No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took this on my wife's birthday last year, although I don't quite recall the circumstance. But I was able to find it, so

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I guess I just don't take pictures like I should but I figured I can use this one

Sunset 29 Aug by Scott Baker, on Flickr
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Not a great picture - Low light with a point and shoot, but it is such a great memory.

This is the same trip we met the giant Muskie, about as far north in Wisconsin as you can go. It's a little motel mostly used by fisherman. You call, reserve your room, and when you show up, the door is open with the key inside. When you leave, you leave cash for the room and the key. Never saw another person except for us. There was a little restaurant/bar across the street. We stayed up eating frozen pizza, drinking adult beverages, and laughing a lot, (but that's a story for another time).

Dusk, the "VACANCY" sign, the inviting glow from our room...Great trip, great memories...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Quick photo tip....
          I'm using an older iPhone. (The Spyderphone) and have found that in edit mode it's possible to make a flat sky at dusk really pop with color. I'm playing with a few now. Should have one up later. It's somewhat of a fine line between the picture looking real and overly edited though.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

http://GS at sunset by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

This picture was taken just after Sandy's. I have posted it before. Rode home that night sandwiched between Sandy and Rich's bikes, with no headlight. Must have looked like a train or something. Glad to have you back Sandy.

v
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Oh, man!
                After seeing Trevor's entry and some of the other entries, I almost dont want to bother to look thru my pics.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

But I have been.

In recent years, I have on many many occasions went by beach or other places about sunset time and took a series of shots.
                  Many times the sun goes behind clouds on the horizon so dont see an actaull sunset.
                  Some occasions do see an actaull sunset at the horizon. And I do usually wait a few more minutes after sunset (which would then be dusk) to see what happens, most usually nothing happens other than gets darker.

There was one occasion (Nov. 2013) where there was a heavy cloud cover everywhere, except for right at the horizon. I gather that was cloud cover over all of west Michigan and all of Lake Michigan, but was clear in Wisconsin (my supposition). Anyway, was clear at the horizon.
                  Saw the sun was behind the clouds, then a few minutes later saw the sun at the horizon, then saw sun go below the horizon (now is dusk), then the sun shinning up onto the bottom of the clouds.
                  < delete original picture >
                  The color-contrast-brightness is not adjusted. That is how it appeared. Lasted less than a minute.

Here, I have rotated it some, so the lake horizon is horizontal, less confusing to the brain.
                  Color-contrast-brightness not adjusted any from original.

I took a series of shots on that occasion.
                  Here I put together a composite, showing the transition over a period of several minutes.
                  This also supports what I was saying about my photo above is at dusk (not sunset).

<<this is not an entry>>

Last edited by Redman; 10-25-2018, 08:11 AM. Reason: strightneed out tilted lake

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice shot, Dave. If you want, here's a minor tweak of your horizon to horizontal.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                      Nice shot, Dave. If you want, here's a minor tweak of your horizon to horizontal.
                      Yah, I thought of doing that, maybe sometime later. (am busy doing something else with that series of photos.)
                      That does make a big difference, especially for the first time viewer. Me, when I look at it, I know what it is suppose to be. But, yah, the first time viewer, the first time they look at it, is confusing that water isn't horizontal.

You did that by rotating and then cropping, I gather. Didnt loose much.

Oh,yah, yours looks so much better, I should have done that.
                      Last edited by Redman; 10-22-2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Imgur has some half-decent editing tools for a free photo hosting site. I used the orientation button.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Great shots guys! I think this is getting us back on track as far as the artistry of a photo
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            Great shots guys! I think this is getting us back on track as far as the artistry of a photo
                            Yes indeed. Everyone is pulling out the stops this time. For sure, I am being left in the artistic dust, on this one.
                            Last edited by Baatfam; 10-22-2018, 04:45 PM.
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

This picture is from last summer. I know it's more twilight than dusk so I hope it still fits the subject. I was out riding on a hot, humid summer evening. I saw fireworks in the distance. I shot down a couple of back roads and found a clearing, perfect! I watched till the end then continued on my ride. It was a beautiful evening.
                              Attached Files
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

The "Spyder phone", lol... The iPhone 6S does have a decent camera... Great pictures so far. I have one buried somewhere. I will have to go digging for it...
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X