Redman​ for my vote this week.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

A few votes in.

Here are entries complied, for easy comparison, without the misc discussion. And with out the storys (we are considering best picture, eh, not best story)

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      This week's Challenge:
      Passing the tourch.

So the theme is getting the next generation on a bike in hopes to keep our Motorsport alive.
      Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post

r
      << Vince Gustov in next post >>

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
      Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
      OK,
      Originally posted by trevor View Post

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

)
      ...more
      Last edited by Redman; 11-30-2018, 08:50 AM. Reason: Gus pic sometimes appaears sometimes doesnt. so isnt related to what I have done. spent 15 minutes trying to fix.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

. . . . more

Originally posted by Redman View Post

".

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Originally posted by Spyder View Post

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
        I try to keep them in order of submission, but let me try Vince Gustov's again
        Originally posted by gustovh View Post
        w
        Last edited by Redman; 11-30-2018, 08:45 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Voting for Redman. Great shots everyone and thanks for sharing your family memories.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Gustov pic does show Infulencing the next (2nd next?) generatiion. Activly involved in that.

And some nice pics of young kids on bikes.

Roger Burque, Keerfunk and Jedz are great pics of giving young kids a ride.
            Roger Burque is great for showing the faces and the experssions, the kid listning and Roger explaining, and so the picture tells something of a story. THe perspective is just the casual observer standing there, could have moved in closer and maybe minimized the distrating background. BUt the background does tell the story some too.
            Kerry Keerfunks is also great for showing the faces and experssions, the kids looks is squeelling with delight. (Although the picture also looks like could be a complelty different picture in about 1 second).
            Jedz great pic also showing the faces. THe kid looks like maybe is enjoying it, or maybe wondering why mom(?) is standing there taking a picuture and allowing this to happen, look Mom, he his taking his hand off the controls.

My pic is well lite and nondistracting background (yes, on purpose). But is just us sitting there, and all face expressions are blank. (again, probably related to all the commotion related to me preplanning the location and time of day of posing the scene, getting everyone together, me setting up camera, give wife specific instruction with the camera, then I gather kids and get us all on bike, then in the meantime she has moved from where I specified or something. You may notice that I have no more pics after this occasion of me and the two kids on bike.)

I am sure many of the pics are significant pictures for the individuals involved. And well serve the purpose they were taken for.

I like cowboys pic of him and Charmayne. But then again, I like the pic because I have seen them ride together for a couple years, then have seen her ride on her own.

But looking at the pics, just as pictures for the subject-them-catagory, I keep comming back to the the three of giving kids a ride. And for the tie breaker, Roger giving the instrutions and the kids listning, my vote goes for Roger Burque

Comment

I'm voting for Kerrfunk this week. You should see the way we rode on the back of a Triumph in 1963. Your daughter's smile says it all! Redman your two kids and you are a classic shot! Smile.....
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Kerrfunk for me, also.

A good photo, (in motion, subject fairly sharp, background blurred), which clearly showed my what the subject was.
                Add in the pure joy on his daughter's face, combined with the apprehensive expression on Kefffunk's face, makes it the winner for me.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hmmm, I have to agree with Dave on this one. My vote goes to Cowboyup...
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

................................................. Redman your two kids and you are a classic shot! Smile.....

Daughter the next year.
                    SAme place, same bike.

Daughter 30 years later. Her wedding.

Comment

They are all great but I vote for Kerrfunk.
                      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

He must have some redemming quatilties besides the choice of motorcycles he rides......?
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

He must have some redemming quatilties besides the choice of motorcycles he rides......?
                          Hee hee
                          i did notice early on that he referred to his “bike” (not Harley).
                          and now he is talking about getting something “more suitable to riding any further than 20 minutes”.

Note to all:
                          of all the things to be concerned about of kids and their spouses , weither if they ride or not is minor.

other note about own kids riding:
                          everything is different when/after getting call from emergency room.
                          and then again after picking up crashed bike from tow lot.
                          and then again after sitting thru court hearing and listening to the officer’s description of condition they found him.
                          (I am choking up, just writing this, 9 years later)
                          (only good thing of these experiences, relative to my possible influence, was seeing the damage to helmet, jacket, gloves,riding pants and boots on a near 90 degree day)

Last edited by Redman; 11-30-2018, 10:18 PM. Reason: Later notes.

Comment

Gotta vote for Kerrfunk this week. The serious look of concentration on his face combined with the look of sheer joy on her face says it all.
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Thanks for the votes, y'all! Lotta fun submissions again!
                              My vote is for Roger Burque73. I like the safety gear and the instructions being given, the looks on each face.
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I vote for Kerry as well.
                                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                                X