Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
    So of course this is not an entry. This is my oldest grandson, 14 at the time...............

V
    What a fantastic adventure for you guys.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I did not, and do not, actively encourage anyone to ride motorcycles, especially family. Too personal a choice, with a lot of risk.
      Let them decide on their own, and if they ask for help, I will give it.

Anyway...Somehow this happened about 7 years ago...First Granddaughter Addy getting close to two years ald, sitting on my Triumph.

Didn't really want to post this picture of parental/grandparental irresponsibility, (balancing 3.5 ft off the ground, no helmet, no spotter), but I am blaming Grandma. (And, it's all I have...)
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I see she had a good grip on her Teddy Bear.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Gustovh, it's nice to see another Air Museum nut out there. Looks like you had a great time with your grandson and it looks like he had a great time also.👍
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Yes we had a very good time. Summer 2019 we are riding to Colorado Springs to attend a Pathfinder reunion and run Pikes Peak. That trip should take about 1 1/2-2 weeks. Contemplating putting on a sidecar for that one.

V
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Ya know? This "game" has made me realize, just how bad a photographer I really am.... Anyway. This is my Boy, and his second bike, next to my bike. His first bike, was an '08 Ninja 250...
              He has been in love with my GS since I bought it. From the first time I took him for a ride on it, he has wanted one of his own...

Last edited by Spyder; 11-27-2018, 02:30 PM.
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                Ya know? This "game" has made me realize, just how bad a photographer I really am....
                LOL....I believe this "game" has caused several of us to reevaluate our abilities....And challenge ourselves a little more...

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  LOL....I believe this "game" has caused several of us to reevaluate our abilities....And challenge ourselves a little more...
                  Yes... this is the case for me....
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Next season, I will be putting more time into my shots. Also, will start to take more random pictures in my travels...
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Next season, I will be putting more time into my shots. Also, will start to take more random pictures in my travels...
                      I think that needs to be the biggest and hardest change for me as I only take shots I think are interesting to my ride.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                        I think that needs to be the biggest and hardest change for me as I only take shots I think are interesting to my ride.
                        LOL...Random doesn't work for me, Spyder. I need to be deliberate, plan to take pictures, sometimes with a theme already in mind, but still stay watchful for great pictures.

I guess it really is a mind set. And practice, lots of practice.

First thing is to always take a camera wherever you go. Bike, car, feet...don't matter, just have a camera with you. You just never know when you will see something beautiful. I've taken some nice wildflower photos in my doctors parking lot. You just need to find a camera that is small enough you always take it, and good enough you like what you get out of it.

For me, that means a real camera, not a phone. Cell phones work, some people do amazing things with them, but when I use my phone, which I do often, I take "cell phone" pictures....if that makes sense. A real camera makes me stop and think for a second, before I shoot.

Besides, a real camera makes it just more fun...

Comment

I have a couple of nice digital (compact) cameras. Will have to pull them out and do some comparing. Also, have an iPhone 7-Plus, that takes some decent pictures. I will start playing around with them all, and learning all the features, and options. Bottom line is, I would really like some REALLY good pictures of my bikes. You guys will be the judges next season, lol, as I likely won't be getting any of the bike until then... Unless the theme is "Your bike in your garage", lol...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

Comment

I’m out of town away from my pc. I hope posting this pic works from my phone. Sorry if I don’t get a chance to vote tomorrow, I will try. This is me and my younger son Noah about 6 or 7 years ago.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 11-29-2018, 07:36 PM.
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

This week my vote goes to Burque73. lots of great family pictures
                              The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                              1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                              past bikes. RF900
                              TL1000s
                              Hayabusa
                              gsx 750f x2
                              197cc Francis Barnett
                              various British nails

Comment

Voting for Redman. Not only is that a an interesting window to the past, but also the torch has apparently been passed......and ran with.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X