No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late afternoon, sun setting to the rear right. This used to be the local, now gone, lumber mill pond. It is now stocked yearly with trout.

V
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Last edited by DaveR; 01-09-2019, 09:00 PM.
      1979 GS1000
      1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Friday. Vote Day.

Let me summarize the submissions without the interspersed discussion.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        ..........................: Profile picture of your bike.

Profile: meaning directly from the side. .
        And the other submissions:

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Originally posted by Agemax View Post

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        on Flickr

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
        r
        .... more
        Last edited by Redman; 01-11-2019, 09:21 AM. Reason: get agemax attatchement to dispaly

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

more..................

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
          Originally posted by Spyder View Post

t...
          Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          Okay,
          Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          Originally posted by gustovh View Post

V
          Originally posted by DaveR View Post
          I am glad to see the number of submissions, after being concerned that maybe folks didnt have any 'profile' pictures. SOme folks said they had many to chose from. SOme said they had only a small number to choose from. Others submitted pics that really arent profile, maybe they didnt have any to choose from, or maybe that is too much of a detail for them to notice.
          Last edited by Redman; 01-11-2019, 09:19 AM. Reason: fix Norms attatchement

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I have always thought the profile shot is the most boring, mostly since cant see the four pipes, so I never took any that way. Let me tell you why I did then endeavor to get some profile shots of the bike.
            Over a period of 5 years or so I had submitted pics of my 650G and then 850G and then 1100GK for the Bike Of THe Month, maybe a total of 4 submissions. I thought they were good pics, maybe from different perspective, high, low, maybe real up close so didnt include all the wheel. All from a forward angle view so see the four pipes. A couple times he made some comment about the pic not being what he was looking for. Then I thought "I should not be submitting pics/poses that I like, I should figure out what he he thinks is suitable." So I looked over pics in the gallery (this was 2015), and didnt take long to notice that most all the Bike Of The Month pics were direct side profile, bike filling most of frame, with a open uncluttered background. So that is what I did. Found an overcast day, found an interesting background, and posed bike for a direct profile, straight perpendicular front to back, and I even went to some effort to get it perpendicular top to bottom. And I took several pics of this pose just for purposes of submitting one to Bike Of The Month, and I took a few more that I posed more to my liking*, since it was such good lighting condition for pics that day. I did submit one of the profile shots to bike of the month. Anyway, that profile pic was choosen as Bike Of The Month (see link in signature line).

So, I think some of you guys (with close up profile shoots) should submit your above pics to Bike Of The Month.

Last edited by Redman; 01-11-2019, 02:42 PM.

Comment

I've got to vote for Sandy
              , as that bike has stole my heart. I'm a sucker for a Blue & White bike.
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks for explanation, Dave.
                In my head, I guess I always considered profiles boring, mostly to document my bike. But the pictures here proved me wrong.
                And the turn out was great. 17 pictures, a number we only hit or exceeded twice last year.

At least half of the pictures were in the running for me, but the one that really stands out to me, is Dorkburger's.
                He totally hit the theme, straight solid profile, but was the only one to take a chance and go portrait/vertical.
                The orientation really works with the rock formation.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Though the "L's" don't get a lot of Love here I really like Kerry's shot (kerrfunk). That one gets my vote this week.
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Jedz123 gets my vote. (no pic for me this week)
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

First, Let me complement and encourage Spyder and MarvinSC for what are probably their strongest submission to date.
                      Norm Stormin and Cowboy Scott too.

Was 4 or 5 pics that got most of my attention. Again, had to find some tie-breakers, the easy tie-breaker was first for the ones that were not really profiles, but then was still difficult choice with the remaining.

My pic can easily be criticized for lack of clarity-sharpness (I blame that on my old digital camera and the software I use to reduce to 1200 pixel for posting).

Without yacking too much more, I did like DaveR pic.
                      But I'll make a close choice for Kerry Keerfunk, certainly a profile pic of the bike, good sharp colorful picture of the bike, well exposed bike dispite the harsh shadows, includes enough background scenery to make it interesting, but is still a (profile) picture of the bike, not a picture of the wide expanse of the scenery with bike there also, is a picture of the bike.

Last edited by Redman; 01-11-2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

My favourite this week is the pic by Sandy. Bike and background are just so darned purdy.
                        1979 GS1000
                        1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

DaveR for me this week. Great shot!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

DaveR For me please..
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              .............. took several pics of the profile pose just for purposes of submitting one to Bike Of The Month, and I took a few more that I posed more to my liking*,................

Last edited by Redman; 01-11-2019, 02:11 PM.

Comment

My vote is for Sandy this week. What a great pic.
                                1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Working...
                                X