No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my father, who lives in Illinois, and who likes to get sign pictures of his age.
    One year we posed for a picture at an intersection of two highways that were BOTH of our ages... Maybe IL 17 and IL 47?

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
      This is my father, who lives in Illinois, and who likes to get sign pictures of his age.
      What a simply marvelous idea. I like your Dad very much...

I can't tell you how many times I've ridden TN 62, (I'm 62), which not far from us, and yet I never thought of that.
      If ya don't mind, I will probably steal that idea.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Someone want to take a trip back in time? I did back during my failed Blue Ridge ride:

Antiquity by Scott Baker, on Flickr
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

This was taken a May 2016 on my way home from my Brother-in-law's wedding in Vegas...Wife and son flew there and I rode there. It was just after Fred had totaled my 1100e and I needed to clear my head.
          No one around except a the person that took the photo...it was so cool the way the clouds hung over the Salt Flats...
          Bonneville....

Not the entry but here is a close up of the sign...

No signature

Comment

I actually have noting digitally for this. Luckily in a fit of a long, slow burning frustration, I finally got around to somewhat organizing my old prints so a hunting I will go. Things are at least organized by topic now anyway.
            Long ago someone who shall remain nameless, but happens to be the only female in the house, separated all prints from their envelopes and corresponding negatives, and put things in boxes. Then the ensuing years of her scrapbooking and kids school projects made even more of a disorganized mess..... but I digress.

As as far as geeking out on winning, I do the same. I’ve also geeked out on being selected as artist of the day a few times on an Instagram page. Just a few minutes of notariety, but cool still.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Sandy you might remember this one. I decided to dump the old picture for a better one.

V
              Last edited by gustovh; 12-06-2018, 12:46 PM.
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

This is my father, who lives in Illinois, and who likes to get sign pictures of his age.......
                So, every year he has to go further west or south for IL state highways, or US routes, well, one year further west and the next year further south, if even or odd.
                but north or east for interstates.
                And some year there may not be such a state highway or US route or Interstate, oh, then what....? might have to resort to local streets and avenues.

Scheesch. I though this was such a strange thing you were talking about, and now I am thinking about it. And I know where M-66 is.

Last edited by Redman; 12-01-2018, 10:01 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey guys,

Lets not turn this into a "tag" game again please..it's about photography...with all due respect.
                  No signature

Comment

No problem. I'm out.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      No problem. I'm out.

Lol.........
                      Last edited by trevor; 12-01-2018, 11:04 PM.
                      No signature

Comment

Hey Trevor, it's not a tag game - if it was, people would be rushing out to get pictures. Besides, not all of us have the desire/ability to be proficient at photography, can afford $1,000 cameras, or even have "professional" shots taken of our bikes. We take the pictures for the fun of it with what we have based on what we see. If it happens to fit into someone's desire to see something than great.

In all reality, let's not make this some elitist only event. Rather, just enjoy what everyone brings to the table.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          Hey Trevor, it's not a tag game - if it was, people would be rushing out to get pictures. Besides, not all of us have the desire/ability to be proficient at photography, can afford $1,000 cameras, or even have "professional" shots taken of our bikes. We take the pictures for the fun of it with what we have based on what we see. If it happens to fit into someone's desire to see something than great.

In all reality, let's not make this some elitist only event. Rather, just enjoy what everyone brings to the table.
                          I don't own a camera...just a cell phone. "Elitist"...it cost nothing to take a pic with imagination...and I beg to differ about it not being a tag game...it's turning into "post a bike in front of some inanimate object"...I'm sure I will look like I'm being the dick again...but sheesh...As for for posting "pics for the fun of it"...you do know I started the "out for a ride today, how about some pics" thread? Lol.....All I'm asking is that we try to do better....trust me, if we strive to do better, this tread will thrive rather than being mediocre.

No signature

Comment

I can appreciate the thought of seeking to post photos that are interesting and creative.
                            And we're in a time of year when a number of us are not riding and have to dig through archives.
                            And some of us are going to approach the game in a tag fashion. Suits me either way, I guess. Do folks generally vote in tag?
                            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

All my travels only sign I've wanted to take with me...
                              Here's my sign:

Not many roads with my name on it!

Thank you all for sharing you pictures last week. Awesome feel good stuff.

Best,
                              Last edited by Jedz123; 12-02-2018, 08:45 AM.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Do folks generally vote in tag?
                                No, it is all about being first. First one to get the tag, picks the new tag. When it was really going, you had to be quick.
                                If you didn't use your cell phone, you might find the tag completed by the time you got home.
                                The tag game is about getting out and riding, not so much about the picture.

So even if you approach this as a tag game, it still isn't.
                                And even if the picture comes from the archives, this is more about the picture, and it is slower paced. We get nice photos. Very nice photos.
                                None of us can turn in great art for every theme, sometimes we have to use what we have on hand.
                                But every single person that has played, has put up some very nice, artistic photos.

Voting is based on the viewers feelings looking at the picture. Some are swayed by story, some by color, some by location, some by whatever.
                                I have no complaints about this game. One of the best we've ever had.

Cell vs. camera - I said up above, some people do amazing work with a cell phone. I don't. That's me. Don't sweat it.
                                But understand, cameras are more fun, and you don't need a $1000 camera.
                                My favorite travel camera cost me $150 used, with $100 lens, $250 total and it can take pictures far better than my $700 phone.

...trust me, if we strive to do better, this tread will thrive rather than being mediocre.
                                Curious Trevor...
                                What makes you think we aren't trying? The quality of the photos, the themes?

I know I'm trying, the people I PM about photography with are trying.
                                Reading through the past themes, most of them open to artistic interpretation.
                                So, what? (Just curious...)
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X