No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my records, we have 14 entries -- the largest number since I started tracking in July.
    We also have 11 votes so far.

Thank you, Dave Redman, for your summary posting and tallying. It's appreciated, and you know you're not alone.
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Some of the entries it wasnt really apparent that was in the dark of night, they may have been, but wasnt apparent in the photo.

Roger Burque was impressive how it showed the lights of the city in the distance, could make out some roads and downtown and neighborhoods and such, similar to an view from airplane. Kinda like Trevs pic from a couple weeks ago (that I was half expecting to see again this week). Was glad that Roger didnt specifically mean Lights-Of-The-Cityscape, because I dont think many folks would have that, I know I didnt.

Mine was definitely dark of night and lights and bike, but I will admit the lights were strewn on haphazardly (maybe I took 3 minutes to do that) and not all the bike was illuminated (maybe need two strings of those small lights).

Glen Dorkburger, Bob Baatfam and Rich82, got the most of my attention. All three looked like really took some imagination, initiative and photographic skill.
      Riches first pic originally submitted was so sharp and stark that it was startling impressive. Then is later-final submission was not as startling, but intersting for including the exhaust and lighting the face (I want to know if that was specific lighting for the face).
      All three are great, deserving .... and make me understand what level of talent we have here.
      FOr the tiebreaker in my deliberations, I will vote for Glen Dorkburger because the light was the main object-element of the composition.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dave I'm pretty sure the Suzuki manual says the GK model requires two strings of lights. The E's only requires one string. The T's and L's require one string but they must twinkle. ��
        Last edited by storm 64; 11-09-2018, 05:30 PM.
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          Dave I'm pretty sure the Suzuki manual says the GK model requires two strings of lights. ..........
          Ha!

I was looking for that info. That must be in some supplement that I don't have. Maybe that supplement also covers about parking bike on a boat launch dock, or riding the bike out into a hay field. Because I haven't found any info on that either.

Last edited by Redman; 11-09-2018, 07:19 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Geez Dave Redman, if you had voted for my picture I might have revealed all my little secrets.

Re: the face light. It's actually kind of funny. One of my Boy Scouts left behind a small headlamp after last weekend's camping trip. It wound up on my workbench after I cleaned out the car. I was taking lots of test shots varying exposure to get it dialed in. Back and forth from the bike to the camera through the dark garage and I happened to knock this lamp onto the floor. I guess a lightbulb literally went off in my head. It was just what I needed. It's tucked up against my chin for the pic. I still needed something else. My black helmet just melted into the dark. Last step was to get one of my sons to stand out of shot and shine a flashlight at the back and side of my helmet to give it just a little edge definition. In hindsight, I should have given him another light, thrown across my shoulders to define that edge as well. And full exposure (pun absolutely unavoidable and intended), I did edit out the center stand.
            Final shot was with my Nikon D5200 Tamron 18-270 @ 70mm. ISO 100 f/8 .4sec
            Camera on Tripod. Remote shutter release set on 2 sec delay so I could point it at the camera from the bike, click the button, and have time to put my hand back on the throttle.
            now you all know.
            Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 11-09-2018, 06:33 PM.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Exciting contest, this one!

Mark me down for Glen dorkburger and his DRUGS picture.

Comment

Gotta go with Glen (dorkburger's) pic this week. Just fantastic! I'm glad so many folks were able to get into this.

Just for fun I thought I'd show the spot I took that pic from in the daytime.

Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

A bit late but I have to go with Dorkburger. Great composition. The missing letters on sign really add to it as well. Were you throwing rocks by any chance?
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                    A bit late but I have to go with Dorkburger. Great composition. The missing letters on sign really add to it as well. Were you throwing rocks by any chance?
                    BB gun I bet....
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I'm throwing my vote in for Baatfam this week
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

No stone throwing / BB gun shenanigans on my part. I actually first saw the sign on a morning ride and took a picture then. To my surprise when i finally got back there at night a couple of months later, the GS was still lit.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Anyone please feel free to check my math but I have the voting at:

dorkburger 8
                          Rich82GS750TZ 6
                          Baatfam 2

Congrats, Glen! You and Bob helped inspire me to get more creative with this contest. What'll it be for next week?
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                            Anyone please feel free to check my math but I have the voting at:

dorkburger 8
                            Rich82GS750TZ 6
                            Baatfam 2

Congrats, Glen! You and Bob helped inspire me to get more creative with this contest. What'll it be for next week?
                            That's the numbers I got as well. It was a close race, and Rich had the quicker start, and Glen caught up and passed him.
                            I also count 14 submissions, the highest I've seen, and 16 votes, also the highest I've seen.
                            Congrats, Glen, on your fourth win!

Comment

Thanks all. College touring again today.
                              Ill get a full-size up later.

Nature taking over.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Here ya be. The new theme:
                                Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                Nature taking over.
                                Last edited by kerrfunk; 11-10-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X