Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    I vote for Marvince. Because, well just read Rich's post... 
    The Podunk in my pic does not exist on a Graves County Kentucky map, you will see Fairbanks which is the given name but the locals have called it Podunk for so long they convinced the Road Dept. to put up an official sign at each end of "Town" which are less than a half mile apart..........LOL
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Baatfam for me this week
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

While Podunk is a good place for Social distancing, I think Bob's sign captures the currant Socio-political climate very well. BATFAM for me this week.

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Surprisingly I guess i'm doing this today.

With one vote each, Rich and Jedz
          Two votes go to Dorkburger and Redman
          Marvin picked up 3 votes
          And with 5 votes and a Ditto from Rob (???) - Baatfam looks to be the winner

If someone could please verify but Bob, what's next
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Verified! Thanks Scott for doing the count! And thanks everyone for the votes.

Theme will be up before noon, eastern time.
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

OK.....Someone gave me an idea:
              Originally posted by Grimly View Post
              Redman's sign is a portent of good things to come.
              Yeah, we need flowers.
              Yes, I agree! This week's theme: We need flowers! Interpret as you wish...

Flowers at Norris Dam by R John Thieda, on Flickr
              Last edited by Baatfam; 02-12-2022, 11:50 AM.

Comment

IMG_4381 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Not riding til the salt gets washed off the roads, so gotta use one from the archives. Not that I'd find anything in bloom now, anyway.

Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

The Quail Motorcycle Gathering
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by trevor; 02-13-2022, 09:31 PM.
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      This week's theme: We need flowers!
                      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Now this is stuck in my head😊
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

2015.... sheesh, time sure flies....http://GS by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                          Last edited by dorkburger; 02-12-2022, 08:51 PM.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]63841[/ATTACH]The Quail Motorcycle Gathering

How about we make this a little bigger....

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              How about we make this a little bigger....
                              Thanks Bob, i tried to do something different and post a pic from my phone...doesn't work very well.
                              Cheers
                              No signature

Comment

July 2018 (my first summer of retirement)
                                Not too far off one on favorite afternoon rides, a gravel road that goes downhill and curves out of sight, and I knew went toeward river and a marschy area. Previously I had always just past on bye. So, since I had the time, I went that way, and found, at a creek and a bridge, these wild flowers growing way up to level of the bridge.
                                At first they seemed like the lilleys I have been familiar with.THey looked alot like the lilley in our backyard and at various places along road. But after a while I noticed the flower head is different in that it hangs down instead of pointing up. And had more prominent spots. . Made me wonder what must be different in the seed or whatever to determine that difference, or if I took some from my backyard and planted them here in a marsch would they grow different. Pondered a while, and I suppose that would be a deep study of botany and DNA and genitics and such. Was quite a memerable experience, maybe because was such a different expereince going for ride on a day of retirment (verses weekend or day off when working).
                                Continued along on my ride. Never really did look into it too much further, other than did find what these are called something like Wild Marsch Tiger Lilley (but I suspect not properly recalling now).

FOr general reference, these are what I am more accustome to

First pic is my entry, maybe not the more apealing pic, but for me it is because of what I recall of the expereince (which I know is not contained nor conveyed in the pic).
                                Last edited by Redman; 02-15-2022, 06:07 PM. Reason: Yammer some more

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X