No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found this in my photo archive from 2016, almost forgot about it.

Meets all the criteria:

Dark of Night & Bike & Lights above or below.

Last edited by Redman; 11-05-2018, 10:53 PM. Reason: from 2016, almost forgot about it.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This is getting really interesting.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

This was from early this year when i was down in FL for bike week. This is my Buddy and his Triumph Bonneville T120... After he let me ride it I was HOOKED... I think the light effect here was telling me something about that Bonneville!

Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          .......... I think the light effect here was telling me something about that Bonneville!
          Let me guess: That is was going to burst.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Well it was my buddy's. So no, hahaha.
            Should have been a little more aware!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

OK, I finally have a chance to get back in.

Spent a couple of hours the other night, going through pictures that have been saved over the years. Most of the night shots were of scenery, but did not include the bike. So I went out to get one. The one I really wanted might have gotten me in trouble. There is a park across the street with a very nice Veterans' Memorial. Brick plaza area, several flags, seemed perfect, but the park is officially closed at dark and I am rather sure that someone would get their knickers in a twist if they saw me riding down the sidewalk to the plaza to pose the bike. So I settled for the City Munincipal office down the block. The building is well-lit, so you have to assume there are lights. There is a token light hanging over the bike, though.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I was headed to a friend's house (in Illinois), turned on my LED strips and leaned back to take a picture.

Roger, thanks for the oppportunity to let me post this.
                Current: 80 GS 1000G (Sadie)

Comment

Originally posted by SuzukiKid View Post
                  Roger, thanks for the oppportunity to let me post this.
                  Cool shot! There are other threads you could have posted that pic in so really It's me who needs to thank you for playing our little game here.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

He is usually rather busy all day, rests when he gets home, doesn't get much time to cruise the forum.

Yeah, that's <my> kid.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I didn't think I'd get a chance to ride or get a pic in this week but it was a nice night and so backed the bike out and saw this. Thought about putting my son on the bike with helmet, as if riding in a crouch, being chased way too close by my Mini. Decided that was way too contrived and I'd have to edit out the center stand. I'll put this here for now in case I don't get out and get something better the rest of the week. I like the symmetry and graphic quality.

Edit: I'm now taking this photo out of the running.

This one with me on the bike is my submission for this week "Lights at night"
                      I decided to do my original contrived idea with my real camera, me on the bike, a remote shutter release, and just a bit of retouching. This was fun.
                      Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 11-08-2018, 08:32 PM.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

OK...12 entries in, and one more day to submit a photo. Anyone else?
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          OK...12 entries in, ..........
                          And some impressive ones.

Comment

OK...12 entries in, and one more day to submit a photo. Anyone else?
                            I've gone through most of my stuff but no qualifying photos from me this week. Will be voting though.
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

GS1100g nite 006 by , on Flickr

Leave town for a week on family business. Have fun!
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Friday Morning.

Voting Day.

First, Rogers statement of the subject-category-theme
                                Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                ....... .... your bike with some lights at night. Above the lights or below the lights, doesn't matter.
                                Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                ... ... .... ..... Any lights will do. Key words being Bike, Night and Lights...

ANd the other entries:

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                r

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                                kr

Originally posted by Motojoe2492 View Post

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]56695[/ATTACH]

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

Originally posted by Steve View Post

.... and more .........
                                Last edited by Redman; 11-09-2018, 07:16 AM. Reason: tried 4x to repost gustovh

Comment

Working...
                                X