Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    Don't ride at night unless it is an emergency....So I got nothin', won't get nothin'...But i will vote.....
    Originally posted by trevor View Post
    I’m not a big night rider either but you saw what I posted. Do something like that.
    Actually when I got up this morning I was going to delete my rather rash statement, but since you quoted it, oops.

I'll try to figure out something....
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Looks great so far guys. I thought I'd picked a flop of a theme at first. Can't wait to see what else you guys come up with.

Sometimes with a busy week, night time is my only opportunity ride. I don't mind since traffic is lighter and we don't have deer issues like other places. Well, on the mountains we do, but I was super careful going up the Sandias the other night. Oddly enough I didn't see any deer that night.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        ...we don't have deer issues like other places. Well, on the mountains we do, but I was super careful going up the Sandias the other night. Oddly enough I didn't see any deer that night.
        Just had a small buck walk though our yard this morning. Didn't have a phone or camera on me at the time....LOL.

Comment

I'll try to figure out something....
          I had similar thought that I dont ride much at night.
          I will share my next thought, "well, some night, how far do I have to go to find a light....? Downtown? Well, lets see, oh, there are lights on front of garage, there is street light near end of driveway."
          Then next thought after that was "Dorkburger does a lot of night shots, anything I do will pale to that."
          But I will do something.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

One of my damp commutes home last year, as the date stamp shows. Can't wait to be back on the 850 next year!

Two of my favorite things in one pic

Also, this is my computer background at work, and the customers I was helping the other day told me it was their truck. They were a little weirded out but whatever hahaha

Last edited by Guest; 11-04-2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

As I've noted many times life is busy with (as of a few weeks) two teenagers, an older house, a big dog, etc. I'm sure many can commisreate or recall.
              The night ride is often my only time to get out. It serves sometimes as therapy, sometimes a joyous nightcap, always fun. The mental benefits outweigh the added peril, plus for me there's just something about trolling around quiet, less travelled streets at that time - especially on Sunday nights which are extra quiet. Ever since I was a kid riding a BMX bike, the night ride has a always had an allure.

As far as a topic, I've avoided it here and in The Riding Game, knowing that it's not a popular time to ride for many. I'm hoping for cool shots. It's a good time to play with lighting as Trevor did with strategic garage lighting.... I still have difficulty capturing my night world as I see it with the camera, but when it goes right, it's wonderful.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Just had a small buck walk though our yard this morning. Didn't have a phone or camera on me at the time....LOL.

They come right up to our house on occasion.21 006.jpg
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Ran across this one, a little incentive for youz guys.

DSCF1170.jpg
                  Gustov
                  80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                  81 GS 1000 G
                  79 GS 850 G
                  81 GS 850 L
                  83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                  80 GS 550 L
                  86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                  2002 Honda 919
                  2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    ....................................... Well, lets see, oh, there are lights on front of garage, .......................
                    <delete photo>
                    Well, ah, guess I need to find something else.
                    But, weather forecast is for 30s and low 40s all week, rain a couple days and they used the S-word for later in the week.
                    Last edited by Redman; 11-05-2018, 10:47 PM. Reason: <delete photo>

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

When I went out on Thursday I was toying with the idea of bringing my battery powered work floodlight along for fill light. I still may experiment at some point.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        How about your bike with some lights at night. Above the lights or below the lights, doesn't matter.
                        I wish I could say this was from a previous year, but this is my neighbor's house, 11/3/2018.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Spent the last 1.5 hours searching all devices for a picture. Only to realize, I done have a single picture of my bike at night... And dammit if it isn't too freaking cold out to get one...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

OK...Did this tonight. I think I'll call it, "Headin' out."

Used my Pany GX8, with on Olympus 45mm f/1.8 lens. ISO 400, f/3.2, 1.0s exposure.
                            Last edited by Baatfam; 11-09-2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Used my Pany GX8, with on Olympus 45mm f/1.8 lens. ISO 400, f/3.2, 10s exposure.
                              Awesome pic!! Love it.
                              No signature

Comment

................... 10s exposure.
                                Hey, a real camera. Long exposure, must be tripod. Hey, that is getting serious. Good results.

I Like the reflection in the windscreen.

Last edited by Redman; 11-05-2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X