looking at dogs on the SPCA ...we had no plans of getting another dog until Oreo passes......buuuut....we saw this dog on their site that has been at the shelter for 2 month....he's 13 years old and obviously hard to adopt out...this dog could be Oreo's brother lol...the dog was surrendered by a guy that had no time for the dog...he blamed his young kids for the dog not being walked and given attention...it sounds like it wasn't nice for the dog.
          So we couldn't say know, we wanted to help and thought it might be good for Oreo to have companionship....my wife and I both work from home too....
          Now we are faced with the mortality of two old dogs, both 13....we must be crazy. I do think though we are doing a good thing for this dog....
          Introducing.....Soul

No signature

Comment

This story really cheered me up, just saw on the news a lot of the shelters over here and I guess over there too are full and struggling to cope, with the older animals difficult to re-home. Glad that there are good folks like you willing to take them on. Oreo and new friend look like they get along great, they look very happy,who said dogs can`t smile !. Wish we could take in another, but with 12 rescue cats, two rescue dogs and rescue Guinea Pigs, don`t have the space for more. Also two rescue GS750s !.
            "Betsy" 1978 CX500 ratbike
            1978 GS750
            1979 GS750 chop
            1979 GS550
            2003 GSF1200 K3 Bandit
            2000 Enfield Bullet 500
            1992 XV750 Virago
            2016 Harley 883 Iron

Comment

Originally posted by tomo View Post
              This story really cheered me up, just saw on the news a lot of the shelters over here and I guess over there too are full and struggling to cope, with the older animals difficult to re-home. Glad that there are good folks like you willing to take them on. Oreo and new friend look like they get along great, they look very happy,who said dogs can`t smile !. Wish we could take in another, but with 12 rescue cats, two rescue dogs and rescue Guinea Pigs, don`t have the space for more. Also two rescue GS750s !.
              Thanks! He is super happy this morning. Such a sweet dog. I know we did the right thing. Our hearts are full.
              No signature

Comment

That's pretty special, trev. You and your wife (and tomo and others here too) just might be Exceptionally Nice People! ...If it weren't for all the motorcycles around the place, that is...

Comment

well so far so good
                  No signature

Comment

Great story, Trevor.
                    A fantastic gesture from both you and your wife.
                    They look like long lost soul brothers, indeed.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Seems the new old dog has settled in well. Like he’s always been in your family. Good on you and your wife, Trevor.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

aaaaw? Stop it! I'm going all weepy...

Comment

Zola has turned into quite the protector... In fact it's almost hard to have folks over if the baby is out. She is a huge sweetie to the family and some other family members but the last few months have been challenging in having guests over. I did pick up a muzzle, she's not biting but barking, growling and occasionally nipping at clothing. we live in a rural setting, no dog parks no other socializing for Zola and i Fear she's just going to get even more hyper protective. The great news though is I think my Dog would lay it's life out to protect my daughter. They are absolutely adorable together and Zola is never far with the baby.

My Wife and I are looking at getting a Lab puppy, I think this will help socialize Zola with other dogs in the long run. I can't stress how great of a dog she is with the family but she will protect that family to the end.

Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I'm sorry to report that we had to put Soul down today....just two weeks to the day that we brought him home. He had more serious issues than the spca new about....we took him to our vet and it was discovered that he had bone cancer...he was struggling to get around and was in a great deal of pain.
                            My wife and I were with him as he passed. It was only two weeks but we loved him.
                            We found out that he didn't have a great life.....we tried to give him a good time with us.
                            No signature

Comment

Trevor, I’m sorry to hear. He did at end up in a good spot even though it was short.
                              sigpic

Glen
                              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Soul Trevor. At least he wasn't at the SPCA. I think that picture says it all. He looked happy.
                                Dale

1982 Suzuki GS1100G
                                2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300
                                1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                                1997 Honda 250 Rebel
                                1984 Honda Nighthawk S CB700SC
                                1973 Yamaha RT3 360

Comment

Working...
                                X