No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all tend to panic when nobody replies with a pic in the theme we've chosen right away. Looks to be going OK though especially being only the first 24 hours into this one.

I'd like to see sam000lee jump in with a favorite pic of his cross country adventure. Surely there are loads of folks who have enjoyed such an experience as moto-camping. I have plenty of camping photos but the one time we brought the bikes we didn't take any pics. A very unfortunate thing too because my wife rode the XT225 and I rode the KLR650 between Angel Fire and Taos, NM. We had a great time and will always remember that trip, but didn't take a camera.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Alright. After much deep thought and consideration for others here. LOL. Actually a knee jerk decision, I'll stick with the theme. If you posted something thinking it was going to change post up something else. After all it's only a game and maybe next week there will be a more universal theme.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Ok looks like a new topic coming so for fun I'll post my favorite motel pics....lol
        Me and Rob on his get away before getting married. We were in a sketchy place...lol

I am really curious, what is the purpose of the bungee cord attached to the handlebars and hanger rack? If the bike starts to fall, the bungee won't stop it, most likely it'll pull the rack off the wall.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
          I am really curious, what is the purpose of the bungee cord attached to the handlebars and hanger rack? If the bike starts to fall, the bungee won't stop it, most likely it'll pull the rack off the wall.

Yes it would...but it allowed me to have it off the side stand so we could get through to the washroom.
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Yes it would...but it allowed me to have it off the side stand so we could get through to the washroom.
            So, the bike wasn't utilizing the side stand OR the center stand? And that bungee and hanger rack supported all that weight? I guess that the bungee and most especially the hanger rack are much stronger than I ever would have imagined. I'm amazed!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
              So, the bike wasn't utilizing the side stand OR the center stand? And that bungee and hanger rack supported all that weight? I guess that the bungee and most especially the hanger rack are much stronger than I ever would have imagined. I'm amazed!
              No centre stand on my bike....the bike is ever so lightly leaning against the wall..
              No signature

Comment

I kept looking, this is camping GSR Rally style at the Palatial Rosemount Motel in Bedford, Indiana.
                IMG_2744.jpg
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  ............, not an artistic photo at all...
                  But to me it tells a story, she seems to be saying "look where we are, look what we are doing, this is fun, ....."

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    But to me it tells a story, she seems to be saying "look where we are, look what we are doing, this is fun, ....."
                    Or...If you've ever been to any Harley rallies, she is about to do something NSFW....Just sayin'
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      Or...If you've ever been to any Harley rallies, she is about to do something NSFW....Just sayin'
                      Ah, have witnessed such (in a former life) ('80s).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This one is great for we camp every year for the NE GSR rally!
                        This is from this year, My Tux and Road Clam's Kawasaki H1 Mach III.
                        This is front of our site! (tent is in the lean-to behind).
                        Acceptable?
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          Acceptable?
                          Yes...And very cool. I had me one of those 500 triples for a short time, years ago.
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

great photo Jedz. I'm curious. What is this?
                            Capture2.JPG
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                              great photo Jedz. I'm curious. What is this?
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]56925[/ATTACH]
                              Evil bright LED lights... lol Will have to do some DEEP searching for a "camping" picture...
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                                This one is great for we camp every year for the NE GSR rally!
                                This is from this year, My Tux and Road Clam's Kawasaki H1 Mach III.
                                This is front of our site! (tent is in the lean-to behind).
                                Acceptable?
                                Great shot. Beers in hand ....must be camping.
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X