Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    Tough choice as always...
    Ah... for me, this week is much more difficult than others.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Man, Oh, Man!
      So much to exclaim about.
      If I were to start I would yammer on for paragraph and paragraphs, about the quality of them all, and about what is interesting about most of every one.

Wow! We have some guys that say they have worked on taking silhouette photos for some time, and we have some that say they used pics that were not so much silhouettes and manipulated-edited the file to make it look like a silhouette, and we have one that setup a makeshift situation to produce a silhouette to photo. Wow!

If was voting for the meaning of the picture, the story behind the picture, the significance of the photo: That would have to be Trevor. Really struck me.

In deciding between Gustov and Sandy, I think Sandy was the photographer, so I will use that as a tiebreaker and vote for Sandy, plus I liked that it was three bikes.

Was three other photos quite deserving also.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Bob Baatfam ​for me this week.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I vote for Sandy this time.

I like the effect... it looks like some type of motorcycle "metamorphisis" from cruiser to sportbike.
          1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Sandy for me.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

As usual, naming one image as ''best'' seems a disservice to a few others. Using the theme word as the main criteria, gustovh ​is my pick this week.
              1979 GS1000
              1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Thanks for the recap and commentary, Redman.
                I enjoyed the variety of pictures. Some of these could be in magazines!
                I'm on the Sandy train, with an honorable mention to Roger Burque. I dig that setup!
                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Tough choice as usual. That's a good thing though. I have to go with gustovh this week. I think his entry says the most to me...
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Burque73, works for me, I like the creativity of the photo.

Here is my rendition of Sandy's photo, he just beat me to it.

V
                    Gustov
                    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                    81 GS 1000 G
                    79 GS 850 G
                    81 GS 850 L
                    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                    80 GS 550 L
                    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                    2002 Honda 919
                    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I knew you were going to do that, that's why I posted right away. Ha ha. Anyway I think your photo was actually taken on your camera by Rich (Wizard) IIRC. It was a memorable evening hanging out up there with friends and watching the sunset. I think I'm going with Baatfam's this week. Love the composition and creativity that went into it.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I have been pondering since this morning but have to jump on the Sandy train. Lot of good pics this week!
                        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Great pics....
                          Sandy's and gustovh's are outstanding...(as we've seen before)
                          Love Storm 64's because of the impromptu nature of the shot...
                          The colors in Jedz', and the effort in Burgue's both deserve notice...
                          Several others are also worthy of winning, but I must vote for...

...trevor's pic of his Dad.

Not because of how it met the theme, or it's artistic quality, but because it touched something important in me.
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Gustovh for me with Sandy an extremely close second
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Voting for Trevor, based on emotion. It is a cool shot of a man at work as well.

I lost my father long ago, and now my father in law is in declining health.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Good Saturday Morning One and All!

My count is...

Burque73 with 1 vote
                                trevor and Baatfam with 2 votes each
                                gustovh with 3 votes

And our winner, with 5 votes is Sandy!

(If someone could please verify the count, that would be great.)
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X